Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

2K has just released another NBA 2K17 screenshot, this one featuring the 1992 Dream Team with Charles Barkley.

You can see the 2016 USA Basketball Men’s National Team with Coach K here.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 181 youvalss @ 08/10/16 08:47 PM
Not sure how I missed it in the picture, but after seeing the trailer it's clear now: they gave MJ an elbow band. This has to be the first time ever.

# 182 Culture Rot @ 08/10/16 09:24 PM
I couldn't believe this was real when I first saw it. What happened here?

# 183 MarkWilliam @ 08/10/16 10:05 PM
I understood that Jordan and co. was a bit "bare bones" when gen 4 released. Totally cool with it considering.

It's merely the fact that it's been 3 years and counting and no ground has been made. It indicates its not as important to 2K as it is to so many of us.

Clearly they have the ability.

And this year it seems they are promoting the 92 Dream Team so I was hopeful this was the year it finally caught up..... but not so much (in Jordan's case anyway).

Just curious how they all MOVE. Fingers crossed for some signature stuff.

Call me crazy, but if they put the gen 3 face on the gen 4 body I'd be happier than this god awful version haha.

# 184 daveberg @ 08/11/16 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
I understood that Jordan and co. was a bit "bare bones" when gen 4 released. Totally cool with it considering.

It's merely the fact that it's been 3 years and counting and no ground has been made. It indicates its not as important to 2K as it is to so many of us.

And this year it seems they are promoting the 92 Dream Team so I was hopeful this was the year it finally caught up..... but not so much (in Jordan's case anyway).

Call me crazy, but if they put the gen 3 face on the gen 4 body I'd be happier than this god awful version haha.
Again, spot on my friend.

I'm so disappointed with the new footage - most of the guys in the dream team I can deal with, there's even been some improvements to some of them but C'MON 2K - How are you going to KEEP giving us this watered down version of Michael Jordan???

We know what you're capable of, you had him looking right from 2k11 through to '13 - why on Earth has that changed for the worse?

As I mentioned in another post, if you got ANYONE right in this game, you'd like to think it would be The Goat. Of ALL players.

It pains me to think a 5ppg bench player in this game will receive better visuals than someone of Jordan's stature.....

C'mon 2k - we know you're good for it, give us some of that old magic from 2k11.

# 185 Culture Rot @ 08/11/16 12:05 PM
Quote:

The 'ability' and the 'will' are two different things entirely bud

# 186 sportjames23 @ 08/13/16 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Just to go against the grain a little bit here, it seems 2k's biggest problem with the classic players is they don't look as good as last gens versions, I think we can all agree on that, but I ask the ones who feel like they totally dropped the ball on the current gen classic players, would you rather what we have now or nothing at all?

I ask this because I guarantee most of us would be a lot easier on 2k if they just started this classic teams and players thing in 2k14 on current gen instead of 2k11, the main thing we would say is I am just glad its in the game and since they cant scan their faces I understand, but what keeps the conversation going is the 2k11 and 2k12 versions of the classic players that looked so good.

I guess I am just glad 2k didn't say that the classic players don't look up to par with what we had last gen so lets just scrap the whole thing and hopefully the customers will understand, because they could have gone that route.
Sad thing is, they finally got Magic right last game (both 80s and 90s Magic) and it looks like they finally got Ewing and Robinson right this year, so we know they're capable of doing better.

Hell, why didn't they just port over MJ from last gen like they did Drexler? Drexler was perfect, so they didn't mess with him, just ported him over to this gen. MJ's face was perfect last gen. They didn't have to mess with him.

# 187 daveberg @ 08/13/16 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
Sad thing is, they finally got Magic right last game (both 80s and 90s Magic) and it looks like they finally got Ewing and Robinson right this year, so we know they're capable of doing better.

Hell, why didn't they just port over MJ from last gen like they did Drexler? Drexler was perfect, so they didn't mess with him, just ported him over to this gen. MJ's face was perfect last gen. They didn't have to mess with him.
I know, right?

I can't understand the regression. This is a more powerful generation of consoles - why are the visuals going backwards?? And further more, how can they keep getting the greatest player of all time (Arguably) wrong like this? If they focused on anyone, surely it'd be Mike??

Hell, take this as an example - someone impossible to scan as he's not with us anymore, but look at EA and UFC - Their Bruce Lee is FLAWLESS.

How can 2k NOT get Jordan right???

# 188 MarkWilliam @ 08/13/16 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
I know, right?

I can't understand the regression. This is a more powerful generation of consoles - why are the visuals going backwards?? And further more, how can they keep getting the greatest player of all time (Arguably) wrong like this? If they focused on anyone, surely it'd be Mike??

Hell, take this as an example - someone impossible to scan as he's not with us anymore, but look at EA and UFC - Their Bruce Lee is FLAWLESS.

How can 2k NOT get Jordan right???
They gotta poach the EA UFC staff!

# 189 MontanaMan @ 08/14/16 01:29 AM
Quote:

I knew it wasn't that important when Jordan had inaccurate colored shoes for like the first 2 gens.

That Bruce Lee looks godly. Also the render looks current gen.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.