Home
The Golf Club 2 News Post

Maximum Games have just announced June 27 as their release date for The Golf Club 2. Fans can pre-order the game for $39.99 to receive the Day One Edition, which includes the following "Aristocrat" bonus in-game content:
  • Moneybags – Save time and get rich quick with an instant payout that will boost your career and give you serious purchasing power
  • Elite Club – Make your competitors jealous and stand out among the crowd with an exclusive 24K solid gold driver
  • Premier Clubhouse – Gain access to an exclusive high society clubhouse for you and your friends
  • Heirloom Apparel – Play in style with a throwback outfit from the golden age of golf
  • Elite Emblem – Add class to your Society logo with a signature badge
Check out the trailer here.

Quote:
Play thousands of pre-built courses or create your own, compete in dynamic tournaments - alone or with a Golf Society - and progress your career by rising the ranks in lush, vibrant settings around the world! Establish your own Society and upgrade your clubhouse, inviting players online to join and compete with your team. The possibilities are endless in the highly anticipated new standard in golf gaming.

For more details on the game, check out the official website.

Game: The Golf Club 2Hype Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 DivotMaker @ 04/28/17 12:12 PM
They are working on getting the Steam pre-order information......

# 22 RIFRIG @ 04/28/17 04:39 PM
Can't see HB studios optimising for Scorpio or PS4 Pro........it will be considered an unfair advantage for Tours/Tournaments etc.

# 23 jbd345 @ 04/28/17 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
Can't see HB studios optimising for Scorpio or PS4 Pro........it will be considered an unfair advantage for Tours/Tournaments etc.
How? That's like call of duty giving players with bigger tvs a handicap vs players with smaller tvs. Just because the graphics are slightly better. 4K really gives no advantage whatsoever.

# 24 RIFRIG @ 04/28/17 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
How? That's like call of duty giving players with bigger tvs a handicap vs players with smaller tvs. Just because the graphics are slightly better. 4K really gives no advantage whatsoever.
The power off the PS4 Pro can give an enhanced frame rate over base hardware,the Scorpio will do the same with no hassle whatsoever.

Frame rate can make a huge difference in a golf game especially one with a nuanced swing mechanic.

# 25 OnlookerDelay @ 04/28/17 07:35 PM
Quote:
If HBS will code the PS4 and XB1 versions so as to allow the Scorpio and PS4 Pro to offer an enhanced experience, including boosted frame rate performance. They're in competition for the gaming dollars against other games, not just other golf games in some cases. They'll need to do something to entice the Scorpio or PS4 Pro owners to buy TGC 2, when developers of other games are going to be offering enhanced, performance boosted experiences in their products.

I have a better than average gaming PC and I can play The Golf Club at 50 FPS, with some pretty detailed graphics settings. Before I upgraded my PC, I was playing it at 28 to 34 FPS, and it is true, I play better at 50 FPS than I do at 30, but that's the nature of the beast in the PC gaming world. I didn't begrudge the guys where were playing The Golf Club at 50 to 60 FPS on their PC's, while I was wallowing along at 30... I envied them and did something about it.

I think we're seeing the early stages of the same hardware performance level within this generations consoles, with their new strategy of maintaining compatibility with their latest standard, while offering something extra to those who are willing to pay a premium. I’m 90% positive I’ll be buying a Scorpio when they hit to market, but that 90% would escalate to 100% if I was to learn that the Xbox One version of TGC 2 will have access to native 2160p graphics, even though they could only be accessed and utilized by the Scorpio.

# 26 elguapo79 @ 04/28/17 08:52 PM
Anyone interested in this game would probably get even more fun from it by checking out TGCTours.com.

It's a very well run "tour" for players of all abilities.

I played a lot of TGC last year primarily because of TGCTours. I stopped about a year ago when I didn't have the time -- not sure their plans with TGC2.

# 27 RIFRIG @ 04/29/17 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I HBS will code the PS4 and XB1 versions so as to allow the Scorpio and PS4 Pro to offer an enhanced experience, including boosted frame rate performance. They're in competition for the gaming dollars against other games, not just other golf games in some cases. They'll need to do something to entice the Scorpio or PS4 Pro owners to buy TGC 2, when developers of other games are going to be offering enhanced, performance boosted experiences in their products.

I have a better than average gaming PC and I can play The Golf Club at 50 FPS, with some pretty detailed graphics settings. Before I upgraded my PC, I was playing it at 28 to 34 FPS, and it is true, I play better at 50 FPS than I do at 30, but that's the nature of the beast in the PC gaming world. I didn't begrudge the guys where were playing The Golf Club at 50 to 60 FPS on their PC's, while I was wallowing along at 30... I envied them and did something about it.

I think we're seeing the early stages of the same hardware performance level within this generations consoles, with their new strategy of maintaining compatibility with their latest standard, while offering something extra to those who are willing to pay a premium. I’m 90% positive I’ll be buying a Scorpio when they hit to market, but that 90% would escalate to 100% if I was to learn that the Xbox One version of TGC 2 will have access to native 2160p graphics, even though they could only be accessed and utilized by the Scorpio.
I've seen a lot of discussion about Scorpio & it's ability to improve titles that are not developer enhanced.
I'm not sure it will boost resolution to native 4K & improve framerate on the fly.
Find out more in June at E3.....

# 28 Matt10 @ 04/29/17 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elguapo79
Anyone interested in this game would probably get even more fun from it by checking out TGCTours.com.

It's a very well run "tour" for players of all abilities.

I played a lot of TGC last year primarily because of TGCTours. I stopped about a year ago when I didn't have the time -- not sure their plans with TGC2.
Shameless plug, I'm the admin/founder of the True Sim Tour (no grids, etc), and we are in Week 30 of Season 2. Feel free to join: http://www.tgctours.com/Tour/Tournam...=5&season=2017

# 29 sroz39 @ 04/30/17 09:30 PM
I will be grabbing this game for sure, even though I couldn't play more than two or three rounds in a row of TGC1 due to its repetitive nature and unrealistic shots into the green.

However, I'm very willing to support a studio that is trying it's best to give us a fun and somewhat realistic take on one of my favourite sports. Issues aside, I got more than my money's worth from TGC1. I do hope there are PS4 Pro and Scorpio enhancements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 30 scagwi @ 05/01/17 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
I couldn't play more than two or three rounds in a row of TGC1 due to its repetitive nature and unrealistic shots into the green.
Me either. I sincerely hope this was majorly addressed in this new game.
It would be a true sadness after all this time and their efforts if the core gameplay was essentially just as repetitive and long term unplayable as TGC v1.

# 31 DivotMaker @ 05/01/17 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Me either. I sincerely hope this was majorly addressed in this new game.
It would be a true sadness after all this time and their efforts if the core gameplay was essentially just as repetitive and long term unplayable as TGC v1.
Without breaking NDA....

IMO, you have nothing to worry about.

Can go into details once NDA is lifted.

# 32 roadman @ 05/01/17 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Without breaking NDA....

IMO, you have nothing to worry about.

Can go into details once NDA is lifted.
This is good to note because I remember DM wasn't a happy camper with last years version, especially the easiness of reaching the fairway with every drive.

# 33 RIFRIG @ 05/01/17 12:48 PM
Fingers crossed they put the lofting grid option in Room 101.

# 34 OnlookerDelay @ 05/01/17 01:56 PM
Quote:
Fingers crossed they put the lofting grid option in Room 101.
I hope you will be as pleased with the way this issue is handled in TGC 2 as I am. It's judiciously effective, IMO. I wish I could go into specifics, but the NDA prevents me from doing so.

# 35 RIFRIG @ 05/01/17 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I hope you will be as pleased with the way this issue is handled in TGC 2 as I am. It's judiciously effective, IMO. I wish I could go into specifics, but the NDA prevents me from doing so.
It's been years since a golf game has come to market that didn't have a short cut to distance control.
I want to control the swing in real time but need a game engine that runs at a high enough frame rate to dial in precise percentages.
Is Unity that game engine on a console?.......not sure about that at this point in time.
Don't want to drop $2000 on a super rig PC either.

# 36 DivotMaker @ 05/01/17 04:02 PM
Quote:
It's been years since a golf game has come to market that didn't have a short cut to distance control.
I want to control the swing in real time but need a game engine that runs at a high enough frame rate to dial in precise percentages.
Is Unity that game engine on a console?.......not sure about that at this point in time.
Don't want to drop $2000 on a super rig PC either.
Can't comment on the console versions as none of us have seen or played them.

However, framerates on the PC version are far better than what I remember with TGC1.....

# 37 Lordcledus @ 05/02/17 02:40 AM
Never played the first one. What type of swing options are there? Like analog stick only or is there a version similar the old 3 click system?

# 38 OnlookerDelay @ 05/02/17 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordcledus
Never played the first one. What type of swing options are there? Like analog stick only or is there a version similar the old 3 click system?
There are two options, right or left thumbstick swing, or mouse swing. There was not 3-click option the TGC 1, nor is there one in TGC 2.

# 39 TheBrew101 @ 05/02/17 01:29 PM
I hope they made the swing something other than math. I feel like they nailed putting in TGC1. No meter, no power bar, just feel and experience. That is how the rest of the swings need to play out. It isn't really much of a game when you can get 100% swings almost all the time and then it is just a matter of putting the "math grid box" to 80%, 90% etc. That isn't golf. You need timing, tempo, swing path to judge distance/slice/hook. The old Tiger Woods games did this better.

If they can somehow integrate a swing that can do this (like they do for putting) then we will have a great golf game in my opinion.

# 40 scagwi @ 05/02/17 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew101
I hope they made the swing something other than math. I feel like they nailed putting in TGC1. No meter, no power bar, just feel and experience. That is how the rest of the swings need to play out. It isn't really much of a game when you can get 100% swings almost all the time and then it is just a matter of putting the "math grid box" to 80%, 90% etc. That isn't golf. You need timing, tempo, swing path to judge distance/slice/hook. The old Tiger Woods games did this better.

If they can somehow integrate a swing that can do this (like they do for putting) then we will have a great golf game in my opinion.

Very well said sir - The putting seemed to have the feel and nuance one would desire, but the other swings were just robotic and routine and the outcomes were simply too consistent and simple to achieve.

It really kills a golf game for me when most of the "golf" part isn't interesting and challenging enough over time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.