Home

Target Passing In SIM Mode

This is a discussion on Target Passing In SIM Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should target passing in Sim Mode be tuned to take into account QB's accuracy att?
Yes 100 90.09%
No 11 9.91%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2017, 01:44 PM   #25
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Target Passing In SIM Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreSwagassi86
Well target passing is extremely difficult under pressure so I see why accuracy rating isn't needed... you won't be able to successfully use target passing every play ... so I vote keep it the same. Having played the game at EA Play , target passing was something I wanted to jump right into. But was something I could not execute successfully on every down

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
But you're talking about not getting the hang of it in a very small time window. Just think about all the hands that are going to be all over this right when the game drops and we'll get these YT vids popping up showing new money plays with this feature.

At least that's how I see it playing out.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 02:15 PM   #26
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
It seems people here still don't understand the functionality the mechanism.

S/M/D THA ratings are "already" tied to the L stick movement for standard passing attempts.

Why would they replicate a function that's already in use?

If it's really about QB's behaving within the confines of their ratings, then "don't User" the QB and he will behave according.

This is an optional mechanism to use with a high risk/reward attached to it.

Kinda lost why we're polling for this to replicate what's already being used.

Because they supposedly made SIM mode its own separate mode where Attributes are supposed to matter and that is what people want?

I mean, i dont see why its hard to understand to be honest.Offline leagues, sure might not be a big deal, online leagues, its going to be .

We want attributes to matter , If S/M/D are already determined in sim mode based on his accuracies ( even when you user him) why should it not be that way using this mechanic is my question? This is SIM mode we are talking about not comp, not arcade. I have 0 problem with it not effecting it there , but in a mode you claim is made for ratings to really matter , and im pretty sure i heard someone from ea mention not being able to use bad qbs and look like rodgers and brady ( something we have asked for ,for far too long) then that is what we expect to see in the mode , at all times.

Here is an issue it creates. Users figure out how to use the mechanic , then they just pick up some low overall bum QB from FA or after a draft, and torch the league with this bum with low accuracies. Now not only is that totally unrealistic ( SIM) it also allows them to have a very very low paid QB on their roster, who is preforming like brady or rodgers, but being paid hardly anything. This should not happen , it allows much more cap space, wiggle room, etc. They would not even have to upgrade him that much if they learn to use it and still be on point.We dont want these things in online leagues, why? Because nothing about it is realistic.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 08-16-2017, 03:05 PM   #27
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
I'm looking forward to trying it before jumping on the 'makes every QB the same' wagon. I know it doesn't take some ratings into account, but I've seen passes go pretty far off target & uncatchable while using the neutral target passing (I think that's it...the one that isn't tied to any receiver). I'll come back after I've used it

It's totally not related to ratings at all, devs have even said so. The misses you're talking about are simply due to user error
Old 08-16-2017, 03:16 PM   #28
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
It's totally not related to ratings at all, devs have even said so. The misses you're talking about are simply due to user error
I don't get how certain people don't understand this, there's some mental block there. Target passing is not just like L stick sensitivity. With L stick sensitivity there's still a dice roll for short medium and deep accuracy ratings. This will still be present in Madden 18 when target passing isn't activated.

With target passing there is zero dice roll based on ratings and just user error. That's why there is a poll, to get accuracy ratings to matter with target passing.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:18 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:

Right. So since accuracy ratings don't affect it, isn't the user the "accuracy rating" in this situation? You still have to place it yourself after all. If I'm inaccurate with my placement, the ball isn't getting caught. In this scenario, WE, the user, are the accuracy. We have full control. As Khelis said, if you don't want full control, don't use the feature or let the QB auto-throw. As Roadman always says, "as soon as we touch the sticks, a good part of sim is out the window."

As far as receivers adjusting their route to catch it, isn't this how Jaguars receivers make their living in real life? Lol I know when my Niners had Anquan Boldin, half his catches were him having to change his route to catch a ball in his area. True, we don't see the character model turn his head, which you guys will say is an "immersion killer", but some exceptions need to be made to account for the fact this is a video game, right?

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!

Last edited by therealsmallville; 08-16-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:24 PM   #30
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
Right. So since accuracy ratings don't affect it, isn't the user the "accuracy rating" in this situation? You still have to place it yourself after all. If I'm inaccurate with my placement, the ball isn't getting caught. In this scenario, WE, the user, are the accuracy. We have full control. As Khelis said, if you don't want full control, don't use the feature or let the QB auto-throw. As Roadman always says, "as soon as we touch the sticks, a good part of sim is out the window."

As far as receivers adjusting their route to catch it, isn't this how Jaguars receivers make their living in real life? Lol I know when my Niners had Anquan Boldin, half his catches were him having to change his route to catch a ball in his area. True, we don't see the character model turn his head, which you guys will say is an "immersion killer", but some exceptions need to be made to account for the fact this is a video game, right?

And that's my only issue with it. So once users get good with the mechanic they can Blaine Gabbert and make him Tom Brady, they can take Tyrod Taylor and make him John Elway. It's fine for competitive players but sucks for offline CPU users
Old 08-16-2017, 03:30 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
And that's my only issue with it. So once users get good with the mechanic they can Blaine Gabbert and make him Tom Brady, they can take Tyrod Taylor and make him John Elway. It's fine for competitive players but sucks for offline CPU users

I can get behind that. My hope is that once we get our hands on the game, we'll find out that the cpu doesn't give you much time before you're sacked. Madden has historically had poor blocking for the user team and stellar blocking for the cpu, I'm not sure we'llhave a ton of time to find targets (I'm strictly talking the Neutral TP here, not the one tied to receiver icons, against the cpu).

I won't play competitively, so I'll avoid the youtube vids with the tutorials for easy play.

Edit: 2 weeks from now, if I'm lighting it up Brady-style with Brian Hoyer, I'll fully get behind the mindset to change it. Right now, I just want to play it first before making assumptions.

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 04:16 PM   #32
Rookie

All of you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. The game isn't even out yet. Like the other guy said, it's not easy to do. You don't have time to do it every play. Even if you do it, you can still miss. Simfballcritic has videos up where he tries to cheese the WR away from the defender with a target pass and more often than not it would be incomplete. Play the game before making judgement on it. Starting to look like r/Madden in here. We're better than that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »