Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Next week, I'll be heading out to California to have a chat with several former OS'ers who are now working at 2K on the NBA 2K series. We're going to talk about a lot of topics such as what its like to work at 2K, what the transition from community members to game makers was like, and also some of the nuts and bolts behind the approaches to their jobs.

In short we kind of get to learn some of the hows and whys of game development.

We're going to be having some extended conversations in the 2K Studio about all of this and the videos will be posted afterwards on OS. We're giving you guys the chance to submit questions to the team now to the run-up of the event next Thursday. Obviously we're not going to get any unreleased info on secret plans for NBA 2K18 (sorry guys) but if you have questions about why they do certain things, how they approach their jobs, or what being in the games industry is like, we'd love to be able to talk about them.

Submit your questions in the comments, and I'll try to ask as many of them as possible when I have my sit down with the guys at 2K next week!

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 MFDOOMBOT @ 03/09/17 06:32 PM
Why the decision to assign loses to both players when one player quits in MyTeam Online? Its ruining the mode and people chances at perfection. Can it be fixed this cycle?

# 2 DJT @ 03/09/17 06:34 PM
What happened to body scans? The whole Utah Jazz team needs new ones

# 3 stowie @ 03/09/17 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFDOOMBOT
Why the decision to assign loses to both players when one player quits in MyTeam Online? Its ruining the mode and people chances at perfection. Can it be fixed this cycle?
Yes please! The best rewards are locked behind a perfect record and this needs to be fixed.

I would like to know what measures (server prep, stress testing, etc) are taken before a massive event such as Park After Dark? Also, do they have a post event debrief, if yes what issues were identified and fixed for the next one?

# 4 SHAKYR @ 03/09/17 06:42 PM
I don't know if you are limiting your questions to just NBA 2k. I have want to know is 2k going to make a boxing game?

# 5 Smirkin Dirk @ 03/09/17 06:46 PM
How do they filter the good community feedback from the...less than good... community feedback?

# 6 BobChonger @ 03/09/17 06:52 PM
Pretty cool. Do you get to meet Jerson Sapida?

# 7 Crunky @ 03/09/17 07:01 PM
Starting now do they gather ideas for future, future installment's of the game.

# 8 Crunky @ 03/09/17 07:04 PM
Do you guy's make incremental changes to ideas before the recent title or are the idea's set in stone.

# 9 JwP23 @ 03/09/17 07:33 PM
looks like this is a good opportunity just for those people that want to work in this industry.

# 10 drosefan22 @ 03/09/17 07:46 PM
Here's my question, do you think they might add Goggles to Create A Player for NBA 2K18?

# 11 basketballer0385 @ 03/09/17 08:14 PM
With the partnership with the e league how will that effect mycareer will their be tryouts? Will we still have archetypes?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

# 12 fakeassc @ 03/09/17 08:16 PM
I would love it if OS could ask 2K to give at least one more gameplay update for 2K17.

2 major things the next patch should address:

- Reduce or completely remove double-teams.

- Revert dribbling mechanics to pre-patch 1.06, when you weren't forced to complete escape dribble animations.

Thanks.

# 13 BoSox59 @ 03/09/17 08:22 PM
Tell them I miss their NHL games

I know that's not a question, but it's true and EA desperately needs some competition

# 14 bxphenom7 @ 03/09/17 09:18 PM
Is it possible we'll have the option of a career mode without a story element?

# 15 ffaacc03 @ 03/09/17 09:23 PM
Have some ...

- Anything done with the doubleteam logic ?

- What gameplay areas are a focus for this iteration and what early improvements have been made that they can talk about ?

- Do staff, players, teams editability, options and customization remain a focus ? Are more things unlocked and uncoded so the user have a say and can further fit the experience into their specific view ? A few that come to mind ... editing players bodytypes, altering team chemestry, double team frequency, trap frequency, creating a staff/coach, prioritizing playbooks plays and defenses, presetting situational defensive matchups, etc; has the quick edit spreadsheet like feature been expanded ? Can it be like a pc integrated feature ?; has expansion feature and creation been, for the lack of a better word, been expanded ? ...

- Does any further features and customization have been added to myleague ? Deciding whatever players can become coaches when retired; editing rivalries; editing GM stance on trades (selling, buying, standing pat, go for picks, go for vets, etc), on Drafting-Signing (best overall, best of position of need, most potential, best of specific attributes, coach affinity, etc); does DLeague can be reinstated, even if only partialy.

- Would myleague online be a seamless integral port of the offline mode.

- Any further tuning of the simulation engine to try and be able to reflect a wider range of results so, with edits, classics stats and current stats can be achieved, for players and team cases ?

- Are online my players leagues a possibility ? Like a connected careers, where at least 30 users are within a league and it developes allowing such platyers to form alliances and form super teams or not ... or where some users can be coaches/gms of teams full of my players, or just create my players and be managed by orher users, fight for positions and coach recognition, everyone plays against other my players, if users are offline the AI controls such players.

# 16 Breakstarter @ 03/09/17 09:24 PM
">

I just want to know if this position is gonna be filled in time to fix the 2k servers because they have been historically terrible. The fact that we dont people hired to handle this job says alot about the direction 2k is moving towards for rhe future.

# 17 JasonLin @ 03/09/17 09:41 PM
What about the Nintendo Switch version? Is it going to be a scaled down version?

# 18 ffaacc03 @ 03/09/17 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonLin
What about the Nintendo Switch version? Is it going to be a scaled down version?
And on what areas would it be scaled down ?

# 19 Crunky @ 03/09/17 09:48 PM
Is the Ps4 Pro getting exclusive features and what type of graphic updates are in store for us for the Ps4 Pro compared to the original console.

# 20 TJ Henderson @ 03/10/17 12:21 AM
What is the current culture on the idea of College Hoops? (Obviously knowing pending court issues)
Are they receiving any kind of useful feedback on the appetite for it based on the inclusion of the college games in the last couple of years?
How are the schools for the game chosen, and will this trend continue?
Will consideration be given to playing more than 4 games, or even entire seasons and beyond freshman year?

Also let them know how important Kansas is

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.