Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

MoonlightSwami has posted another Madden NFL 17 video. This one featuring the new scouting system, along with draft class tips.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 NewscasterNews4 @ 08/13/16 04:38 PM
While I won't be using the scouting feature because I'll be editing the rookies for real life draft classes, it is nice to see they made it a bit harder and the gem system has changed. However, it does seem way too easy to find the undrafted free agent gems considering you can see their development before you even sign them.

I also like that they aren't using real life portraits and moving back to the NCAA style portrait, it would be very annoying to see duplicate pictures.

# 2 redsfan4life @ 08/13/16 05:06 PM
Finally more variety in the portraits! Looks excellent from what I saw.

# 3 Datninja619 @ 08/13/16 05:07 PM
But will there be more 3-4 DEs? I like running a 3-4 and it was almost impossible finding 3-4 ends. Ended up changing positions for DTs or OLBs.

It would have been nice to see an actual scouting report of a players strengths and weaknesses. Maybe next year.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

# 4 redsfan4life @ 08/13/16 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
But will there be more 3-4 DEs? I like running a 3-4 and it was almost impossible finding 3-4 ends. Ended up changing positions for DTs or OLBs.

It would have been nice to see an actual scouting report of a players strengths and weaknesses. Maybe next year.

At least you'll have the option to edit some this year.

# 5 Datninja619 @ 08/13/16 05:14 PM
Good point!

# 6 SolidSquid @ 08/13/16 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619

I don't really worry about what a players scheme/play style is. If they can do what I need them to do I draft them.

# 7 Mike Lowe @ 08/13/16 05:25 PM
Anyone else notice: 6'3" WRs ha

It seems weird that you're able to see a UDFA's development rating before signing him. Could create some craziness post-draft in an online CFM.

# 8 Godgers12 @ 08/13/16 05:30 PM
So are there going to be Randy Moss type WR's, who have good spd AND acc? Also, are fast safties and HBs a thing?

# 9 redsfan4life @ 08/13/16 05:41 PM
Are the 95 spd 80 str CB's gone? Always hate seeing those guys.

# 10 Cowboy008 @ 08/13/16 06:51 PM
Really enjoyed that video. I'm happy with the changes they made to scouting.

# 11 BleedGreen710 @ 08/13/16 07:19 PM
something to keep in mind is the new dynamic player development rating they have this year. the development rating changes depending how the player performs each season. so yeah that 64 OVR undrafted free agent might have super star dev but if he doesn't perform like a superstar his development will go down. thats my understanding of how it works this year. so I don't think its that much of a concern that you can view the development rating.

# 12 solmon @ 08/13/16 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
something to keep in mind is the new dynamic player development rating they have this year. the development rating changes depending how the player performs each season. so yeah that 64 OVR undrafted free agent might have super star dev but if he doesn't perform like a superstar his development will go down. thats my understanding of how it works this year. so I don't think its that much of a concern that you can view the development rating.
It changes more than each season I think

# 13 zacification1 @ 08/13/16 08:25 PM
This comes as bittersweet news to someone who plans on overhauling the Chargers. Bitter in the fact that I need to draft at practically every position, so I need to scout as much as possible. Sweet in that drafting won't be as easy as it was last year. [Another cheap plug] My arena has one of my classes, I got the #1 overall player 4 picks from Mr. Irrelevant, and other top 10 talents in the 3rd/4th round, which excites me in the fact that drafting won't be so elementary this year. I just have a feeling overall that drafting will be vastly improved from last year's rendition, only further exciting me for this year's game.

# 14 SyncereBlackout @ 08/13/16 09:31 PM
It's definitely a step in the right direction, but uncomfortably easy to find "good" players.

I'm really excited to see how inaccurate some ratings turn out to be

# 15 Yukon46 @ 08/14/16 01:33 PM
Couple of things I did not like in this video......

2 LT's listed as 1st round picks, Top 5 on the list.
Both listed as being from Pittsburgh.....the same college.
(I dont think this would even happen in the best case scenario, other positions maybe... but not both being LT's)

In the draft, he selected a WR with the 17th pick of the 1st round.
Said his OVR rating was a 78.... then it said he "reached" because the player is the 47th ranked (Ovr) !
(46 rookie players are rated 78 or higher ? .... please say this is not so !!)

Not so much worried about the College thing, could just be a freak anomaly.

But that ratings thing.... I just hope this is before tuning or something.

# 16 SolidSquid @ 08/14/16 01:38 PM
I feel like undrafted rookies ratings shouldn't be concrete but a range. Kinda dumb just going into FA and looking at who has superstar development

# 17 Sheba2011 @ 08/14/16 04:41 PM
The best thing I saw in this video was the new rookie faces. Hopefully there is much greater variety so after 10 years half the QB's don't all look exactly the same.

# 18 redsfan4life @ 08/14/16 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
The best thing I saw in this video was the new rookie faces. Hopefully there is much greater variety so after 10 years half the QB's don't all look exactly the same.
I'm with you man. It will be nice if 4/5 Offensive Lineman don't look like a spitting image of Stone Cold.

# 19 oneamongthefence @ 08/14/16 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
Couple of things I did not like in this video......

2 LT's listed as 1st round picks, Top 5 on the list.
Both listed as being from Pittsburgh.....the same college.
(I dont think this would even happen in the best case scenario, other positions maybe... but not both being LT's)

In the draft, he selected a WR with the 17th pick of the 1st round.
Said his OVR rating was a 78.... then it said he "reached" because the player is the 47th ranked (Ovr) !
(46 rookie players are rated 78 or higher ? .... please say this is not so !!)

Not so much worried about the College thing, could just be a freak anomaly.

But that ratings thing.... I just hope this is before tuning or something.
This has been an issue for years in Madden. Doesn't really affect anything but it's just annoying to see.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk

# 20 Sheba2011 @ 08/14/16 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
I'm with you man. It will be nice if 4/5 Offensive Lineman don't look like a spitting image of Stone Cold.
The worst was when my 6'2 210 QB would get that Stone Cold lineman face and then in game he has long hair down to the numbers. Completely killed the realism.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.