Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

2K has just released another NBA 2K17 screenshot, this one featuring the 1992 Dream Team with Charles Barkley.

You can see the 2016 USA Basketball Men’s National Team with Coach K here.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 23 @ 07/31/16 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Man idk, the legend's just look...off.
Every body is fat.

The guys heads are freaking huge

Look at that real life picture of Pippen, then the game..... man just reduce that yo.

Bodies are too wide again

What is it with 2k and wide bodies man

# 42 23 @ 07/31/16 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Glad they've redone Scottie, Ewing and The Admirals faces so they at least look like players that belong in the game, lol

Unfortunately these guys will never be on par with the scanned ones....I just hope their signature style is on point...
I can deal with that man... I just don't want the body models to be hulky, and they are.

I hope there is still time to fix it.

Glad they got Barkley though, so hopefully we can use him in more than this mode and edit him

# 43 Smirkin Dirk @ 07/31/16 12:22 AM
Ok who is the amateur comedian who photoshopped Christian Laettner in to the team?

# 44 VDusen04 @ 07/31/16 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Glad they got Barkley though, so hopefully we can use him in more than this mode and edit him
Ditto, though GameInformer's tidbit doesn't necessarily get things off on the right foot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameInformer
2K has informed us that while Charles Barkley is indeed included in the 1992 Dream Team deal, he will not be appearing in any other historic teams he's played on.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ce=twitterfeed

Also, what's the deal with making the Dream Team pre-order exclusive? An extra "Dream Team jersey" I understand. But the actual team itself? Lame sauce.

# 45 23 @ 07/31/16 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Ditto, though GameInformer's tidbit doesn't necessarily get things off on the right foot:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ce=twitterfeed

Also, what's the deal with making the Dream Team pre-order exclusive? An extra "Dream Team jersey" I understand. But the actual team itself? Lame sauce.
That's a REALLY weird article.

I was hoping not to have to get the pc version this year in particular but may have to if this is really the case.

# 46 MarkWilliam @ 07/31/16 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Kind of strange how much variety their is in that photo in terms of accuracy. I'm sure it's going to be tough to match a face scan, but I know they can do better than what we see with John Stockton there, particularly after seeing how incredible some of the new classic players looked last year.

I'm with you on the signature styles though. Seems like we're still trying to catch up to where we were on that front in 2K12 as well. But as long as we're heading in the right direction, I'm encouraged.
Man....... that Big Ben says it all......sorry for the fluff post but that Ben Wallace needed acknowledgment... haha

# 47 Mintsa @ 07/31/16 02:51 AM
Again.....I'd rather have this team in the game than not have them in the game.
So I won't complain or nitpick the screen shot.

Long live the classic teams!

Old school hoop heads unite !

# 48 skinnybonez @ 07/31/16 03:18 AM
I see 2k still has a problem with red colors looking pink

And where is MJs goatee?

# 49 DatIsraeliGuy @ 07/31/16 03:56 AM
Come one 2k, you got Barkley, just pay him some more and give us Inside the NBA at TNT presentation please

# 50 23 @ 07/31/16 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Fan

# 51 23 @ 07/31/16 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI

2K has just released another NBA 2K17 screenshot, this one featuring the 1992 Dream Team with Charles Barkley.

You can see the 2016 USA Basketball Men’s National Team with Coach K here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
Reference Pic:

Why my dude Larry Bird's arm so short compared to the real life pic?

His hand barley goes past his waist belt area

Also the mesh holes are the same as modern jerseys... not a big deal but it sticks out

# 52 daveberg @ 07/31/16 04:13 AM
Some huge improvements for Scottie, Larry and Ewing.

Jordan looks strange - he has a pointy chin here and no goatee. C'mon 2k, when you gonna get the GOAT right??!

Stockton looks off and why is old Malone STILL in the line up here?

Barkley is on POINT!!

Gotta admit, for the few flaws, I'm quite excited for this!

Now......LET US EDIT THEM!!!

# 53 MarkWilliam @ 07/31/16 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Why my dude Larry Bird's arm so short compared to the real life pic?

His hand barley goes past his waist belt area

Also the mesh holes are the same as modern jerseys... not a big deal but it sticks out
Clyde is almost the same height as Stockton in the 2K pic. Compared to real life pic there seems to be a discrepancy....

# 54 AirJordanFan93 @ 07/31/16 05:17 AM
So we got 1992 Larry Bird but still have 1998 Karl Malone why didn't they bother to do another Malone model.

# 55 cassette @ 07/31/16 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
2K11 Jordan still looked the best IMO. How come they did so well with it back then (without face scanning of course) but can't now? Its odd to me.....
I agree - 2K11 and 2K12 were the best - plus, they had a different-looking Jordan for all "eras". I think partially it is because of the bigger resolution (Xbox 360 vs Xbox One).

But yeah, as an old-school hoop head the legends in 2K have been a huge disappointment. It's mind-boggling how some hobbyists can create vastly superior models for these legends, and 2K keeps on pushing these weak attempts.

# 56 daveberg @ 07/31/16 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassette
I agree - 2K11 and 2K12 were the best - plus, they had a different-looking Jordan for all "eras". I think partially it is because of the bigger resolution (Xbox 360 vs Xbox One).

But yeah, as an old-school hoop head the legends in 2K have been a huge disappointment. It's mind-boggling how some hobbyists can create vastly superior models for these legends, and 2K keeps on pushing these weak attempts.
As much as I LOVE the legends and everything 2k has done for us, to be lucky enough to have them every year, it's clearly evident that they're are second fiddle to everything else 2k works on in the game.

My player, the silly story modes (My personal opinion, I know they are well liked) and all the online stuff takes precedent over everything else, which is a shame. There's so much potential to be had here.

Look at how amazing 2k11 and 2k12 were for legends - I would have thought, with the size of the disc space today, they could work heavily on the classic aspect whilst not compromising the other game modes that everyone else enjoys.

With all that said, I would rather have the legends, albeit not polished, than have none at all.

At least they've been SOME improvements....

# 57 MarkWilliam @ 07/31/16 07:06 AM
I just remember using MJ in 2K11 against the Celtics and he was gunning his signature stutter steps, shooting form and finishes at the basket. Then taking it up to '98 Jordan and working the post, fade aways etc. His signature dribble stuff changed, stroke etc. It was amazing.

Then 2K12 happened and the legends expanded more so....and as a fan I was very, very excited.

I'd just love it if (5 years later) that'd been built on. Magic's signature no looks in transition, Shaq drop step and facial etc. etc. If the legends felt more like themselves I'd use them (and currently I don't touch them at all).

Obviously early to say, but one can only hope the 92 Dream Team aren't just the (attempted) faces with jerseys.

These days it just feels like the legends are stuffed into the game and then its more about "removing online cheese"......

# 58 Cookie Puss @ 07/31/16 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Michael Rapaport the best he's looked in years in 2K.
Fixed, because nobody has ever made a descent Larry Bird.

Edit: Guess I should read the thread before replying. Just glad someone else on this forum does not need to head to Lenscrafters tomorrow.

# 59 tril @ 07/31/16 08:32 AM
some look great. others not so much. I think the graphic artists have trouble doing smiles showing teeth.

# 60 tmac747 @ 07/31/16 08:34 AM
Karl Malone needs to be re-created for the look he really represented at the time. Stockton looks like a little boy ready to go play at the playground. Jordan looks like he has snuff ( for those of you not familiar...it is a tobacco product) stuck under his lower lip area.There is no way that "thing" that 2k created looks anything like larry bird...I mean really?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.