Home
The Golf Club 2 News Post

HB Studios showed off The Golf Club 2 earlier today on Twitch, going over the new character editor and some of the gameplay improvements made for the game. The Golf Club 2 is scheduled to arrive on June 27 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Check out the archived video above and below and post your thoughts!

Game: The Golf Club 2Hype Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 05/24/17 09:52 PM
I don't know all that much about this game but I have a question for those that do:

Is it possible to play online while also having a friend join you on your console? For example, my brother and his friend will play together on my brother's console. Can I play with them from my console? It seems that bringing a guest online with you has gotten phased out of a lot of video games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 2 BBallcoach @ 05/24/17 10:10 PM
It's suppose to come out on June 27th and I can't even pre-order on steam? That sucks.

# 3 TreyIM2 @ 05/25/17 06:14 AM
Where's the VR? I NEED this for my PSVR. I dug Tiger Woods using the Move on PS3 when that contol option was included. VR will be even better.

# 4 DivotMaker @ 05/25/17 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
It's suppose to come out on June 27th and I can't even pre-order on steam? That sucks.
Should be available to preorder by the end of this month.

# 5 RIFRIG @ 05/25/17 12:19 PM
The water & sky look really nice in that stream.

# 6 berad88 @ 05/25/17 02:03 PM
I am really impressed with the improvements they have made and they have not even shown off the career mode yet. Really excited for this one.

# 7 itsmb8 @ 05/25/17 05:34 PM
If you guys haven't joined TGC Tours yet, you should do so. Huge online tour that mimicks the PGA and Euro Tours with the Web.com tour and 6 mini tours. It brings a real career mode to TGC 1 and makes it a completely different golf game. HIGHLY recommended.

# 8 idigfoo9 @ 05/25/17 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
If you guys haven't joined TGC Tours yet, you should do so. Huge online tour that mimicks the PGA and Euro Tours with the Web.com tour and 6 mini tours. It brings a real career mode to TGC 1 and makes it a completely different golf game. HIGHLY recommended.
I second this, TGC Tours is amazing.

# 9 ricky24 @ 05/29/17 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8

It is cool but I feel like people might be manipulating the HC system. I'm new to the game so maybe I just don't get it. Guys leading the tourneys are shooting in the 30s and still have handicaps resulting in them shooting a ridiculously low adjusted score. Shouldn't those guys not have a handicap at all if they are that good?

I'm suspecting they go into stroke play and demolish their handicap before playing in tourneys. Like I said maybe I'm off here though.

# 10 woodjer @ 05/30/17 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
It is cool but I feel like people might be manipulating the HC system. I'm new to the game so maybe I just don't get it. Guys leading the tourneys are shooting in the 30s and still have handicaps resulting in them shooting a ridiculously low adjusted score. Shouldn't those guys not have a handicap at all if they are that good?

I'm suspecting they go into stroke play and demolish their handicap before playing in tourneys. Like I said maybe I'm off here though.
If you're talking about the tours run through tgctours.com, they don't use handicap at all in their tourneys. Or at least they didn't last time I was involved (a year or so ago). Some of those guys really just are that good.

For the ones run through HB and the game itself, you may be right. Although, I can't imagine feeling the need to spend 30 minutes or more intentionally sucking through a round once...let alone enough times to impact my handicap that bad. And all to win a fake golf tournament with no prizes whatsoever? Not saying that people don't do that...just that I can't imagine having that much free time.

# 11 binga30 @ 06/04/17 03:57 AM
With the Tours, do you need to play at specific times or can you play a tourney over 2-3 hours one evening?

# 12 Matt10 @ 06/04/17 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by binga30
With the Tours, do you need to play at specific times or can you play a tourney over 2-3 hours one evening?
You have until Thursday at 11:59 pm ET to play your first 2 rounds. The in-game access starts Friday at 11:59 pm ET of the previous week, so you have a decent amount of time to get your rounds in. After the 2 round deadline, you have to get your next 2 rounds in before Saturday at 11:59 pm ET.

You can play all 4 rounds before the deadlines, just have to make sure at least 2 rounds are done by that Thursday deadline.

I've said it before on here, but I'm the founder/admin of the True Sim Tour on tgctours.com. What's different about us is we do not use any aids except for Wind direction/speed. You won't see a lot of rounds in the 50's, and we play a similar schedule. Feel free to join tgctours.com as you can play in a aids-friendly tour like the CC or PGA, and also play on the True Sim Tour (TST).

# 13 RIFRIG @ 06/04/17 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idigfoo9
I second this, TGC Tours is amazing.
Is it better than Teetogreens.com?

How do you submit your card at the end of a round in TGC tours?

How do they know if I'm playing Sim or with all the help the game provides?

# 14 Matt10 @ 06/04/17 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG

There is an API that tgctours use from HB studios. This API will grab all your round stats, including your scorecard. Once you are submitting your round you "sign" it digitally.

Tournament directors set up the in-game tournament, and they can decide what aids/help is chosen. For example, I set up the weekly rounds for True Sim Tour, and provide the in-game name.

All tgctours in-game tournaments start with "tgctours.com".

# 15 RIFRIG @ 06/04/17 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
There is an API that tgctours use from HB studios. This API will grab all your round stats, including your scorecard. Once you are submitting your round you "sign" it digitally.

Tournament directors set up the in-game tournament, and they can decide what aids/help is chosen. For example, I set up the weekly rounds for True Sim Tour, and provide the in-game name.

All tgctours in-game tournaments start with "tgctours.com".
Thanks for the reply............Are you switching to TGC2 at release or will there be a delay before that happens?

# 16 DivotMaker @ 06/05/17 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG

Yes, in every way imaginable.

TGC2 support beginning soon after release of the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.