Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

MoonlightSwami has posted another Madden NFL 17 video. This one goes over the practice squad, including tips and a tutorial.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 DeuceDouglas @ 08/12/16 07:35 PM
Man, that Big Decision menu looks horrible.

Disappointed with how they combined the news feed with the twitter feed. The old news feed was pretty nice and would have been much better in place of the gigantic Week 4 text and the unnecessary countdown.

Interested to see how the whole practice squad thing works out. Kind of odd the Bears would already have their fourth round pick on there before they've played their final game. I also wonder for the teams that had a bunch of guys already if they'll take them off for better players after final cuts which should consist of better players or if they'd just voluntarily let good players go into the FA pool. It will also be interesting to see how they handle promotions and signing random FA's as well. Typically as soon as a season starts they'll start cutting their own players and replacing them with high rated players off the FA list so I wonder if that'll be common place during the season as well or if they'll put higher priority on the PS guys.

# 2 Cowboy008 @ 08/12/16 08:30 PM
Definitely going to be keeping that practice squad stealing setting on since it adds more to CFM. I agree that the Big Decision menu looks bad.

# 3 mestevo @ 08/12/16 08:44 PM
I really like both the big decision UI and the twitter and news feed bubbled back up to the home screen of the franchise. Really nice addition that will make the season feel more alive without digging for it like last year.

# 4 CM Hooe @ 08/12/16 09:16 PM
Yeah, count me in as a fan of the new Big Decision UI. It presents more relevant and actionable information faster, and it's not just a giant mind-numbing roster spreadsheet.

I understand the aversion to it if you're not a fan of the tile paradigm for UI design, though.

# 5 TheBleedingRed21 @ 08/12/16 09:21 PM
Yeah, I personally love the new big decision UI, don't get how it could look horrible but we all have difference of opinions.

# 6 Step2001 @ 08/13/16 01:06 AM
When a team is going to sign a player off your practice squad, You should be given notification and chance to place player on your own active roster. That's the way it is in the NFL!

Overall, it's a Great addition. Can't thank Rex and his Crew enough.

The practice squad is something I've wanted for a long long time. Playing Madden 16, I wished I had the practice squad available for some of the young players I wanted to keep.

Will help at the end of the season when the Street FA are picked over.

Practice Squad Player AWR need to be better for team, when it comes to his ability to be able to step right in and contribute (knowledge of playbook). To where a street FA or Player trade should need some time to adjust and acclimate himself with the teams playbook. Just can't just walk in and start and not miss a beat.

Injuries need to be fixed. More injuries like hamstring pulls, high ankle sprains and nagging injuries need to be added..........

# 7 Mattanite @ 08/13/16 06:54 AM
Yeah that chunky menu for cutting players doesn't feel great with big player cards side by side. It looks like comparing players before cutting them will be tough. Thankfully it looks like there is a quick button for expanding the player attributes. I was hoping for a list of PS eligible players to toggle instead of going through one by one seeing who is eligible or not...

Anyone else notice that most team's practice squads are not even half full? Seems like that CPU teams don't sign enough FAs that are practice squad eligible or they don't sign FAs direct to practice squad. If true, it means 32team control will be needed even MORE this year and they should really patch CPU FA logic, if there are bigger draft classes coming in, it means more players are UDFA and they need to be signed off FA to the PS!!

# 8 Cowboy008 @ 08/13/16 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
Yeah that chunky menu for cutting players doesn't feel great with big player cards side by side. It looks like comparing players before cutting them will be tough. Thankfully it looks like there is a quick button for expanding the player attributes. I was hoping for a list of PS eligible players to toggle instead of going through one by one seeing who is eligible or not...

Anyone else notice that most team's practice squads are not even half full? Seems like that CPU teams don't sign enough FAs that are practice squad eligible or they don't sign FAs direct to practice squad. If true, it means 32team control will be needed even MORE this year and they should really patch CPU FA logic, if there are bigger draft classes coming in, it means more players are UDFA and they need to be signed off FA to the PS!!
It could be like that because he's still on week 4 of the preseason. Maybe when he advances to the regular season all the teams will have made their cuts and moved players to the practice squad.

# 9 Mattanite @ 08/13/16 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
It could be like that because he's still on week 4 of the preseason. Maybe when he advances to the regular season all the teams will have made their cuts and moved players to the practice squad.
Very good point, we'll have to wait for it to launch and test. I'll be playing around with progression and certain functions again and writing it up on here again.

# 10 oneamongthefence @ 08/13/16 09:09 AM
There needs to be a period before the season starts to sign undrafted free agents.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk

# 11 DeuceDouglas @ 08/13/16 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
Yeah that chunky menu for cutting players doesn't feel great with big player cards side by side. It looks like comparing players before cutting them will be tough.

This was my biggest issue. It's overly large and cumbersome. The three attributes don't provide much (if any) help in comparing most players making it more difficult and time consuming than it needs to be. Every roster cut suggestion being "we have plenty of depth at this position" looks bad and makes it seem pointless. The fact that they're so in your face with player potential is something I also really don't like. Cutting players from View Roster looks like it will work better but is still pretty clunky and slow. I thought M12's cut menu was great. Quick and intuitive and with player cards back it would have made it even better and easier which is something I value and I'd rather see, especially when it comes to a 32-team CFM and making cuts for every team.

# 12 spoofrice11 @ 08/15/16 02:15 PM
What is with all the silhouetted players?
I thought rookies had the cartoon images instead of nothing for their pics.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.