Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

2K today released a new trailer highlighting the all-new NBA 2K17 MyCAREER storyline. As previously announced, players will be able to play alongside Michael B. Jordan’s character Justice Young, a rising NBA star that teams up with your MyPlayer in the path to NBA stardom. NBA 2K17’s MyCAREER experience has been completely revamped to include enhanced player creation, more dynamic interactivity, new authentic endorsement system and a new off-court AI system.

Watch the trailer here and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 LWest1622 @ 09/07/16 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Hmm. Seems like we'll have a reporter who asks us questions (and dogs us perhaps ... our own personal Skip Bayless?) that may lead us into some interesting situations.

Agent's there of course, always a source of problems.

And the return of scripted cutscenes, but no real sense of "choose your destiny" as the trailer proclaims. Would have liked to seen an example of the branching storyline, with different cutscenes.

Overall, little was gleamed from this.

I think the cutscenes will be based on your reactions to questions etc although that cutscene we saw about the shoes will probably be for everyone since you choose that right away this year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 42 MBhoops @ 09/07/16 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopsin
The trailer wasn't even bad.. You guys complain about nothing lol.
Also to the guys saying white characters look like mutants.. Just face scan problem solved tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What if you're not white but want to make a white character?

# 43 RandomPerson @ 09/07/16 12:05 PM

# 44 coachcolbert @ 09/07/16 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
I give it to 2k...im sure its hard as hell balancing the wants and needs for casual and sim heads. While I might not care for the cheesy story i'm sure there are 100 kids that are excited about it, but some people forget that.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
agreed sir! 2k has got us ol heads wrapped up already. its all about that next generation of gamers right now lol. there are of ton of kids that play mycareer and are probably not allowed to go online ( some parents watch these things lol). they say mycareer is their most played mode by far so i can see why they continue with the storyline...funny part is, back in the day we used to ask for modes EXACTLY like what mycareer is now, and now that we have it - we want it another way lol

# 45 Insight23 @ 09/07/16 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
I give it to 2k...im sure its hard as hell balancing the wants and needs for casual and sim heads. While I might not care for the cheesy story i'm sure there are 100 kids that are excited about it, but some people forget that.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Good post here.

# 46 coachcolbert @ 09/07/16 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBhoops
im black, my 2nd profile i made a white dude and he didnt look like a mutant at all - just gotta take the time to find the right facial features and edit them accordingly. at least that was my experience

# 47 Hopsin @ 09/07/16 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBhoops

Gotta deal with the crappy CAP then..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 48 extremeskins04 @ 09/07/16 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcolbert
im black, my 2nd profile i made a white dude and he didnt look like a mutant at all - just gotta take the time to find the right facial features and edit them accordingly. at least that was my experience
Exactly. This guy gets it ^.

# 49 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 09/07/16 12:13 PM
Can't wait to scan my face tommorrow and start mycareer friday.

# 50 scottyp180 @ 09/07/16 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
Good luck creating a white guy that doesn't look like that sleep deprived drunk looking mutant.
My "my player" came out pretty good last year. There were some facial features that could have adjusted further and I wish we had better options for hair and facial hair but my player definitely resembled me.

I also didn't think he stood out on the court as an obvious CAP. I mean if I looked closely and compared him to authentic nba players I could noticed a difference but I didn't see it as a glaring issue.

I hope, and assume, this will be similar to last year where the story aspect of the mode only lasted a couple seasons. The story was easily my least favorite part of the mode. I appreciate the effort of incorporating a story mode into a sports game but when it's suppose to be "my" story and there are things out of my control that don't reflect me it just doesn't feel right.

I'd much prefer a story mode where we can choose a certain player from the league or history of the league and play through their journey. Like if we could play as Kobe and go from his rookie season to his retirement. Obviously not playing every single game in his career but some highlights from his career. It could be similar to the Jordan mode in 2k11 just with more story elements and maybe even the option to alter history. So for example if we are playing as Kobe maybe we demand a trade at some point, decide to sign else where, or encourage the front office to sign or trade for certain players that Kobe never played with.

I'm just not crazy about the mode being "my career" but the story has a ton of linear elements that removes our own personality from the story and our my player.

# 51 eko718 @ 09/07/16 12:16 PM
Nothing we haven't seen.

# 52 twebb5896 @ 09/07/16 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
Good luck creating a white guy that doesn't look like that sleep deprived drunk looking mutant.
Unless you're uglier than the guy you just described can't you just scan your face?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

# 53 scottyp180 @ 09/07/16 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Do people not understand that they didn't bother to actually take the time to create a player face? They just made a basic face for the trailer. Also, we're going to scan our own faces so why does it matter?

Like people are complaining just to complain. It's not even constructive criticism anymore.
Sorry if I derail the thread but this is something that's been bothering me on this site. Nothing wrong with complaints and criticism but I feel like people are focusing on the negatives of the game and ignoring the positives. Its like 2k can do 7 out of 10 things right but people will harp on those 3 things done incorrect instead of being happy about the 7 things 2k got right. At the end of the day it's a videogame, it's not going to be perfect. Criticism will make the game and series better in the long run but let's not down play the effort the team puts into the game year in and year out. At least we aren't in a situation like the dark days of madden where each release was hardly an improvement from the year before. Things could be better yes but things could also be far worse.

# 54 soamazen23 @ 09/07/16 12:21 PM
This looks flat out cheesy.. Where is the individuality. The reason why i stopped playing this mode was because of the fact that the story line effects actual gameplay. Your gonna have that one game that you come down from a deficit. Your gonna have that one game where you make a buzzer beater. I just want to play basketball. Let the results speak for themselves. Im not trying to see a basketball movie. I wanna play a basketball video game.

# 55 extremeskins04 @ 09/07/16 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soamazen23
This looks flat out cheesy.. Where is the individuality. The reason why i stopped playing this mode was because of the fact that the story line effects actual gameplay. Your gonna have that one game that you come down from a deficit. Your gonna have that one game where you make a buzzer beater. I just want to play basketball. Let the results speak for themselves. Im not trying to see a basketball movie. I wanna play a basketball video game.
I hear ya but there are those that like the cut scenes, the storylines, the choices along WITH the basketball. I enjoy it all.

# 56 RipCityAndy @ 09/07/16 12:28 PM
Ha... he looks almost 100% like my player in 2k16.

# 57 Goffs @ 09/07/16 12:30 PM
I'm OK with the cheesy stuff just as long I can skip it.

# 58 TrueHoliday @ 09/07/16 12:32 PM
Can't wait to play on rookie casual to stat pad and unlock everything for pro am asap.

# 59 RipCityAndy @ 09/07/16 12:33 PM
OK.... I've watched it a couple times. I thought maybe I missed something the first time, but I've com to the conclusion that this trailer is simply underwhelming.

# 60 RipCityAndy @ 09/07/16 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
OK.... I've watched it a couple times. I thought maybe I missed something the first time, but I've com to the conclusion that this trailer is simply underwhelming.
(edit) come*

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.