Home
FIFA 16 News Post

The FIFA 16 demo is available now on PlayStation 4 in a few regions. We will update this post when it is available here in the states.

UPDATE: (9-8) The FIFA 16 demo is available now for Xbox 360 and Xbox One. It should be available later this afternoon for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PC users. We will update this post when they arrive.

UPDATE: (9-8) The FIFA 16 demo is available now for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

UPDATE: (9-8) The FIFA 16 demo is available for PC users.

Below are the modes and options available in the FIFA 16 demo.
  • Kick-Off: jump onto the pitch and play a match. When starting the FIFA 16 Demo for the first time on PC, Xbox One, or PS4, you will begin at El Clasico, Real Madrid CF at home to FC Barcelona.
  • FIFA Ultimate Team Draft: experience a brand new way to play - FUT Draft. Make careful decisions as you build a squad, then take them onto the pitch in an offline match.
  • FIFA Trainer: everyone can Compete at a Higher Level in FIFA 16. Check out the FIFA Trainer, a new contextual training system, to pick up some new tips while playing Kick Off or FUT Draft.
  • New Skill Games: as matches are loading experience six of our six new skill games.
  • Bundesliga Broadcast Presentation: (available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC only) experience authentic broadcast graphics when Borussia Dortmund visits Borussia Mönchengladbach at BORUSSIA-PARK.
Teams:
  • FC Barcelona
  • Borussia Dortmund
  • Borussia Mönchengladbach
  • Chelsea FC
  • Inter Milan
  • Manchester City
  • Paris Saint-Germain
  • Real Madrid CF
  • River Plate
  • Seattle Sounders
Women’s National Teams: (Women's National Teams compete exclusively against other Women's National Teams.)
  • Germany
  • United States
Stadiums:
  • Borussia-Park
  • CenturyLink Field
  • Santiago Bernabeu
Play a few matches and post your thoughts!

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 TeleTex82 @ 09/07/15 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Just spent the last few hours playing and overall enjoyed it. Broke up thoughts into sections below.

General Gameplay
  • With default sliders and the "Slow" setting, it already seems a near perfect overall pace. It's basically the pace of last year on "Slow" with adjusted sliders.
  • The AI is definitely harder to break down, and it seems you're far more rewarded for picking out good passes and watching for runs as opposed to putting your head down and running at the defense, or spinning and cutting back repeatedly in order to get a shot on goal. Once again, something that needed sliders to fix it last year.
  • Your defenders are without question smarter and better at keeping shape and defending. It's not perfect, but it's certainly an improvement.

Fouls
  • Certainly not worse than last year, and possibly even better. I saw a red card just a few minutes into the game that was certainly a red, I saw hard tackles with no card, and I saw earned yellow cards. Also saw some small nagging fouls that were called as well.
  • We might be on track for more fouls overall, as I was able to see two fouls per team in one half of play—on four minute halves, that's pretty good.
  • Just as in past years, don't be afraid to slide in hard and pick yourself up a few fouls and cards.

Custom Tactics
  • I'm honestly not sure what to think about these as of now. They seem to be affecting some aspects of gameplay, but it's still hard to make teams play different from one another.
  • It seemed that I could get a team to play long balls, but then when I tried to get Barca to play slowly with possession, they'd still hit it long. Which is good to have variety, but not when it seems so similar to the other tactic.
  • One thing that might help on the full game is actually saving the tactics/team sheets as opposed to just switching them up in the middle of a game.
  • There is a new option added to all players under "Instructions" and it's how aggressively the player tries to intercept the ball.

FIFA 14 was an improvement over 14, and 15 improved on 14. It seems clear that 15 has improved over last year, and as it's been the last few years, it seems that it did it in ways EA didn't market or have as "back of the box" features.

So far, this looks like a promising year for FIFA in terms of gameplay.
To me the tactics will be the make or break factor. It's not going to be enough to get the teams to SORT OF play differently. Can we get Barca to play like Barca? Juve like Juve? Bayern like Bayern? You see this in the PES demo, Helll Robben even runs like Robben. When you're talking about playing multiple seasons of a career mode it's not enough to have some ping pong passing int he mid field or better AI teammates. The experience from game to game has to be different and unique, I hope Fifa 16 can deliver this, I really do.

# 82 TheAwesomeGem @ 09/07/15 08:35 PM
If the custom tactics/player instruction doesn't work, we are going to have ourselves another year of repetitive team style for CPU.

# 83 JHedges2 @ 09/07/15 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
Liking everything I've heard so far. Can't wait to play it tomorrow. Not in enough of a rush to make an account in another country. But also can't wait.
My sentiments EXACTLY!

Everything looks/sounds great. Can't wait...

# 84 rangersftw @ 09/07/15 09:06 PM
Can people in the U.S. expect this at midnight?

# 85 Ryury1112 @ 09/07/15 09:28 PM
Has anyone managed to play it on xbox one yet? Im in NZ and I can't find it in the store?

# 86 RoyceDa59 @ 09/07/15 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAwesomeGem
If the custom tactics/player instruction doesn't work, we are going to have ourselves another year of repetitive team style for CPU.
The gameplay at it's core is solid but pretty much every team in the demo even the women's national teams.

# 87 EvertonianSteeler @ 09/07/15 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersftw
Can people in the U.S. expect this at midnight?
Arrived shortly after midnight in UK so will quite probably do the same in US

# 88 BL8001 @ 09/07/15 09:56 PM
Something people were saying you could do on the beta...

Put players on high aggression intecept

Be the ST. Sit up top and watch your cpu team win the ball back

Repeat over and over again.

I hope EA fixed this for the demo/full game

# 89 Da-Man @ 09/07/15 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyezombie
Is the broadcast camera more zoomed out like in years past, last year it was too close. Any response on this would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
yes its a lot better than 15, im sure you will like it

# 90 dmendenhall_9 @ 09/07/15 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
The gameplay at it's core is solid but pretty much every team in the demo even the women's national teams.
I played around with tactics too and couldn't get much out of it. Did seem like they played a bit deeper when I set the defensive tactics to 0 but yeah seemed like they still played the same offensively when I tried to change those tactics and individual tactics didn't seem too do much either.

The nice thing is the AI plays a much more organic attack right now so tactics would be nice of course it doesn't make the game as unbearable as last year (after playing a career and playing the same damn team style for half a season i couldn't do it anymore).

I play on semi and on world class. Pace is good but pass speed will need to be lower and accuracy. Monglebach (sic) passed it around on me and had 90 something percent passing. There are a lot of really great things in the demo though and with sliders I think there is a really good game here. Just hope tactics work so we can get team styles.

# 91 Krebstar @ 09/07/15 10:50 PM
I messed around with tactics some more, and saw some decent things. I not only played with custom team tactics, but also the instructions.

I was able to get a team to play a far more direct style, and to test it, just lob it too long for your striker so it just goes to the defenders. Then, watch them play it long from defense up the field many times. This was pretty much impossible to replicate in FIFA 15, but very possible in 15.

To give it a go, select Inter as your opponent. Once the game is started, pause, switch sides to them, and input the following team tactics as well as these instructions:

Both forwards: Attacking Runs, Get Behind
Both Fullbacks: Stay back while attacking

Speed 30
Passing 100
Positioning Org

Passing 100
Crossing 65
Shooting 50
Positioning Org

Presssure 35
Aggression 35
Team Width 40
Defender Line Cover

What you should see is the defense play the ball up long, and also cross more often.

Now, reversing these settings to get a team to play slow and with possession is a little more difficult, as even though they'll play shorter passes, they for some reason move up the field very quickly.

Can't wait to play around more tomorrow!

# 92 spike83 @ 09/07/15 11:28 PM
Can somebody please comment on this feature:

Passing with Purpose
A revolution in passing. FIFA 16 lets you play sharp, incisive passes so you can find teammates with precision. Using a new mechanic, ping driven ground passes to find teammates in tight spaces to open up your attacking options.

# 93 BL8001 @ 09/07/15 11:55 PM
Yes you hold RB while passing and its a faster pass.

In the beta there were no issues with the player accepting the pass control wise.

So everyone in the beta just fast passed because why wouldn't you?

Another thing I hope is fixed in the demo/full game

# 94 Resurrection403 @ 09/08/15 01:43 AM
I had a hand ball vs cpu, and scored!

during my free kick i took control of Aguerro so close to teh box, and popped it in. Brilliant!!

# 95 TheAwesomeGem @ 09/08/15 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I messed around with tactics some more, and saw some decent things. I not only played with custom team tactics, but also the instructions.

I was able to get a team to play a far more direct style, and to test it, just lob it too long for your striker so it just goes to the defenders. Then, watch them play it long from defense up the field many times. This was pretty much impossible to replicate in FIFA 15, but very possible in 15.

To give it a go, select Inter as your opponent. Once the game is started, pause, switch sides to them, and input the following team tactics as well as these instructions:

Both forwards: Attacking Runs, Get Behind
Both Fullbacks: Stay back while attacking

Speed 30
Passing 100
Positioning Org

Passing 100
Crossing 65
Shooting 50
Positioning Org

Presssure 35
Aggression 35
Team Width 40
Defender Line Cover

What you should see is the defense play the ball up long, and also cross more often.

Now, reversing these settings to get a team to play slow and with possession is a little more difficult, as even though they'll play shorter passes, they for some reason move up the field very quickly.

Can't wait to play around more tomorrow!
Hopefully the custom tactics works like it did on FIFA 14. Then I am definitely going to enjoy this game for more than 5 months.

# 96 Resurrection403 @ 09/08/15 02:02 AM
omg some of the goals im scoring are so delicious i want the recipe so i can make them over and over again and become a real fatty

# 97 talucchesi @ 09/08/15 02:22 AM
Defending is still way too wide. Your wingers/outside midfielders still man mark ther other teams full backs and this just doesn't happen in real life. This is my only real gripe

Aside from that this is a near PERFECT game. My last Barca game against PSG I think I might have found a work around.

P.S. Playing with the women teams is sooo life-like its almost unreal

# 98 RoyceDa59 @ 09/08/15 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
Defending is still way too wide. Your wingers/outside midfielders still man mark ther other teams full backs and this just doesn't happen in real life. This is my only real gripe

Aside from that this is a near PERFECT game. My last Barca game against PSG I think I might have found a work around.

P.S. Playing with the women teams is sooo life-like its almost unreal
Near perfect? Sorry it is far from it there are some good slices of gameplay happening but it looks like this game will again have to be saved with sliders. Good thing there is hope I guess only thing we can do is wait to see how the final game holds up because the time limit in the demo never lets you get a good feel of a match.

# 99 talucchesi @ 09/08/15 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Near perfect? Sorry it is far from it there are some good slices of gameplay happening but it looks like this game will again have to be saved with sliders. Good thing there is hope I guess only thing we can do is wait to see how the final game holds up because the time limit in the demo never lets you get a good feel of a match.
I was including the idea of using sliders when saying Near perfect

# 100 Lurchi @ 09/08/15 04:51 AM
World Class, Broadcast Camera, Full Manual

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.