Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

The MLB The Show 17 team revealed their Twitch Livestream schedule this year which also revealed a lot of new features coming to this year's game.

The live streams will start on Twitch on February 7th and will run weekly through March 23rd. In total, 11 live streams are scheduled with one yet to be finalized with regards to date.

In the descriptors for each live stream are some new details of features coming to MLB The Show 17.
  • Gameplay: New Ball Physics, Humanity AI, Cat and Mouse Gameplay, All New Catch and Throw Engine (+More!)
  • Diamond Dynasty Gets Dynamic: Events, Seasons, Programs, Missions 2.0, New Legends & Flashbacks. More!
  • The Little Things: New Uniform Sets, Universal Profile Overhaul, New Brands. More!
  • Presentation and Commentary: Showtrack, New Commentary?
  • Franchise Mode: Launch Pad, Player Quirks, Franchise Front Office.
  • Road to the Show and Create-A-Player: Player Model Revamps, Pave Your Path, Create-A-Player Revamp, PYP.
  • Graphics: Lighting, Grass Tech, New Head Rig, Classic Stadiums.

MLB The Show 17 Releases on March 28.

What do you think the new features are revealing?

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 Scott @ 01/25/17 10:46 AM
Can't wait to see those new brands. My shoe skills will be even better this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Operation Sports mobile app

# 22 baseballsim @ 01/25/17 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
11,000 MLB The Show 16 Stubs for PS Store exclusive????????
Was this part a typo or something? Did they mean you will get 11,000 stubs for The Show 17? I have no need for and stubs in MLB 16 at this point in the season.

# 23 ShowTyme15 @ 01/25/17 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Was this part a typo or something? Did they mean you will get 11,000 stubs for The Show 17? I have no need for and stubs in MLB 16 at this point in the season.
No, not a typo. You get 11,000 stubs for MLB 16 when you pre-order 17 digitally.

# 24 countryboy @ 01/25/17 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Harold Reynolds is one of the new booth guys I believe. (the first set of stars fit his name) Still trying to figure out the second set.
I see I wasn't the only one trying to break the code...

I thought at first that it was Dan Plesac but his name doesn't fit the stars. The only person that I can think of that fits the stars is Dan O'Dowd.

Guess we'll find out March 2nd.

# 25 andrewochs615 @ 01/25/17 11:00 AM
Quote:
Harold Reynolds is one of the new booth guys I believe. (the first set of stars fit his name) Still trying to figure out the second set.
Bob Costas? I highly doubt it though

# 26 zfarrow @ 01/25/17 11:02 AM
Quote:
I think it could be Joe Davis - fits the *** ***** - the only name from the wikipedia national MLB broadcasters that did.

here's his flavor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ptatL6vueA

# 27 countryboy @ 01/25/17 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewochs615
Bob Costas? I highly doubt it though
Yeah with it being stated that Matty V isn't being replaced I doubt they have two play by play announcers.

# 28 zfarrow @ 01/25/17 11:04 AM
Also does "new head rig" mean that we will be free of the terrifying broken necks when players move their heads to look at things?

# 29 Impetuous65 @ 01/25/17 11:06 AM
SDS, I love the way you guys let the fans inside with your features streams and VLOGS. I think this should be the standard with sports games. We get to learn about features in depth and see those features work in real time so no surprises.

# 30 Impetuous65 @ 01/25/17 11:07 AM
Humanity AI, please dive deep like 20,000 leagues deep into this SDS.

# 31 ShowTyme15 @ 01/25/17 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfarrow
I think it could be Joe Davis - fits the *** ***** - the only name from the wikipedia national MLB broadcasters that did.

here's his flavor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ptatL6vueA
I was going to guess Davis. I already know about him he's with the Dodgers now and heard a lot of him on the radio this past season.

# 32 mrCPUgeek @ 01/25/17 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

So much to look forward to. For me the biggest is March 7th and 9th with the Franchise announcements, but I'm very intrigued by Gameplay and Retro Mode announcements as well.

Curious to see who is joining the booth on March 2nd.
Can.. Not.. Wait!!!

Kinda curious what Franchise launchpad is too. Sounds interesting.

# 33 The Kid 24 @ 01/25/17 11:10 AM
I would have LOVED for John Smoltz to be the 2nd guy, he is great to listen too!

# 34 tnixen @ 01/25/17 11:10 AM
Man this was an awesome tease!!!

1. "Grass Tech" Finally the grass possibly could be getting a major upgrade?

I hope this includes the infield dirt as well

2. "Humanity AI" Possibly means CPU players will make much smarter life like gameplay decisions. And hopefully also means better CPU bullpen management.

3. "All New Catch & Throw Engine" Hopefully means less low and in the dirt throws over to first base where the first basemen has to reach and stretch so often even on simple throws. Also hopefully means there will be even more of a difference between players with great arms vs weak arms. And maybe improving the throwing urgency as well.

And these sound very interesting!

1. Cat and Mouse gameplay
2. Of course new ball physics
3. New Uniform Sets
4. "Fill in the Blank" Presentation Package, Hopefully MLB Network or at least something kind of like what 2K is doing for Basketball and used to do with baseball and football.
5. "Fill in the Blank" & "Fill in the Blank" Join The Booth, Possibly a 5 man booth?
6. Player Model Improvements, Could just mean being able to add and edit more things during player create instead of actual brand new player models?
7. Player Quirks
8. New Brands
9. New Big Rig, No idea what that could be?
10. Universal Profile Overhaul, Perhaps you can now save your profile to the cloud?

And I am sure there is a lot more new stuff then this

O yeah I am pumped!!!

# 35 The Kid 24 @ 01/25/17 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
Can.. Not.. Wait!!!

And Franchise front office.

# 36 eric7064 @ 01/25/17 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
Can.. Not.. Wait!!!

First thought was a start today mode. Where it begins exactly where the real season is. But who knows.

# 37 mrCPUgeek @ 01/25/17 11:15 AM
Diamond Dynasty Seasons may be a game changer. I'm not big on DD right now, but that could make a big difference to me.

# 38 countryboy @ 01/25/17 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Man this was an awesome tease!!!

1. "Grass Tech" Finally the grass possibly could be getting a major upgrade?

I hope this includes the infield dirt as well

2. "Humanity AI" Possibly means CPU players will make much smarter life like gameplay decisions. And hopefully also means better CPU bullpen management.

3. "All New Catch & Throw Engine" Hopefully means less low and in the dirt throws over to first base where the first basemen has to reach and stretch so often even on simple throws. Also hopefully means there will be even more of a difference between players with great arms vs weak arms. And maybe improving the throwing urgency as well.

And these sound very interesting!

1. Cat and Mouse gameplay
2. Of course new ball physics
3. New Uniform Sets
4. "Fill in the Blank" Presentation Package
5. "Fill in the Blank" & "Fill in the Blank" Join The Booth Possibly of a 5 man booth?
6. Player Model Improvements, Could just mean being able to add and edit more things during player create instead of actual brand new player models?
7.Player Quirks
8. New Brands
9. New Big Rig, No idea what that could be?
10. Universal Profile Overhaul, Perhaps you can now save your profile to the cloud?

O yeah I am pumped!!!
I don't think it will be a 5 man booth. My guess is that the two new announcers are replacing Eric Karros and Steve Lyons.

A 5 man booth would be interesting though.

# 39 ShowTyme15 @ 01/25/17 11:18 AM
Quote:
I don't think it will be a 5 man booth. My guess is that the two new announcers are replacing Eric Karros and Steve Lyons.

Could also be based on presentation package as well.

# 40 The Kid 24 @ 01/25/17 11:18 AM
Quote:

Sooooooooooooooooo hoping this is true, really grown tired of these two... I love Matty V.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.