Home
NHL 17 News Post

EA Sports has just announced their NHL 17 public beta, scheduled to arrive on July 28 and continue through August 4. Fans will be able to check out and provide feedback for the following modes:
  • Online Versus – All teams available to use in online head-to-head matches.
  • HUT – All modes to try. Cannot purchase NHL Points.
  • EASHL – Level capped but lower level team and player customization options are available.
Make sure you register for the NHL 17 public beta here.

Source - EA Sports

Game: NHL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 5 - View All
NHL 17 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 13whitebread @ 06/22/16 09:43 PM
Already done cannot wait is it September allready?

# 2 BlacknBlue @ 06/23/16 01:46 AM
Glad they are doing a public beta. Will definitely be using this to decide if it is worthy of a purchase, or not.

Does anyone know if there is a way to sign up for both the Xbox One and PS4 betas if you have both systems and the same EA sign-in? Would like to compare the game on the two consoles.

# 3 GlennN @ 06/23/16 09:55 AM
I am a bit disappointed that not one of the three of the areas in which they are interested in getting feedback is a single player mode, like BeAGM. That does not fill me with hope that anything has changed for the better.

# 4 actionhank @ 06/23/16 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I am a bit disappointed that not one of the three of the areas in which they are interested in getting feedback is a single player mode, like BeAGM. That does not fill me with hope that anything has changed for the better.
It seems to be the new normal...

Offline mode just doesn't get the love now that HUT and EASHL (which could easily be it's own separate game, since it doesn't need NHL licensing for players, just the gear) get all of the attention.

It's what has caused this game to go from a guaranteed pre-order, down to a "hopefully someone on OS likes it and posts a video...because it all looks the same" in the space of 5 years.

# 5 briguy4747 @ 07/24/16 08:03 PM
Is there a time limit to play the Beta ? (10 hours or ?)
I own a PS4 and Xbox One...Can I play it on both or only one system ?

# 6 Moose24x @ 07/24/16 09:13 PM
I come home from a deployment sometime in the middle of those dates. I registered and it'll be a nice little treat to get to try 17 when I get home even though I won't end up playing much with all the other homecoming things I'll have going on. Still excited.

# 7 BlacknBlue @ 07/25/16 03:41 AM
Has anyone received their info to access the beta? Getting down to the wire and I haven't received or heard anything. Nor has anyone I play with or know.

# 8 hgg @ 07/25/16 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
Has anyone received their info to access the beta? Getting down to the wire and I haven't received or heard anything. Nor has anyone I play with or know.
I signed up day 1, haven't heard anything so far.

What I did hear (from reddit) is that the Beta is not going to be available in Europe, which is weird because I did sign up for the PS4 EU.

# 9 ballgameronny @ 07/25/16 09:33 AM
Yeah nothing yet either for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 10 Södy @ 07/26/16 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgg
I signed up day 1, haven't heard anything so far.

What I did hear (from reddit) is that the Beta is not going to be available in Europe, which is weird because I did sign up for the PS4 EU.
I hope not.

# 11 TheNinjaGuyDon @ 07/26/16 11:44 AM
FML, for some reason I thought this would just be an open beta or available with pre-order and registration is now closed. If anyone has an extra beta code please let me know. Had a ton of fun playing with the OS guys last year. PS4 or XB1.

# 12 ajs41072 @ 07/26/16 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
I keep checking my email and nothing there yet. I signed up very early on, might have been day 1.

# 13 BlacknBlue @ 07/26/16 09:58 PM
Yes, me too. Quite strange to say absolutely nothing (that we have seen) about a beta, after they so promenantly announced it.

I also never did end up being able to figure out how to sign up for both PS4 and Xbox One betas.

# 14 Elite49 @ 07/27/16 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs41072
I keep checking my email and nothing there yet. I signed up very early on, might have been day 1.
More than likely the info was always going to be released tomorrow, don't know why people are thinking days beforehand.

# 15 Fenderbendr @ 07/27/16 01:55 PM
Just got my beta code along with two extra codes they said I could share with friends. Pm me if you missed out on the beta signup and I can give you a code.

# 16 MDgolf @ 07/27/16 01:56 PM
Looks like you need ps+ because you can't just play a quick offline game

# 17 racerx @ 07/27/16 01:56 PM
I just received an email for the NHL 17 beta with my code plus they sent 2 extra codes to share with friends. Looks like you go to the PS Store and redeem the codes there to download on July 28th.

# 18 ballgameronny @ 07/27/16 02:00 PM
Got my code and code for 2 friends

# 19 adayinthelife @ 07/27/16 02:08 PM
Got my code(s) and was able to redeem on the PSN store and queue up the download, but won't be able to get to my ps4 until tonight. Anyone try it yet?

Also, PM me if you missed out on the signup, I've got 2 extra codes to give away.

EDIT: CODES TAKEN

# 20 jaiman @ 07/27/16 02:12 PM
I signed up but never received an email yet. Weird, probably should have received one by now. Perhaps someone could share an extra code, in case I don't get an email?

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.