Home
FIFA 17 News Post

EA Sports has announced Japan's top flight football league, the MEIJI YASUDA J1 League and J.League Cup tournament will be featured in FIFA 17 when the game launches on September 27.

All 18 clubs that make up the J1 League will be featured, with authentic logos, kits, and rosters. Content from these clubs will also be included in FIFA Ultimate Team and other modes across FIFA 17.

Below is the list of clubs of the J1 League:
  • Vegalta Sendai
  • Kashima Antlers
  • Urawa Reds
  • Omiya Ardija
  • Kashiwa Reysol
  • FC Tokyo
  • Kawasaki Frontale
  • Yokohama F. Marinos
  • Shonan Bellmare
  • Ventforet Kofu
  • Albirex Niigata
  • Júbilo Iwata
  • Nagoya Grampus
  • Gamba Osaka
  • Vissel Kobe
  • Sanfrecce Hiroshima
  • Avispa Fukuoka
  • Sagan Tosu

Also of note, the new home of Gamba Osaka, Suita City Football Stadium, will be one of the new stadiums available in FIFA 17.

More news on other leagues, teams and stadiums for FIFA 17 will be announced closer to launch.

Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 ShaiLeGran @ 06/24/16 08:21 AM
Great job EA! The more I play it, the more I enjoy FIFA 16. All these little details and stuff to unlock keeps me coming back. Something that PES (as good as the gameplay is as well) lacks.

# 2 3oh2 @ 06/24/16 08:41 AM
I'm really excited about his and I have no idea why. Hopefully this means Japan's National Team is also added.

# 3 BEARYChi @ 06/24/16 08:46 AM
WOW!!! EA really did it. I'm more Hyped for Fifa 17.

# 4 DBMcGee3 @ 06/24/16 11:46 AM
More licenses are never a bad thing, although I see no scenario in which I ever play with any of these teams.

# 5 asu666 @ 06/24/16 12:12 PM
Nice add. Thanks EA

# 6 Matt10 @ 06/24/16 12:31 PM
Astronomical addition. Very excited to see the J-League. My first KONAMI game was J-League WE 97, I used to play with the Urawa Red Diamonds because they were the closest to look like Manchester United. This is great news!

# 7 Murph @ 06/24/16 02:05 PM
I think EA had to release this info, since the J1 League spilled the beans with their own press release a while back.

# 8 RoyceDa59 @ 06/24/16 02:11 PM
This is nice but I am still waiting on my Jupiler League EA.

# 9 bad_philanthropy @ 06/24/16 03:05 PM
Wish we could get Ukraine. Have had Shakhtar in ROW for a while, and I thought Dinamo Kiev used to be in as well, but it's a pretty good league, and would be fun to play, and a good talent pool to add to the database for MM.

# 10 Yuss @ 06/24/16 06:40 PM
So in game are the Japanese, Korean, Australian, and Saudi Arabian leagues and I heard rumors about the Chinese league?

no reason why they can't have an AFC Champions League type tournament for Career Mode

# 11 jvalverde88 @ 06/24/16 07:09 PM
So where's the guy always asking about the J League?

# 12 Murph @ 06/24/16 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss
So in game are the Japanese, Korean, Australian, and Saudi Arabian leagues and I heard rumors about the Chinese league?

no reason why they can't have an AFC Champions League type tournament for Career Mode
On a related note, I wish EA would include MLS in their fake Copa America (Copa LatAM) tournament.

# 13 Zac @ 06/24/16 10:56 PM
Pretty pumped for this. I've been waiting for one of them do this for a while. I always figured it would be Konami though.

# 14 DC1980 @ 06/25/16 02:29 AM
SUGOI!!!!!

# 15 ShaiLeGran @ 06/25/16 09:09 AM
EA: does this mean the J League stat overlays as well? Like this years Bundesliga? They should try to do the same for the Serie A. Spanish BBVA is licensed now, so hopefully it means the same is done for it like the Premier League

# 16 Blue12 @ 06/26/16 10:15 AM
Do I see empty seats at the top right of the stadium? I don't remember seeing that in FIFA the last few years.

# 17 LionsFanNJ @ 06/26/16 11:06 AM
So...is this enough teams now for a pseudo AFC? They have a south american and UCL already. Would be cool if the Saudi, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Australian teams have a cup. That would be badass

Edit: oops no China yet, but 4 leagues should be plenty for an AFC

# 18 jrose57 @ 06/26/16 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
So where's the guy always asking about the J League?
Hi, right here brother lol...finally and words can't describe how happy I am, but now I am kinda hoping they have more asian leagues, because in career mode, you don't want to play as one of the MLS teams because they don't have any cups vs teams from other countries, so at the end of the day, i only play BPL or other teams in Europe because of the Euro league....

# 19 jrose57 @ 06/26/16 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
So...is this enough teams now for a pseudo AFC? They have a south american and UCL already. Would be cool if the Saudi, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Australian teams have a cup. That would be badass

Edit: oops no China yet, but 4 leagues should be plenty for an AFC
I think four is enough, right now we have Australia, Korea, Saudi, J-League, I wish more Asian leagues will be involved, C-league and some western asian teams will be perfect!

# 20 DirectFX @ 06/27/16 01:17 AM
Ukraine, Greece, Brazil ??? Japan far below those leagues..

Nice to see an African League to just get world feel ..

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.