Home

Target Passing In SIM Mode

This is a discussion on Target Passing In SIM Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should target passing in Sim Mode be tuned to take into account QB's accuracy att?
Yes 100 90.09%
No 11 9.91%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2017, 04:21 PM   #33
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Target Passing In SIM Mode

Coming from somebody who hasn't played yet, but the concept seems very strong. For future iterations, whether it's possible to change by patch or in Madden 19, I would like to see possibly the speed of the target changed depending on ratings, or the radius of the target to be increased inversely with QB accuracy ratings. Also, would like to see WR awareness affect how responsive they are to the change in trajectory. WRs like AJ Green and Antonio Brown can see the ball and make adjustments in their route to go get it, where lesser receivers are slower to react making them likey to be late to the spot leading to incompletions.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 08-16-2017, 05:37 PM   #34
Rookie

Toastandtoaster's Arena

Or we could just bring back the vision cone. I personally thought it one of the most game altering additions that made it a lot more realistic for QB play with very minimal stick skills AND it worked well AND can be turned on or off at any time. I really miss this feature every year and why I love the ps2 era madden/ncaa games. gameplay came first.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-16-2017, 05:54 PM   #35
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastandtoaster
Or we could just bring back the vision cone. I personally thought it one of the most game altering additions that made it a lot more realistic for QB play with very minimal stick skills AND it worked well AND can be turned on or off at any time. I really miss this feature every year and why I love the ps2 era madden/ncaa games. gameplay came first.

Idk if I'd go that far back lol. Let's not tempt the Devs with that idea.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html

Last edited by ThatMichiganFan; 08-16-2017 at 05:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 06:08 PM   #36
Rookie

Toastandtoaster's Arena

I'm not saying we do, but I like how, not even a sports game but any game, there was a feature, it worked like it said it would, it could be turned on or off on a whim and was simple enough for anybody to use. if the target passing passes these criteria, that's a decent feature in a first go. let's not forget this IS a new feature. there will be bugs. there will be criticism. that shouldn't turn people off completely.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:19 AM   #37
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

48- 3 . Well glad to see im not the only one who feels this way. Not surprised.

I know some say, its hard to use, but alot of new things are hard to do at first. Give people a month or so after practicing more with it, i am willing to bet there will be videos out there explaining easy ways to use it, or certain plays it works well with but also makes it sorta easier to use.

My thing is, make attributes matter all the time in sim mode, period.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 08-17-2017, 08:32 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atax1s
All of you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. The game isn't even out yet. Like the other guy said, it's not easy to do. You don't have time to do it every play. Even if you do it, you can still miss. Simfballcritic has videos up where he tries to cheese the WR away from the defender with a target pass and more often than not it would be incomplete. Play the game before making judgement on it. Starting to look like r/Madden in here. We're better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
If it is already hard to do then what difference does it make to you if QB Accuracy ratings are used?

Elite QBs force passes into tight spots and often get away with it but when mediocre QBs try it they pay the penalty and quickly learn that they shouldn't even attempt it.

Big Ben make throws into double coverage because his accuracy is among the best in the world. When Landry Jones comes in the game and attempts the same pass into double coverage it is intercepted. Accuracy matters. Sim Mode should reflect that.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:54 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deiied
If it is already hard to do then what difference does it make to you if QB Accuracy ratings are used?

Elite QBs force passes into tight spots and often get away with it but when mediocre QBs try it they pay the penalty and quickly learn that they shouldn't even attempt it.

Big Ben make throws into double coverage because his accuracy is among the best in the world. When Landry Jones comes in the game and attempts the same pass into double coverage it is intercepted. Accuracy matters. Sim Mode should reflect that.

It's specifically designed to be a user driven skill. If you want ratings to matter, then turn it off and don't use it. Stop trying to change a feature built directly for user input and skill before you've played the game. Making QB accuracies matter defeats the entire purpose of " PRECISION PASSING"

Old 08-17-2017, 11:56 AM   #40
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atax1s
It's specifically designed to be a user driven skill. If you want ratings to matter, then turn it off and don't use it. Stop trying to change a feature built directly for user input and skill before you've played the game. Making QB accuracies matter defeats the entire purpose of " PRECISION PASSING"

Or dont play sim mode if you want johhny football to play like aron rodgers? Just a thought. Kinda why we supposed to have dif modes we were told.Ratings should matter in sim mode.No one is saying it should not be useful, but are saying it should not be something , if practiced enough, to help a lower QB look and play like an elite one. If people want user skill to reign, there is a mode called competitive mode for that i was told.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »