Home
FIFA 17 News Post

The FIFA 17 demo is available now. Queue it up from the links below, or search for them on your console:Check out the full details below.

GAME OPTIONS
For the first time ever in FIFA, live your story on and off the pitch as the Premier League’s next rising star, Alex Hunter. You'll have the opportunity to play a select experience in The Journey which will be limited to playing as one of the world's top clubs Manchester United.

Kick-Off

Own Every Moment in FIFA 17 gameplay to experience complete innovation in the way players think and move, physically interact with opponents, and execute in attack to put you in complete control of every moment on the pitch.

Skill Games

As the Kick-Off matches are loading, play brand new Skill Games that are included in the FIFA 17 Demo. You'll be able to enjoy 4 Single Player Skill Games and 3 of the brand new Multiplayer Skill Games that will be available in FIFA 17.

PLAY AS WORLD CLASS CLUBS
12 clubs included that you'll be able to play as in Kick-Off.
  • Manchester United
  • Manchester City
  • Chelsea
  • Real Madrid
  • Juventus
  • Inter
  • Paris Saint-Germain
  • Olympique Lyonnais
  • Seattle Sounders
  • Bayern München
  • Tigres U.A.N.L. (MX)
  • Gamba Osaka
3 authentic stadiums available to play in Kick-Off.
  • CenturyLink
  • Stamford Bridge
  • Suita City Football Stadium

Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 therizing02 @ 09/13/16 05:59 PM
**yaaaawwwwnnnn**

More of the same. Game speed is good and ball physics are improved. But 90-95% passing from the CPU, fouls are pretty much unchanged, entirely too much space and not enough pressure. Your CPU teammates are useless. If they've made the brain dead decision to eliminate sliders this will be the first FIFA game I won't purchase since FIFA 07.

# 82 Tomba @ 09/13/16 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
**yaaaawwwwnnnn**

More of the same. Game speed is good and ball physics are improved. But 90-95% passing from the CPU, fouls are pretty much unchanged, entirely too much space and not enough pressure. Your CPU teammates are useless. If they've made the brain dead decision to eliminate sliders this will be the first FIFA game I won't purchase since FIFA 07.
that is true if sliders are out?

thats a problem

# 83 Ettnollbajen @ 09/13/16 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
that is true if sliders are out?

thats a problem
Sliders doesn't fix everything,even though my FIFA 16 plays very good with the latest sliders,it's still around 90% in passing for the CPU,which is a big issue.

# 84 GR5Noles @ 09/13/16 06:38 PM
anybody else having trouble finding the demo on PS4?

# 85 KG @ 09/13/16 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flo182
Still better to have bad sliders than none at all.

If you dont want sliders then just don't touch them? Online they dont matter.
But why should it be good to remove them from offline gameplay?

Restrictions in terms of playing are never good. Customization wins when it comes to singleplayer games.

And yes, the sliders weren't good and I also didnt touch most of them but for some people they really seemed to enhance the game. So why remove them?

Typical EA move.

And since they didn't even touch the whole AI tactics they could have just left us with the old sliders.
I think what fearwhatnow is saying is that global sliders and the way CTT work in FIFA are flawed in that some sliders affect the way teams play more than CTT (especially since they don't work in CM) which makes sliders have more of an impact.

For example, line height & line width IMO should be a CTT as not all teams play with the same philosophies. Some like their FBs to hug the sidelines while others like them to come inside and offer support. I know I'm preaching to the choir as your an FC Bayern fan but I get what fear's saying.

In regards to the demo...I recently bought a 4k TV so I don't know if it's the Frostbite Engine, the TV, or a combo of both but on the XB1 the lighting and detail (pitch, adboards, etc...) look incredible. I jumped back into 16 and there's a noticeable difference.

# 86 Brahvocado @ 09/13/16 06:44 PM
The plus side of the demo being bad is it almost assures that the launch version of the game will be good.

The game changes pretty drastically from demo to launch, and has pretty much always been the opposite of how the demo played. FIFA 12(or was it 11?)/13/14 were the best recent Fifa games and their demos were garbage. 11/15/16 had great and super promising demos but the full games took 7 months of slider tweaking to make them playable.

Just something to keep in mind, the demo is basically one last beta test by EA, and they always end up changing things, drastically even.

# 87 Krebstar @ 09/13/16 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR5Noles
anybody else having trouble finding the demo on PS4?
Yes. It's just nowhere to be found if you're on the PS4 looking at PSN.

If I try and queue it up using the link from the first post it just sits as waiting for a long time with nothing happening even though I'm looking blankly at my PS4 waiting for the download to start.

# 88 Necrosis @ 09/13/16 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
The plus side of the demo being bad is it almost assures that the launch version of the game will be good.

The game changes pretty drastically from demo to launch, and has pretty much always been the opposite of how the demo played. FIFA 12(or was it 11?)/13/14 were the best recent Fifa games and their demos were garbage. 11/15/16 had great and super promising demos but the full games took 7 months of slider tweaking to make them playable.

Just something to keep in mind, the demo is basically one last beta test by EA, and they always end up changing things, drastically even.
That's not the case. A demo is almost always a build from months ago. That is why the final game usually can feel drastically different. They don't change anything in these final 2 weeks based off the demo.

# 89 Krebstar @ 09/13/16 07:11 PM
Couldn't find the demo in the US PSN at all, finally switched over to my UK account and boom there it is featured right on PSN.

# 90 BSDShoes @ 09/13/16 07:16 PM
Been playing the PC demo, holy crap it's such a good game, I hated FIFA 15 and 16, 14 was a bit bad but tolorable but FIFA 17 is where a modern soccer game should be. Let's hope EA doesn't mess with it from here on but I know they will.

# 91 KG @ 09/13/16 07:30 PM
It brought me a lot of joy to stop Zaza's penalty as Handanovic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 92 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 09/13/16 07:39 PM
I'm enjoying the game. It's not any revolutionary change, though I don't think that's required. I think the only necessary improvements are more crisper controls and fewer cheesy shielding tactics. Only played 1 match so far but it felt good.

# 93 Brahvocado @ 09/13/16 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosis
That's not the case. A demo is almost always a build from months ago. That is why the final game usually can feel drastically different. They don't change anything in these final 2 weeks based off the demo.
It is the case.

You are correct, in the sense that the demo is not the same build as the launch version. However, the demo is always a very specific build that EA wants played en mass. The first gameplay patch of a new Fifa release is based off feedback and data from both the launch version and the demo.

They talked about it a few years ago, with 14 I think. Unless this changed with 17, this has been their approach for a while now as far as I'm aware.

# 94 Brahvocado @ 09/13/16 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
RIP Fifa, the king is back -- LONG LIVE PES 2017!
Thank you for your relevant and meaningful contribution to the thread.

# 95 ~LiverpoolRed~ @ 09/13/16 08:24 PM
I see they haven't implemented the new rule at kickoffs where you only need 1 player to kick off.

# 96 JHedges2 @ 09/13/16 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
Thank you for your relevant and meaningful contribution to the thread.
My thoughts exactly...

# 97 Matt10 @ 09/13/16 08:32 PM
It feels like...FIFA 09...but a slower version of it. The Level of Detail of the players from any camera look very bland, and is very strange.

The ball feels like you're playing with a slightly deflated ball.

The positioning is better than 16 started, which makes it hard to score, which will make EA change the full game.

So far, mixed feelings. I felt quite bored after playing. Will play a couple more and see how it goes.

# 98 finn712 @ 09/13/16 08:58 PM
Has anyone been having trouble downloading? I've been downloading for the past 5 hours now and its not even half way done, download time keeps changing also

# 99 Da-Man @ 09/13/16 09:01 PM
The game looks beautiful on broadcast cam and playing in the night has never looked better.

# 100 DirtyCobra @ 09/13/16 09:07 PM
Played 5 games thus far and I am really liking it.Just played Inter vs Juve. Best game of fifa I thing I have ever played. I won 2-1 on a last minute pk by Icardi. Bonnucci fouled Icardi just inside the box. It was a possession driven game. I am really impressed with FIFA 17. It Needs sliders as I find the passing speed a bit too fast. Also need to get used to the free kick and corner kick controls.

I really thought pes was a lock this year for me, but after playing the FIFA demo Ithink I may go with FIFA this year after passing on it last year. I couldn't play FIFA 16 for more than 10 minutes last year. Finally we have 2 very good games IMO. Both games are very fun.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.