Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

NBA 2K17 patch 1.11 is available now for PlayStation 4, soon for Xbox One. The patch resolves matchmaking issues that some users were experiencing.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 lilteapot @ 02/10/17 10:56 PM
7 gigs tho? sheesh...

# 2 LO6IX @ 02/10/17 10:59 PM
Is this for PNO or Pro Am? I'm hoping it's the former.

# 3 Hustle Westbrook @ 02/10/17 11:11 PM
Oh my...Play Now Online is back?

# 4 BA2929 @ 02/10/17 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
7 gigs tho? sheesh...
I believe you have to re-download all the previous fixes each time. This isn't 7GB just for this minor tweak.

But 7GB every 3-5 days is getting a tad ridiculous at this point, even if I have a 1TB cap.

# 5 FixEverything2k @ 02/11/17 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I believe you have to re-download all the previous fixes each time. This isn't 7GB just for this minor tweak.

But 7GB every 3-5 days is getting a tad ridiculous at this point, even if I have a 1TB cap.
They need to wait 5 minutes and put everything on one patch... Not this 'OH WAIT! We forgot this... OH WAIT, This too!' Can't wait 'til they start fixing actual gameplay though

# 6 Kodii Rockets @ 02/11/17 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929

It's not 7 new gigs added everytime. It's like saving a document, each one has overwritten the last. So that 7 gigs that you used to DL the very first patch is the same 7 gigs you used to download this one.

# 7 SandGropeR @ 02/11/17 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
It's not 7 new gigs added everytime. It's like saving a document, each one has overwritten the last. So that 7 gigs that you used to DL the very first patch is the same 7 gigs you used to download this one.
extra 7 gigs on MY download cap each time but, and if you have 150 or 200 Gig limit then these plus your normal day to day stuff can soon add up.

# 8 jWILL253 @ 02/11/17 01:03 AM
Just to add context for why this trend is troubling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I told you guys several times that patching a game is always dangerous even games in development for several years have patches. And some things are too dangerous to patch. They just are.
One of their devs said this... then sent out 28GB in patches in less than two weeks.

This is a shameful display, tbh. For all these patches to come out and none of them really fix anything except small online stuff... smh.

Also, what's the point of fixing matchmaking issues if your netcode has remained one of the worst in gaming for a decade?

# 9 NoLeafClover @ 02/11/17 01:06 AM
I'm out at the moment, can anyone confirm that this patch fixes inter-tier matchmaking in Play Now Online so we can play against different tiers finally?

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Operation Sports mobile app

# 10 Jrick12 @ 02/11/17 02:16 AM
Every Patch is geared around my player mode! 2K give us a patch for all the modes for once!!! Like how about fixing the glitch to allow users to edit headbands on or off players!ALL PLAYERS,not just the players in create a player!Also,allow users to edit the color of the headbands,the sock colors as well!! I'm tired of having to use ankle wraps on players for black socks when some yeams sometimes wear them for home games! Have you not seen any Celtics home games recently 2k?!! They wear black socks now,HELLO!!!!! And please patch back in the old way of throwing alley oops like it was in games prior to 2k16 because this new way of throwing them SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 11 Jrick12 @ 02/11/17 02:25 AM
Should say some teams instead of yeams,I apologize for spelling error.

# 12 JohnTaylor @ 02/11/17 02:26 AM
2k what will you do to compensate my 28 gbs of data?

# 13 testorz @ 02/11/17 03:26 AM
I wish they would fix the error with players pics in My Team! I have Jimmy Butler but in the stats after games it's not his picture that shows up when I highlight him to see his stats.

# 14 Meller @ 02/11/17 03:35 AM
It's becoming ridiculous. Last friday, getting home from work, a few cold beers in the fridge and ready to play some 2K. 2K ain't having none of that though and presents a 7GB patch that takes more than an hour to download, thank you very much. Woke up today, saturday morning and feeling some 2K before breakfast. Ha, like 2K was going to let me have a nice saturday morning. No, instead lets adjust a minor tweak that doesn't affect me and download another 7GB. What the hell are they doing?

# 15 benton32 @ 02/11/17 04:09 AM
ARe u kidding me.. another big patch cause we have to do all the other ones again and they cant just do a separate ones to make it faster for us but its faster for them

and more online fixes only... i feel like this kid that is at a candy store looking in the window but i cant have any of what the kids are having inside cause those are the online kids only,

I mean i get it they wanna keep online stuff all nice and neat and keep everyone coming back and playing each other and all this mypark my player those are nice to.. but come on GAMEPLAY GAME PLAY or can they not fix the game play anymore and they will just wait till 2k18, are these fixes they are doing for online stuff just easy ones or what ?

HAS anyone seen how horrible the defense is on this game lately guys getting all dumb and stupid and leaving their guys wide open, covering the wrong players, and 25% of the pts are from wide wide wide open baskets come onnnnnnnnnn

# 16 franzis @ 02/11/17 05:16 AM
Stop complaining in this case.

Previous patch BROKE the online matchmaking. They HAD to fix it, it wasn't a matter of preferring online over gameplay

# 17 benton32 @ 02/11/17 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis

Previous patch BROKE the online matchmaking. They HAD to fix it, it wasn't a matter of preferring online over gameplay

well it sure doesnt seem like game play gets tweaked as much as online stuff, we have a right to complain if a feature that is used by others and not just online user isnt working right.. or has bugs, sorry

# 18 jrose57 @ 02/11/17 05:31 AM
Double team issue fixed against AI?

# 19 jeebs9 @ 02/11/17 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis

Thank you exactly! I haven't played in 2 months now. Because I would play the same team in PNO all the time. It was boring! Even my girl friend would say ;why would you play vs the same match up. That can't be funny."

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 20 SmittyD81 @ 02/11/17 09:24 AM
All of these hefty patches are definitely not good. Especially when you still have a lot of general gameplay issues yet to be resolved. Until the core is fixed, online will always be problematic in functionality.

Sent from my Z981 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.