Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Forcing fumbles in Madden NFL 17 doesn't usually happen by accident (though it certainly can).

You can actually work to force fumbles in this year's game with a few simple techniques which YouTuber WAYNE6578 talks about on the video above.

The technique basically involves strafing up and then going for the strip animation -- its a bit more involved than last year but will increase your odds of seeing more fumbles. Note though, you won't see fumbles most times you do this (thank goodness) and that your tackle may not be as effective.

Are you doing anything specific to get more fumbles from your opponents in the game? Sound off with your tips!

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Sturzinator @ 09/28/16 11:14 PM
Not a fan of all the new button mashing mechanics. The tackle battle is another cheesy addition that takes away from the enjoyment.

I wish it would be determined organically with player traits and ratings.

# 2 howboutdat @ 09/29/16 11:57 AM
According to this guys parameters on this , there are only 3 players in stock rosters that would be decent at this :

3 players to meet the 90 awr,90 tackle,90 hitpower

Honestly , i know he is just saying thats your best choices, but thats only 3 choices. Tons of guys in NFL cause strips all the time , and not because they have great tackling skill , they just see a ball carrier not covering ball, and punch it out.Ill give this a try, because since they "patched" the fumbles being knocked out, ive tried my best with just using R1 and it has very , very, very, very rarely happened to work. Like 2 times in 11 weeks, of trying on most of my tackles each game.Not sure why hitting strife beforehand should make any difference really but ill try it.

# 3 jayb_270 @ 09/29/16 02:18 PM
So basically you have to hold L2 and mash the strip button lol

# 4 fistofrage @ 09/29/16 02:24 PM
This is cheesy. I want ratings to matter and AI teammates to force fumbles.

Basically they are making it so the only way you can force a fumble is to do it yourself. That is fine for online tournament play, but is a killer for the sim experience.

They even reduced fumbling more since the tuner.

# 5 jmik58 @ 09/29/16 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
According to this guys parameters on this , there are only 3 players in stock rosters that would be decent at this :

3 players to meet the 90 awr,90 tackle,90 hitpower

Honestly , i know he is just saying thats your best choices, but thats only 3 choices. Tons of guys in NFL cause strips all the time , and not because they have great tackling skill , they just see a ball carrier not covering ball, and punch it out.Ill give this a try, because since they "patched" the fumbles being knocked out, ive tried my best with just using R1 and it has very , very, very, very rarely happened to work. Like 2 times in 11 weeks, of trying on most of my tackles each game.Not sure why hitting strife beforehand should make any difference really but ill try it.
My first thoughts were similar. This is done with a superstar linebacker but how about with an average to plus-skilled player. I just don't see it happening but it's worth a shot.

# 6 4thQtrStre5S @ 09/29/16 03:19 PM
I would figure that just Hit Power and Tackling at 90+ would be enough if usering.

I hope in M18 they add a few other animations, like the "Punch Out."

# 7 SolidSquid @ 09/29/16 03:29 PM
Isn't there a strips ball trait?

# 8 jmik58 @ 09/29/16 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S

I hope in M18 they add a few other animations, like the "Punch Out."
Legarrette Blount tops the league with a 98 KO rating in Madden 18.

# 9 4thQtrStre5S @ 09/29/16 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Isn't there a strips ball trait?
Yes...I was also wondering how that plays into the equation...According to Muthead, Luke has the strip ball trait...

# 10 Shards @ 09/29/16 11:07 PM
This video seems pretty far from scientific proof. The basic idea seems to be to choose a great defender, press a button that is supposed to make the defender keep his eye on the play, press the button to strip the ball, and cause a fumble. Of course, you will want to make sure and sub in a punter at RB for the other team... It's yo boy captain obvious here with a super secret strat lol.

I always thought that traits increase the button choice of a computer controlled player and not the effectiveness. Plays ball aggressive = more pick attempts, aggressive catch = more aggressive catches, big hitter = more big hits. There are downsides to everything and trying to cause fumble should result I'm more broken tackles and facemask penalties.

# 11 MalikBrock203 @ 09/30/16 12:36 AM
Had 10 fumbles in my CFM game earlier .... the CPU fumbled 3 kickoffs in a row

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 12 Montana45 @ 11/28/16 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Not a fan of all the new button mashing mechanics. The tackle battle is another cheesy addition that takes away from the enjoyment.

I wish it would be determined organically with player traits and ratings.
I only play in coach mode so that I don't have to turn the game into button mashing ability. I wish I didn't have to kick either. You should be able to play the entire game without your own button mashing ability deciding things.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.