Home
WWE 2K17 News Post

Franchises that release annually have to walk a fine edge. Play it safe, and the complaints often include words like “tired” or “roster update.” Stray too far away from the core gameplay or throw in too many new features, and critics will cite gimmicks like Madden’s vision cone.

The WWE franchise has another tightrope to walk, as it needs to transform scripted events into a competitive combat game, all while incorporating the entertainment elements the brand is known for.

In other words, 2K has to do a lot of things perfectly to craft a decent and captivating WWE game. WWE 2K17 falls a little too far on the safe side and doesn’t quite go far enough with the entertainment aspect to be a truly great game. However, for wrestling fans, there is still a lot here to like.

Read More - WWE 2K17 Review (PS4/XB1)

Game: WWE 2K17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 snc237 @ 10/18/16 02:09 PM
Don't throw madden vision cone in the review. I enjoyed the vision cone!

# 2 Buddywalker @ 10/18/16 02:31 PM
The highlight and replay system is totally broken on Xbox one.
Often it only shows the pin, not the move before the pin.
In a match with many near falls, you will only get to see all the pin attempts,
but no finishing move in the highlight video.

# 3 stocksy @ 10/18/16 03:51 PM
Been playing the game for the last 2 hours and it's very buggy and so many issues.

Anyone on the fence I'd wait for now and hold out for patches and a price drop.

The whole thing feels a backward step from last year.

When patched/if patched it has promise but loads of issues currently

# 4 nhthelegend @ 10/18/16 04:00 PM
I feel like this is definitely far better than last year's offering, Showcase be damned, but it's not quite a classic yet. Still, if you're a fan of the genre, there's a lot to like, and a good foundation for an all-time classic this console generation.

# 5 mike24forever @ 10/18/16 07:43 PM
Madden's cone vision was not a gimmick. It should still be in the game.

# 6 Retropyro @ 10/19/16 02:21 AM
Madden's Vision Cone was ahead of it's time.

# 7 CPRoark @ 10/19/16 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
Madden's Vision Cone was ahead of it's time.
I think so too. It's inclusion was just meant to represent a wild idea that didn't go over well with the general public. I think the promo stuff here will either be looked upon as a valiant try, or the beginning of something great. Either way, it's a unique (but needed) addition for a WWE game.

# 8 stocksy @ 10/19/16 06:42 AM
Update - played more and the bugs and glitches should really be reflected in the score. If/when they are patched the game might be worthy of a 7.

But currently with the save deletion bugs, the glitches in ring and the issues in the creation modes (arms tats, logo issues, CC search bugs for example)

This game has to be scored below 5... a game that cannot deliver its core modes and randomly deletes your progress and content cannot score anything above average surely?

# 9 DBMcGee3 @ 10/19/16 09:37 AM
I had really considered buying this, but I'm a bit shocked by some of the ridiculous bugs people are mentioning. It also sounds like the Promo feature is a big letdown, which was really one of the things I had most looked forward to. The roll out sounds great, hope that feature is here to stay.

Maybe next year....

# 10 teeteegardner @ 10/19/16 11:37 AM
far from a 7 ... the bugs/glitches set this game back alot. i returned mine for a full refund. they didnt test the game and are now seeing the results of not doing so with people mad and frustrated the game was released this way. universe mode unplayable, my career unplayable. online still in shambles. etc etc...

# 11 stocksy @ 10/19/16 01:01 PM
Agree with above as I said before max this can get is a four in its current state- I don't even think that is up for debate

# 12 Clarityman @ 10/19/16 05:32 PM
The bugs and glitches are inexcusable, but far worse, the matches just aren't as much fun as in 2k16. Legend is far too easy. It's virtually impossible to have epic matches anymore.

I set up a match between Austin and Cena with Slow momentum, two guys who are renowned for their toughness and ability to kick out of almost anything. I hit Cena with the stunner and pinned him after about 7 minutes. That was it. The match ended on the VERY FIRST PINFALL attempt of the match. Then the replays showed nothing.

This is an incredibly poor offering from 2k. My score is a 5 out of 10 and I might be being generous (I like the roster, and that's about it). I'd advise anyone on the fence to AVOID at all costs.

# 13 Rawdeal28 @ 10/19/16 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityman
The bugs and glitches are inexcusable, but far worse, the matches just aren't as much fun as in 2k16. Legend is far too easy. It's virtually impossible to have epic matches anymore.

I set up a match between Austin and Cena with Slow momentum, two guys who are renowned for their toughness and ability to kick out of almost anything. I hit Cena with the stunner and pinned him after about 7 minutes. That was it. The match ended on the VERY FIRST PINFALL attempt of the match. Then the replays showed nothing.

This is an incredibly poor offering from 2k. My score is a 5 out of 10 and I might be being generous (I like the roster, and that's about it). I'd advise anyone on the fence to AVOID at all costs.
the momentum is backwards. slow is fast and fast is slow.

# 14 ty5oke @ 10/19/16 09:08 PM
Bought the digital version before release but have yet to play the game. Sounds like I'm not missing much. Maybe after a patch, I'll give it a shot.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.