Home
NASCAR Heat Evolution News Post

NASCAR Heat Evolution is available now for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Get in a few laps and post your impressions!

Game: NASCAR Heat EvolutionReader Score: 4.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
Member Comments
# 121 dubcity @ 09/24/16 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
This game is not worth more than $20.00 in my opinion. There are better titles out for less.

If you want a better simulation racer, check out Project Cars or Assetto Corsa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You'll probably be able to buy it again for not much more than that price in the not too distant future, so it might be a wise choice.

My question is how long are they going to be working on fixing this game before they start focusing on next one. I would like a NASCAR game for my PS4, but not if it's going to be a glorified beta/placeholder.

# 122 Turbojugend @ 09/24/16 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
My question is how long are they going to be working on fixing this game before they start focusing on next one. I would like a NASCAR game for my PS4, but not if it's going to be a glorified beta/placeholder.
As it stands right now, NASCAR 15: Victory Edition is a much better game than this. That's not hyperbole, it's my honest opinion.

And it's 1/6 the price.

# 123 JeremyB @ 09/24/16 09:17 PM
I did get it today

I'm having a heck of a time unlocking tracks to move on. Some I'm great on and others I only have the first speed rating when I need three. Any tips

# 124 Turbojugend @ 09/24/16 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyB
I'm having a heck of a time unlocking tracks to move on. Some I'm great on and others I only have the first speed rating when I need three. Any tips
Increase the race length to at least 25%. Race a few races at Bristol and you'll have everything unlocked in no time.

# 125 JeremyB @ 09/25/16 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Increase the race length to at least 25%. Race a few races at Bristol and you'll have everything unlocked in no time.
Cheers, I just found your post saying that but forgot to thank you before I fell asleep.

Thanks again

# 126 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/25/16 05:15 PM
I wanted to give myself a good amount of time with the game before I posted anything. I'm not a NASCAR fan, so I'm coming from a casual perspective. The single player portion of the game just feels very bare bones. Nothing about going from race to race is interesting and there's no depth there whatsoever. Because of this, I didn't mess around with this aspect of the game too much, to be honest.

As far as online goes, there's some fun to be had there. Racing with 20-40 people often provided me with some wild and hilarious races. That being said, it's almost too over the top for me. Even in races that are hosted by a user, there are no penalties for blatantly ramming people off the road, driving backward or just generally being a fool. I don't know how the NASCAR rules work, but I'm pretty sure this type of thing isn't generally accepted. It almost feels like I'm racing in GTA. While that's fine in that game, I expected something a bit better here.

I had some good times with this, but I'm going to send this back to Gamefly. I don't see myself putting anymore time into it at this point. I've also put a much better game (F1 2016) on the shelf for a bit while I played this. My time would be better spent with that.

# 127 StoneCalf @ 09/25/16 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
The single player portion of the game just feels very bare bones. Nothing about going from race to race is interesting and there's no depth there whatsoever. Because of this, I didn't mess around with this aspect of the game too much, to be honest.
I agree, the career mode is extremely basic. It seems like the goal was for them to get a functioning game, at whatever state they could, by a certain deadline.

# 128 Turbojugend @ 09/25/16 08:31 PM
I've really been wanting to play a NASCAR game, so I played HE for awhile yesterday morning. I won't rehash what I've already griped about, but I eventually ended up turning off my PS4 and playing Victory Edition on my PS3. Competent spotters, custom paint schemes, detailed pit stops, wreck replays, saved track setups, and most importantly, a somewhat adequate A.I. I realize A.I. was never a strong suit of the ETX games but it's loads better than HE's catch-up shenanigans.

It's kinda sad that I've gone back to a last-gen game to get my NASCAR fix, especially after dropping $60 on this. NASCAR:HE is a current-gen game produced in 2016, yet the big screens don't even work at Charlotte and Texas. I'll keep this game because I have faith that it will improve, but the more I see that's missing, the more I wonder if they'll ever catch up.

# 129 dubcity @ 09/27/16 06:37 PM
Quote:
As it stands right now, NASCAR 15: Victory Edition is a much better game than this. That's not hyperbole, it's my honest opinion.

And it's 1/6 the price.
NASCAR 15 is definitely more worth its current price than Heat Evolution, not that that is necessarily saying a lot. It sucks that a budget game with stability issues is even on par with a brand new full priced game. A NASCAR game deserves more time and investment from a major dev.

# 130 Ejfalcon9 @ 09/28/16 03:40 PM
I want a sim Nascar game so bad, but I'm seeing only bad reviews. I was really optimistic since Heat Evo comes from the same devs that made Nascar: Dirt to Daytona, a game that still gets play to this day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 131 Turbojugend @ 09/28/16 08:02 PM
Confirmed: Normal physics = autobraking. Jump to 1:39 here for confirmation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A60QzOpQ92E

There's no way to turn this off short of enabling Sim physics, which also happens to enable the sensation of ice skating with oven mitts on your feet.

# 132 brandon27 @ 09/28/16 09:43 PM
Quote:
Confirmed: Normal physics = autobraking. Jump to 1:39 here for confirmation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A60QzOpQ92E

There's no way to turn this off short of enabling Sim physics, which also happens to enable the sensation of ice skating with oven mitts on your feet.
i had previously mentioned that I thought that was the case. Especially when I was finger down on the gas driving around vegas, yet I was constantly slowing down and staying in my groove.

For the price, it's far off of where it should be. It's a racing game. If you aren't going to give the player control over traction control, stability control, ABS and autobraking... what are you really doing?!

It's a foundation that can provide some positive experiences playing it, and provide a positive foundation to build on, but I can't help but feel this game was released due to a deadline of some sort. It feels rushed, and it shows. It's a shame the most popular form of motorsports in North America can't get a good game built for itself. It's one of my biggest regret purchases in gaming at this point. Hopefully it improves.

# 133 Turbojugend @ 09/28/16 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
It's a racing game. If you aren't going to give the player control over traction control, stability control, ABS and autobraking... what are you really doing?!
Exactly. Here's the thing: I'm a huge sim guy, I play FIFA and PES on full manual and I usually play my NASCAR games with as few assists as possible. With HE it's all or nothing, either you're automatically hand held through every lap or you have to deal with their extremely unpolished "Sim" controls. If Sim is what a real stock car feels like, it's a wonder anyone would ever want to race one of these things in the first place.

It's obvious that Normal (read: Casual) physics got the lion's share of attention in development. For an arcade racer, hey, Normal feels pretty damned good. On the other side, it seems like they added Sim physics almost as an afterthought, which is why the vast majority of their pre-release videos were on Normal. It's almost like they're saying "Here's Sim if you want it, but we really don't recommend it." Check out DMi's YouTube channel, their own dudes can barely get through a Sim lap without wrecking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
It's a foundation that can provide some positive experiences playing it, and provide a positive foundation to build on, but I can't help but feel this game was released due to a deadline of some sort. It feels rushed, and it shows. It's a shame the most popular form of motorsports in North America can't get a good game built for itself. It's one of my biggest regret purchases in gaming at this point. Hopefully it improves.
Again, totally agreed. I usually don't regret gaming purchases and I still don't totally regret this, but I do feel a bit misguided at this point. I'm sure DMi had the best of intentions but it just didn't work out. I still can't believe I'm seeing simple features that were present in PS2 NASCAR games and wondering why they aren't in HE.

# 134 JMD @ 09/29/16 06:51 AM
After reading all the impressions here I'm going to pass on this game, For now I'll continue to get mt Nascar fix from Project Cars using the Ford Fusion and Caper Monterey stock cars and all the short tracks. It's edge of your seat racing.

# 135 Richzilla @ 09/29/16 08:20 PM
I'm holding off for the 19.99 price point.

# 136 dubcity @ 10/01/16 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richzilla
I'm holding off for the 19.99 price point.
Might be waiting a long time for that. The attempts to cash in via overpriced DLC right from the get-go doesn't say much for DMI's willingness to drop the price significantly. I'd say $40 by Dec is more likely, but I'm not even sure about that.

# 137 goillini03 @ 10/03/16 02:36 PM
The $20 price point is where I am at as well. It does not help that I know F1 will take a price cut around thanksgiving, which is the next racer in my list.

# 138 Richzilla @ 10/03/16 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
The $20 price point is where I am at as well. It does not help that I know F1 will take a price cut around thanksgiving, which is the next racer in my list.
F1 is a solid game. I would and did gladly pay full price for it.

I predict Nascar is a 19 dollar black Friday deal.

# 139 BurghFan @ 10/03/16 11:25 PM
Though I have enjoyed the racing for the most part, the presentation is sorely lacking.

There seems to be very few options as far as adjusting driver assists.
I'm not even sure if I'm running on arcade or sim as I am using "Normal" difficulty setting in my career. To that end, I was very disappointed that they got rid of the incremental difficulty settings in career though they seem to be available (to an extent) in race now. The available race lengths are also limited. In the past I had always raced 20% races as I found this to be a good length, neither too long nor too short, but 20% isn't an option in this game so I have to pick 25% or 13% The customization options just see so limited compared to what we had in the past few games

In race, unless I'm missing something, qualifying has been the old 2 lap format for every race I've run. There wasn't even a Daytona duel for the 500.

The HUD is also lacking. I am disappointed that there is no track map. There isn't even an option to toggle what is on the HUD. In fact, there are no in race options period as the only pause menu options are resume, restart, and exit. Though I like the new toggle-able HUD windows for race and car info, the fact that the lap number isn't a permanent part of the HUD is rather annoying. Also, it doesn't appear to tell you what pit road speed is when trying to pit (though that may just be because I have flags turned off) so I have no idea what pit road speed is when I'm trying to slow down to enter them.

Finally, once the race ends, you can't even review the results at your own leisure as it just scrolls through them automatically without letting you have any control of it.

# 140 LSX @ 10/04/16 12:47 AM
Agreed with everyone else who says this game is bare bones, lacking even the most basic features, and feels rushed/unpolished. That being said, I feel that it's a great foundation going forward. The Eutechnyx guys had several years to get it right and failed miserably. At least this game is functional from a racing standpoint.

I haven't touched career mode and have barely even raced single player, but I'm really impressed with the AI. Surprisingly, I've spent most of my time racing online. It's actually not too difficult to find a hosted lobby with 10-15 other guys who don't race like jackoffs. I've had a lot of fun with it so far.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.