Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

The Nike Color Rush uniforms, that were just announced yesterday, have arrived in Madden NFL 17. The patch is a little less than 1 GB for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Check out the details below.
  • Artworks - Added 2016 Color Rush uniforms for all 32 NFL teams and is available to play right away in Franchise and Play Now games
  • Franchise - Thursday Night Football games will default to Color Rush uniforms · Added ability to change the CPU’s uniform selection · New banners on the team select screen to highlight when it’s Thursday Night Football, Sunday Primetime, Monday Primetime, and all Playoff games
  • Madden Ultimate Team - Color Rush will be coming to MUT but will not be available when the Color Rush Update goes live.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 121 brahmagoul @ 09/14/16 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
So how do we change opponents unis in 32 team CFM?
On PS4, you don't need a literal second controller. Simply hold the home button, then select these options.

Power > switch user > new user > play as guest > do not sign in.

Re-enter Madden from the PS4 home screen. You're the "second controller" with your original controller and can change the other team's unis.

Do the same thing to reclaim your regular account/controller and go from there.

# 122 Champion8877 @ 09/14/16 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Nope. Same placebo effect that happens with every patch.
So far today I've seen people who truly believe the patch effected the user run game, the CPU run game, line play, and now this person thinks it effected qb play. Nope, same game as yesterday, just new uniforms

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

# 123 Bigg Cee @ 09/14/16 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion8877
So far today I've seen people who truly believe the patch effected the user run game, the CPU run game, line play, and now this person thinks it effected qb play. Nope, same game as yesterday, just new uniforms

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Thats why the Madden forums can be a frustrating place to read at times. So many different opinions that are all over the place. It's really hard to tell what is true and what is not.

# 124 Old School Fool @ 09/14/16 11:16 PM
For the Ravens fans out there, this new update also secretly added in the hideous gold pants they wore from last season.

# 125 SmashMan @ 09/14/16 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Thats why the Madden forums can be a frustrating place to read at times. So many different opinions that are all over the place. It's really hard to tell what is true and what is not.
There are a lot of variables that can happen in Madden, so people have a game where the CPU runs over them so it's broken. Then the next game they run over the CPU and the defense sucks, etc...then a tuning update or patch comes out and it breaks or fixes something else depending on what someone's looking for.

Usually, it just effects what the developers say it effects, in this case color rush uniforms.

# 126 wordtobigbird @ 09/14/16 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I don't know why people think every game in Madden is suppose to play exactly the same. "I ran well last game, so I should run well every game." "This game the CPU had a better game, they must have patched it.".

Take into account different skill levels, play calling tendencies and game play settings it's crazy how we try to make apples to apples comparisons here sometimes.

# 127 SteelerSpartan @ 09/15/16 12:11 AM
One last batch of uni pics for the thread....

^^^DeCastro looks like he's about to eat a soul

# 128 KANE699 @ 09/15/16 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
Props to EA for this. I dog them from time to time, but good move on this.

I wish they could touch the stadiums. If so I'd shut up for all eternity lols.
I've been tracking everything we need to update, trust me!

# 129 KANE699 @ 09/15/16 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatmanGriffin
the Chiefs need all red socks for their color rush uniforms. I think the Bears and Bills are the only other teams with striped socks but they are a solid color.
They are correct as is.

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-5...c-0eb07934c858

# 130 BenjiA @ 09/15/16 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
I've been tracking everything we need to update, trust me!
so, how about editable draft classes before the draft??

# 131 Big Bankhead @ 09/15/16 05:31 AM
I was definitely surprised to have received this before the Thursday game. Big props to the Madden team. Now I'm just patiently waiting for that big patch.

# 132 Northernwolf @ 09/15/16 06:59 AM
I love using the Color Rush unis both as they are and to mix and match with other unis in the game. Like som many others in this thread, obviously.

I am having the best of time with my three franchises right now. I am seriously considering to restart my coach franchise to utilise color rush to the fullest.
I started a qb in the Saints, and boy o boy those unis mix so well with the old facemask and the old socks!

This game just keeps getting so much love.
As a big uni-nerd I must give my thanks to Kane, the entire team at EA Sports and everyone else behind the quick and efficient installment of this feature!
You just made the game close to perfect for me.

You added: Color rush and the old color rush plus the bronze Ravens pants.
And on top of that you added the option to edit the cpu uni in franchise!!!
Wow!
Thank you so much for this!

# 133 grgmths1433 @ 09/15/16 07:34 AM
Damn we demand color rush uniforms and we get them, it's not good enough.

# 134 OhMrHanky @ 09/15/16 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Nope. Same placebo effect that happens with every patch.

Color me placebo'd then! Lol. I just played the best game of M17, ever! And, it was the first one after the patch. I haven't played in a week, though. So, I think the game just felt 'fresher'. And, it's kind of funny, 2 things happened in that game that haven't happened for me, yet. 1. I finally blocked a kick and it was sweet. 2. I finally saw a def PI call, as well. There were no 'ridiculous' QB fumbles but there were a few QB fumbles. And, the ball physics felt a little tighter. The animations felt a little smoother. And, I saw a brand new TD celebration. Idk about the rest of the community, but I was seeing a very small variety of TD celebrations. I was mostly seeing the 'wiggle your butt' dance. Anyways, could just be placebo effect for me, but I'm extremely happy with the game I just played. Was a nice D battle with some back n forth against a div opponent as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 135 OhMrHanky @ 09/15/16 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Color me placebo'd then! Lol. I just played the best game of M17, ever! And, it was the first one after the patch. I haven't played in a week, though. So, I think the game just felt 'fresher'. And, it's kind of funny, 2 things happened in that game that haven't happened for me, yet. 1. I finally blocked a kick and it was sweet. 2. I finally saw a def PI call, as well. There were no 'ridiculous' QB fumbles but there were a few QB fumbles. And, the ball physics felt a little tighter. The animations felt a little smoother. And, I saw a brand new TD celebration. Idk about the rest of the community, but I was seeing a very small variety of TD celebrations. I was mostly seeing the 'wiggle your butt' dance. Anyways, could just be placebo effect for me, but I'm extremely happy with the game I just played. Was a nice D battle with some back n forth against a div opponent as well.

Adding to this, something else I'm seeing is the tackle battle 'win or loss' transition animations look better. They're still a little 'rough'. But, I've seen a few now after 2 games played where the broken tackle looked more 'real' and also when losing, the ball carrier didn't just suddenly fall down when losing, again, the animations just feel a little smoother to me. Thank you, color rush only update!! Lol.

# 136 JHedges2 @ 09/15/16 09:34 AM
So thankful we can now edit CPU jerseys too. Small feature but really helps to allow us to set each game how we want it.

Now if we could just choose weather

# 137 NDAlum @ 09/15/16 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
So thankful we can now edit CPU jerseys too. Small feature but really helps to allow us to set each game how we want it.

Now if we could just choose weather
CPU PB's would be my #1 options!!!

# 138 JHedges2 @ 09/15/16 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
CPU PB's would be my #1 options!!!
Yeah that would help too.

Also wish there were more 'away' throwbacks.

Love using jerseys from my childhood (90s), but most teams have home only.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 139 bzilem27 @ 09/15/16 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
NO info on PS4; I just have the Xbone...Sorry..

Still can't find any patch notes, either..
Got mine on ps4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

# 140 BjarkeK @ 09/15/16 09:56 AM
I can't download the patch. Whenever I start the game on PS4, starts to prepare the download, but almost immediately it says "Cannot download" and stops. I have tried both rebooting the PS4 and to use another internet connection. Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.