Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

A lot of you have been waiting for the Madden NFL 17 team to show off the equipment upgrades this year. Today is the day! The team has added a few helmets and updated some others. They have also brought in new facemasks and updated some more. New gloves, cleats and other accessories were also added this year. Check out the list below and the full blog here.

New Helmets
  • Riddell Speed Flex
  • Schutt Vengeance
  • Rawlings Tachyon
Updated Helmets
  • Air XP
  • Rawlings NRG
  • Riddell RevoSpeed
  • Xenith
New Facemasks
  • Speed Flex 2 Bar
  • Speed Flex Robot
  • Speed Flex Robot RB
  • Speed Flex 3 Bar RB
  • Speed Flex 3 Bar LB
  • Speed Flex Fullcage
  • Vengeance 2 Bar
  • Vengeance Robot
  • Vengeance Robot RB
  • Vengeance 3 Bar RB
  • Vengeance Fullcage
  • Revospeed Cage
  • Revospeed Grid
  • Riddell 360 Robot
  • Riddell 360 Robot 2
  • Riddell 360 3 Bar LB
  • Riddell 360 Fullcage
  • Standard Halfcage 2
Updated Facemasks
  • Standard 3 Bar RB
  • Standard 3 Bar RB Single
  • Standard 3 Bar RB Jagged
  • Standard Bull RB
  • Standard Fullcage
  • Standard Fullcage 2
  • Revo 3 Bar
  • Revo 3 Bar RB
  • Revo Robot
  • Revo Robot 2
  • Revo Fullcage
  • Revo Fullcage 2
  • Revospeed Fullcage 2
  • Xenith 2 Bar
  • Xenith Robot
  • Xenith Robot RB
  • Xenith 3 Bar RB
  • Xenith Fullcage
New Gloves
  • Nike HyperBeast
  • Nike Vapor Jet
  • Nike Vapor Jet Knit
  • Nike SuperBad
  • Under Armour Swarm
  • Under Armour F5
  • Adidas 5 Star 5.0
New Cleats
  • Nike Vapor Untouchable
  • Nike Vapor Untouchable 2
  • Nike Lunar Beast
  • Nike Zoom Code Elite
  • Nike Alpha Pro 2 ¾ TD
  • Nike Vapor Carbon Elite TD
  • Under Armour Spotlight
  • Under Armour Brawler
  • Under Armour Highlight
  • Under Armour Player Exclusive
  • Player Exclusive Retro
  • Adidas Freak X Kevlar
  • Adidas AdiZero 5 Star
New Accessories
  • One-Arm Sleeves - These will be set on each player that wears this style via the default roster so the players in Madden will match their real-world counterparts; these sleeves can also be customized when editing and creating players.
  • Updated Wrist-Tape Options - Black, Team Primary Color and Team Secondary Colored Wrist-Tape
  • Updated the Ankle-Tape options and re-named them to 'Half-Spat' and 'Full-Spat'
  • All the new sleeves, gloves and shoes are set-up for color-swapping to match each team’s primary and secondary colors, as well as black and white.
12 New Gear Packages (You can also use these when creating a coach in Franchise)
  • Nike Drifit Touch Fleece Full-Zip
  • Nike Elite Coach HZ Sweatshirt
  • Nike Elite Coach Polo
  • Nike Elite Coach HZ Full-Zip Hoodie
  • Nike Elite Hybrid Jacket
  • Nike Lockdown Jacket
  • Nike NFL 'Property Of' Circuit Crew
  • Nike NFL 'Property Of' Circuit Pant
  • Nike Performance Practice Hoodie
  • Nike Modern Crew
  • Nike Hooded Sweatshirt
  • Nike Free Trainer 5V6 Shoe

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 SageInfinite @ 06/29/16 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I could be mistaken but I think "generic" was referring to the lack of actual Jordan branding, not that they don't look the same.
Exactly. Like I said in my post they're probably just generically named, not in the way they look.

# 62 Brooke2011 @ 06/29/16 09:40 PM
Under armour player exclusive must be pertaining to cam newtons cleats?

# 63 roadman @ 06/29/16 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Exactly. Like I said in my post they're probably just generically named, not in the way they look.
I think if it was worded better, it probably wouldn't cause the reactions it did, just saying.

Yes, the equipment does look very nice.

Well done.

# 64 KANE699 @ 06/29/16 09:57 PM
Quote:
I could be mistaken but I think "generic" was referring to the lack of actual Jordan branding, not that they don't look the same.

NFL doesn't allow the branding on those shoes in real life so?????

# 65 skinnybonez @ 06/29/16 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
I may not be the best person to respond, what do I know about Jordan cleats or sneakers? However, they look pretty damn close to Jordan 6's that were released for the 2014 Super Bowl (except for the blue on the side of the shoe and no gold soles). To say they look generic has to be a joke.
he has multiple colorways

# 66 jpdavis82 @ 06/29/16 10:07 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 67 bison3 @ 06/29/16 10:11 PM
Equipment looks sweet!! I've been waiting for this for years. Adds so much more realism to the look of the game. Can't wait to check it out. Still wondering where the mouth pieces are?? Why add/update all of the equipment and not add them. Most of your stars on each team have mouth pieces with the mouth guard. Most players connected with madden 17 have them. Miller, Brown, Beckham, Peterson

# 68 Cowboy008 @ 06/29/16 10:15 PM
Just wondering when generated coaches sign with a new team in CFM are we able to edit them at all?

# 69 CaliDude916 @ 06/29/16 10:18 PM
The equipment update looks fantastic. The Jordan cleats and the high top UA's look ridiculously good.

# 70 goillini03 @ 06/29/16 10:25 PM
I'm not even an equipment guy, or digging the game changes to 17, but the team did a great job on the accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 71 Crunky @ 06/29/16 11:31 PM
Props to Kane and equipment devs they really stepped their level up this year. The level of detail in the equipment is crazy I can't possibly see how the graphics can get any better.

# 72 KANE699 @ 06/29/16 11:33 PM
Quote:
Let me say that a know very little about gear and wouldn't know a Jordan 6 from a Huarache high top without close inspection, it all looks good to me, nice work. All I was saying is I thought that poster meant it's not the actual Jordan shoes in the game when saying they were "generic".

Now to your comment I'm confused, do you mean the NFL doesn't allow the "J O R D A N" on the shoe when it's worn in NFL games or you thought I was referring to some other branding on the sneaker? Also are you saying those are the Jordan 6s that got added, not a generic facsimile?
NFL doesn't allow and logos or branding on those shoes. If you look up images of those athletes you will not see any branding on their shoes.

# 73 Big Bankhead @ 06/29/16 11:39 PM
I have a pair of the Jordan cleats and they look exactly like Madden have them. Kudos to the team. I just hope that the equipment don't look pixelated and blocky during gameplay like in 15 and 16.

# 74 Ruben2424 @ 06/30/16 02:35 AM
Have they finally brought back the binky-style mouth pieces????

# 75 wallofhate @ 06/30/16 06:39 AM
Never noticed the cleats didn't have the Jordan sign until Kane stated it. It's crazy how your mind automatically puts the Jordan sign on the sneaker even though it's not. Super happy they got in and I know this is just the beginning next up are the Jordan 12 cleats and maybe the rarely worn 11's. My girl thought the video game pics were real life lol def looks good

# 76 Nature_Boy @ 06/30/16 07:44 AM

Here's a video that goes in more detail about the new equipment updates.

# 77 Brooklynbks4 @ 06/30/16 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben2424
Have they finally brought back the binky-style mouth pieces????
Stated by the developers that there face scans can't capture the mouth pieces. But maybe with the frostbite engine!!!???

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

# 78 giants665 @ 06/30/16 10:17 AM
Any word on updates to "create a player"? These are nice addition but why can't we have a custom face option

# 79 loccdogg26 @ 06/30/16 10:26 AM
All the new stuff looks pretty good. Any word if the "pink" colors will be toned down or turned off playing during October games?

# 80 roadman @ 06/30/16 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loccdogg26
All the new stuff looks pretty good. Any word if the "pink" colors will be toned down or turned off playing during October games?
No word on it, but I doubt it, just a hunch.

One suggestion a few years ago was to unplug from the net during Oct games if you don't like the pink showing up in your games.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.