Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

2K today released a new trailer highlighting the all-new NBA 2K17 MyCAREER storyline. As previously announced, players will be able to play alongside Michael B. Jordan’s character Justice Young, a rising NBA star that teams up with your MyPlayer in the path to NBA stardom. NBA 2K17’s MyCAREER experience has been completely revamped to include enhanced player creation, more dynamic interactivity, new authentic endorsement system and a new off-court AI system.

Watch the trailer here and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 extremeskins04 @ 09/07/16 11:02 AM
Awesome. I almost don't want to look at it cause of spoilers.

# 2 MontanaMan @ 09/07/16 11:04 AM
They have new voices, thats cool.

# 3 The 24th Letter @ 09/07/16 11:06 AM
Michael B Jordan out here lookin better than Michael J Jordan.....

# 4 knick9 @ 09/07/16 11:06 AM
Looks so corny like usual. Let players have different personalities.

# 5 jb12780 @ 09/07/16 11:10 AM
Meet the next star of the Knicks:

I hope the face scan app works.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

# 6 MBhoops @ 09/07/16 11:10 AM
So... white players still look like car crash victims. Good to know.

Cringed all the way through that trailer to be honest. I hope it's not as cheesy as it looked.

# 7 extremeskins04 @ 09/07/16 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
Looks so corny like usual. Let players have different personalities.
How do you know they don't have different personalities?

# 8 Hustle Westbrook @ 09/07/16 11:11 AM
Cool, but if they were gonna do the duo thing it would have been better if we could have created a 2nd MyPlayer ourselves.

# 9 Ray Vibes @ 09/07/16 11:12 AM
🔥🔥🔥🔥🌧☂👍🔥🔥🔥🔥

# 10 stlpimpmonsta @ 09/07/16 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Cool, but if they were gonna do the duo thing it would have been better if we could have created a 2nd MyPlayer ourselves.

Or do what WWE 2k16 did and have a friends player show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 11 extremeskins04 @ 09/07/16 11:13 AM
Do people not understand that they didn't bother to actually take the time to create a player face? They just made a basic face for the trailer. Also, we're going to scan our own faces so why does it matter?

Like people are complaining just to complain. It's not even constructive criticism anymore.

# 12 michaelhawj @ 09/07/16 11:14 AM
cool trailer but i don't play that mode because i only play My GM/League for most of times

# 13 trekfan @ 09/07/16 11:15 AM
Hmm. Seems like we'll have a reporter who asks us questions (and dogs us perhaps ... our own personal Skip Bayless?) that may lead us into some interesting situations.

Agent's there of course, always a source of problems.

And the return of scripted cutscenes, but no real sense of "choose your destiny" as the trailer proclaims. Would have liked to seen an example of the branching storyline, with different cutscenes.

Overall, little was gleamed from this.

# 14 lvnba @ 09/07/16 11:18 AM
Looks the same with a different storyline.

# 15 El_Poopador @ 09/07/16 11:19 AM
That awful nickname still makes me cringe. No, no this is not the president of basketball. This is a basketball player.

And they couldn't pick a better name for the duo than Orange Juice?

I like that it will be more focused on basketball this time around, but they really need to stop with some of these awful identities they're forcing us into.

# 16 MBhoops @ 09/07/16 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Do people not understand that they didn't bother to actually take the time to create a player face? They just made a basic face for the trailer. Also, we're going to scan our own faces so why does it matter?

Like people are complaining just to complain. It's not even constructive criticism anymore.
1. Why do you assume everyone will scan their own faces?

2. Why would they not bother to take the time to create a better character for a trailer that advertises their most popular mode?

# 17 Nine.Six.Melo @ 09/07/16 11:19 AM
Well that was underwhelming

# 18 MBhoops @ 09/07/16 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
That awful nickname still makes me cringe. No, no this is not the president of basketball. This is a basketball player.

I like that it will be more focused on basketball this time around, but they really need to stop with some of these awful identities they're forcing us into.
Whoever comes up with the names has to be trolling. I'm convinced. Orange juice? Wtf is that?

Are we forming a big 3 with Mayo later down the road or something?

# 19 Wolf Ticket @ 09/07/16 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador

Heard you get a few choices for what your duo's nickname will be, might be the same for your own individual nickname too.

# 20 El_Tercero @ 09/07/16 11:23 AM
Didn't even feel like a 2K trailer. It felt like a movie trailer similar to Just Wright with rapper Common playing in the NBA. I knew Michael B Jordan would be in the game. But in the NBA and on an actual team really? I guess that commercial with him playing as Kobe in the fake movie has come to reality. But for 2K instead.

BUT Ima still buy the game though! I still have high hopes!!!

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.