PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf 40,000: The Horus Heresy CHAOS DEFEATED; MUTANTS SURVIVE

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

tanglewood
08-23-2006, 09:29 PM
This game will be more complicated than the previous one, but if any of the new players enjoyed St. Cronin's excellent game then you may well enjoy a more full blooded one even more. There will be more roles and everyone will need to be involved to the end, as opposed the rigid run through of major suspects in order that basic games usually turn into during the last 2 or 3 days. Also, any players who haven't played before are more than welcome to make a debut in this game also. Some say it's best to not mess around and jump straight in the deep end anyway.

The game is tentatively slated to start on this coming Tuesday, the 30th August. The date may be pushed back if numbers are not forthcoming, or possibly even brought forward if interest is high and the players agree to do so (I am looking for around 16-18 players, although more are always welcome). Day lynch deadlines will be 9pm EST with the night running through until 9am EST (advance orders for night actions will always be accepted and can have conditional orders contained also) although may be subject to change with advance notice from the GM. Day lynch deadlines will not take place on Saturday or Sunday unless voted for by a majority of active players.

The Master of the Administratum - Fouts
The Inquisitor General of Ordo Hereticus - SirFozzie - Killed Night 2, Loyal Human
The Inquisitor General of Ordo Malleus - GoldenEagle
The Ecclesiarch of the Adeptus Ministorum - Greyroofoo - Executed Day 6, Loyal Human
The Fabricator General of the Adeptus Mechanicus - st.cronin - Killed Night 6, Loyal human
The Grand Provost Marshal of the Adeptus Arbites - kingfc22
The Paternoval Envoy of the Navigators - Saldana
The Master of the Astronomican - twothree - Killed Night 4, Loyal Human
The Grand Master of the Officio Assassinorum - bulletsponge - Executed Day 4, Loyal Human
The Master of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica - Anxiety - Executed Day 3, Chaos Acolyte
The Captain-General of the Adeptus Custodes - path12 - Killed Night 3 - Mutant
The Prince-Primate of the Holy Synod - AlanT - Killed Night 5, Loyal Human
The Lord Commander Millitant of the Imperial Guard - Blade - Resurrected Day 6
Primarch of the Space Wolves - BrianD
Primarch of the Ultramarines - Chief Rum - Killed Night 7, Mutant
Primarch of the Dark Angels - Mustang - Executed Day 5 -- GHOST
Primarch of the Blood Angels - Swaggs
Primarch of the Black Templars - Real Deal - Executed Day 1, Loyal Human

tanglewood
Introduction

This game will be based on the tabletop miniture wargame Warhammer 40,000, hereby WH40k or 40k. 40k is an offshoot of the original Warhammer Fantasy Battles game which is probably more well known and widely played, but in truth is really, really, really boring. WH40k however is not only better in a game mechanic sense but its biggest hook (for me) is a stupendously rich setting that I genuinly feel is the best sci-fi setting ever created. Better than Star Wars, Star Trek, Dune, Blade Runner, everything. WH40k is a huge universe, but this game only focuses on a specific region, a specific conflict and a specific time of the WH40k universe, so encyclopedic knowledge of the setting will not be neccessary to take part. The information I provide should be more than enough for even someone with no knowledge at all of WH40k to take an active and enjoyable role and I will also be more than happy to answer any questions based on the setting from the players (within the bounds of common sense GM restriction of course).

The Warhammer 40,000 Universe

The universe of WH40k can be loosely described as 'dystopian gothic science-fiction', think Star Wars meets 1984 meets the Dark Ages. The bloated Imperium of Man rules with an iron fist over an incalcuable number of star systems with The Emperor at its head, a godlike figure of worship for his citizens, desperatley kept artificially 'alive' for centuries on end for fear of what may happen if he dies. The Imperium is unashameadly facistic, rampantly xenophobic, irrevocably corrupt and technologically stagnant. Its enemies from the outside are many, the alien hive-like hunting creatures the Tyrannids, the monsterous barbaric species named Orks and others, but perhaps the most dangerous is the Chaos. The Chaos are a collection of Daemon Gods who inhabit the Warp, a kind of subspace acessible only to navigators who use it to pilot their ships, who prey on the emotions and stimuli of living flesh. They corrupt souls and bend them to their own demands, feeding on their anguish and burning hatred. As such, although Chaos does posses armies of Daemon warriors, Chaos cannot be combated in the same fashion as the Imperiums other enemies. Many of the elite genetically enhanced Space Marine super soldier legions sent to combat the forces of Chaos have themselves become corrupted and turned on the Imperium. 10,000 years ago, the first of these great Heresys, lead by the Emporer's favourite and most trusted general, Horus, almost ripped the Imperium in two, a shock in truth it has yet to recover from. It is this event that the game is based on and named after.

This post will be general WH40k information about the setting in a non-game related sense and will be updated throughout the game as people ask questions and as notice things fit to add. The next post will provide more detailed specifics about the actual game mechanics.

tanglewood
The strength of the Emperor is Humanity, and the strength of Humanity is the Emperor. If one turns from the other we shall all become the Lost and the Damned.

The Sermons of Sebastian Thor, Vol. XXVII Ch. LXII

The hordes of Chaos brought to Terra by the traitorus Space Marine Horus wreaked horrendus damage on our world, none more so than to the Emperor himself. He was fataly wounded in combat and now is totally dependant on a hideous contraption known as the Golden Throne, a garish machine that feeds him as it drains the life from the thousands of human souls that are 'processed' through it every day. The Emperor must survive, for without him the Imperium itself will fall. His spirit gives us discipline, our dilligence to him gives us salvation, our faith in him gives us strength. The unquestioned faith in the Emperor is the sole thread that strings together the miasma of systems in the Imperium. It is for this reason Chaos will stop at nothing in ending his existence. It is for this reason we must sacrifice our life for his.

Several thousand years have passed since the Chaos forces were repelled from Terra itself, but the war still rages as fiercely as ever. The players are members of the High Lords of Terra, the council formed to rule the Imperium and conduct the war effort in the Emporer's stead whilst he is 'recuperating'. The council is made up of the following positions:

The Master of the Administratum is the head bureaucrat of the Imperium and perhaps the most powerful High Lord on the council. In matters of great debate, the Master of the Administratum will often place the deciding vote and the other High Lords agree to abide by his wish. The Administratum's gargantuan task is the assesment and organisation of all planets in the Imperium, a most difficult task as planets are captured and lost at a far greater rate than they can be processed.

The Inquisitor General of Ordo Malleus is in charge of prosecuting the ever lasting hunt for Chaos agents and sympathisers in the Imperium. He is the man ultimatley responsible for the action of the feared Inquisitor teams, ruthless zealots who are a lethal cross between magistrate and executioner.

The Inquisitor General of Ordo Hereticus is a recently established position, but has gained tremendous power in such a rapid time. Since the intial sweep of Chaos through the Imperium, many hideous mutated creatures have manifested themselves. Whether they are corrupted by Chaos or simply an after-effect of its presence is immaterial, they must be destroyed. The Ordo Hereticus is the mutant hunting equivilent of the Ordo Malleus.

The Ecclesiarch of the Adeptus Ministorum is the head of huge religious apparatus that has built up around the myth of the Emporer's achievements. Whilst the Emperor was alive many on the council saw such worship as a humourus delusion of the masses, but now all believe, or suffer the consequences. There are many variations of worship that the Eccelsiarchy tolerates, as long as the cult promotes the three pillars the Imperium: adherence to duty, obedience to authority and thankfullness to the Emperor.

The Fabricator General of the Adeptus Mechanicus resides on the factory world of Mars, producer of the fleets and armies of the Imperium. Almost all of the Imperium's advanced technology is based on designs thousands of years old from the Golden Age, the time before the Chaos came. The origins, and indeed explainations for how any of it works, of much of the Imperiums designs have been lost for thousands of years, creating an almost cultish belief in the 'magic' of the 'Techpriests' who construct the arcane devices on Mars. As head of the Adeptus Mechanicus, the Fabricator General is responsible for the workings of the Emperor's Golden Throne life support machine. Others know what little they need to fulfill their singular task in its operation, but the Fabricator General is the sole individual who understands the entire process.

The Grand Provost Marshal of the Adeptus Arbites is in charge of Terra's huge and unwieldy police force. Whilst there is no universal galactic law as such, the Adeptus Arbites enforces general principles throughout the Imperium, often ruthlessly. Crime on Terra itself is a major problem in the underdwellings, but left largely unchecked as long as it does not penetrate the higher levels and bother those who truly matter.

The Paternoval Envoy of the Navigators is the elected representative of the Navigator's guild and therefore is de facto in charge of intra-Imperium commerce and trade. Whilst not technically under the Imperium's control, the Navigator's guild and the Imperium generally have the same goals at heart, namely stability, so have established a working relationship, the Paternoval Envoy being the liason officer.

The Master of the Astronomican is repsonsible for the huge galactic monitoring device known as the Astronomican. Allegedly built by the Emperor himself, the Astronomican registers activity in the Warp that may precursor any activity by Chaos. As such, it is perhaps humanity's most important weapon in the fight against the daemon entities.

The Grand Master of the Officio Assassinorum is feared amongst the other High Lords and with good reason. Assasaination squads typically have to be approved by the council before being deployed, either in combat operations or 'special duties', but previous Grand Masters have been known to use the resources under their commands to serve their own goals discreetly.

The Master of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica heads the barely tolerated organisation of psykers and telepaths that are attached to Imperial units in the field and operate in the various departments. Only a small number of humans have the potential for psychic power, but those that do are taken by the Imperium and trained as valuable tools to serve the Emperor. Still, psykers are almost universally distrusted in the Imperium and conversely psykers are always weary of the motives of any 'blunt' they deal with.

The Captain-General of the Adeptus Custodes operates the vast prision ships that orbit Terra. As the Adeptus Arbites and Inquisitor teams often have neither the time nor the patience for trials, suspects are often jailed indefinitley at the first hint of any possible transgression. This has lead to a huge prison population, who would be disposed of except for the contribution they can make in menial labour and as souls to be consumed by the Golden Throne.

The Prince-Primate of the Holy Synod 'enforces' belief in the Emporer's unquestioned divinity amongst the masses. Whilst the Inquisitors deal with extra-human threats, the Prince-Primate deals with humans who are sceptics, rationalists and other dangerous thinkers.

The Lord Commander Millitant of the Imperial Guard is effectively the Chief of Staff for the the Imperial Guard and Imperial Navy. He is the man held ultimately responsible for the war on Chaos and other threats, but due to the sheer vastness of the Imperium, in actuality he has little control over operations.

The Primarchs of the Space Marines are the leaders of the various Space Marine legions, known as Chapters. These genetically enchanced super soldiers are the elite shock troops of the Imperium and operate largely independantly of the rest of the military, with entirely seperate command structures and recruitment procedures. Each Chapter's structure is headed by a Primarch, who caries the original gene from which all the marines in a Chapter are derived from. The majority of the Chapters are fighting on the front lines against various enemies, but they are rotated so that at ony one time as many as seven or eight Chapters could be in Terra undergoing R&R and whilst they are undergoing refit, their Chapter leaders are invited to sit on the council with the High Lords.

In Werewolf 40,000 there are three factions, the Imperium, the Mutants and
the Chaos.

The council holds a vote every day, with the member recieveing the highest number of votes being executed and his soul consumed by the Golden Throne to feed the Emperor.

The Chaos win when their number are on a 1:1 ratio with all non-Chaos players. At this point, they overwhelm the other members of the council and strom the Emperor's chamber, forcibly removing him from the Golden Throne and hence killing him and crippling the Imperium.

The Chaos are led by one Chaos Daemon Lord who has taken human form and is impersonating a member of the council. He is joined by several acolytes, humans who have turned their back on the Imperium either for personal greed and delusions of reward or because the Chaos has corrupted them. The Chaos players may PM each other freely throughout the game and each night attack a player in their quarters, killing them.

The Mutants win if the Imperium defeats Chaos and they still have at least one of their number alive at the end of the game. At this point they will have enough of a proportion of the council to push through new doctrine declaring Mutation no longer an amboniation.

The mutants are 'led' by a Mutant Psyker who has gained some rudimentary psychic powers. He can contact the other mutants in the game by sending out one PM per night. He does not know the idendity of the other mutants, but has a chance of discovering the identity of one every time he sends a night message. The other Mutants know the identity of the Mutant Psyker but not of each other.

The Imperium wins a major victory if the eliminate both Chaos forces and the Mutants by the end of the game. They recieve a minor victory if they vanquish the Chaos, but there are still Mutants remaining.

Various players posses roles which may or may not break any of the rules mentioned in this section. This game is left intentionally unlcear at the beginning, but certain roles have the ability to piece together the game as play progresses.

PMs with roles despcriptions will be sent out on Monday. Players can paraphrase any PMs they recieve from the GM, but may not directly quote from them. The game will start on Day 1.

Greyroofoo
08-23-2006, 09:31 PM
In

DaddyTorgo
08-23-2006, 09:34 PM
in

Chief Rum
08-23-2006, 09:35 PM
In!

st.cronin
08-23-2006, 09:42 PM
in

kingfc22
08-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Time to make my return to WW after a couple games off.

bulletsponge
08-23-2006, 09:51 PM
in, my belly still isnt full from eating villagers last time. i think Chief rum and i will get more attention this game.

http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/images/wolfsmilies/closedgrin.gif

SirFozzie
08-23-2006, 09:51 PM
why not :)

path12
08-23-2006, 09:55 PM
In please.

Greyroofoo
08-23-2006, 10:01 PM
in, my belly still isnt full from eating villagers last time. i think Chief rum and i will get more attention this game.

http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/images/wolfsmilies/closedgrin.gif

Just don't kill me if I'm your ally again, k thx ;)

Swaggs
08-23-2006, 10:17 PM
I'm up for another game.

Barkeep49
08-23-2006, 10:21 PM
With school starting, I best sit this one out.

bulletsponge
08-23-2006, 10:25 PM

i promise nothing http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/images/wolfsmilies/closedgrin.gif

Alan T
08-23-2006, 10:26 PM
I'll play

Lorena
08-23-2006, 10:51 PM
must... not... get... sucked in..

st.cronin
08-23-2006, 10:54 PM

Just sign her up and give her a role.

GoldenEagle
08-23-2006, 10:55 PM
In.

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
08-23-2006, 11:01 PM

Ditto. Going on vacation next week and will have plenty of free time to try to understand wtf is going on.

Of course I don't want to be the dork with a laptop on the beach...

saldana
08-23-2006, 11:20 PM
in

i hate being out early it feels like forever before the next game starts.

Lathum
08-23-2006, 11:43 PM
gonna have to sit this one out, moving next weekend and probably won't have internet for a few days at best.

Fouts
08-24-2006, 12:08 AM
Villager checking in.

twothree
08-24-2006, 12:54 AM
In. Taking the plunge in the deep end after watching the parnoid villagers stake themselves to a loss in the previous WW thread.

Blade6119
08-24-2006, 07:25 AM
why not :)
AWWW CRAP, WERE DOOMED!!!! DOOOOOOMMMMEEEEEDDDD!!!!

in :D

Lorena
08-24-2006, 07:59 AM
Just sign her up and give her a role.

lol

Nah, I'm sitting this one out. If the other game was easy, this one will drive me even more nuts.

I'll sit on the sideline and be taking notes. Good luck everyone!!

GoldenEagle
08-24-2006, 08:35 AM
I am a villager as well.

Do not seek the treasure, I repeat do not seek the treasure.

BrianD
08-24-2006, 08:46 AM
I haven't played since the first couple of WW games, but I'll jump in if there is room.

Fouts
08-24-2006, 08:48 AM
I haven't played since the first couple of WW games, but I'll jump in if there is room.

Welcome back, evil wizard!

BrianD
08-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Welcome back, evil wizard!

Only sometimes. ;)

stevew
08-24-2006, 09:26 AM
I thought it said Werewolf:Hershey Highway.

RealDeal
08-24-2006, 09:48 AM
Haven't done one of these in a while, and I'm in the mood again. Sign me up.

bulletsponge
08-24-2006, 09:59 AM

i might add that all the blood you sucked out of your victim made you extra juicy http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/images/wolfsmilies/Mmmm.gif

SirFozzie
08-24-2006, 10:20 AM
AWWW CRAP, WERE DOOMED!!!! DOOOOOOMMMMEEEEEDDDD!!!!

in :D

Awwww come on Binky, it's not THAT bad... *laughs*

Mustang
08-24-2006, 11:02 AM
Hmm.. A 40K twist.. Since I play 40K I'll have to ask to be included on this one if there is room still.

Abe Sargent
08-24-2006, 12:12 PM
I can't play this round - too busy with training and such.

Abe Sargent
08-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Actually, on second thought, I can play (I didn;t look at the start date) - so count Abe in

Chubby
08-24-2006, 12:17 PM
IN

st.cronin
08-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Wow, another big game.

GoldenEagle
08-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Actually, on second thought, I can play (I didn;t look at the start date) - so count Abe in

FYI, he said the start date could be moved up.

Abe Sargent
08-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Yeah, and as long as it isn't, i'm good to go. But if you guys do want to start early, I'll have to bow out.

Greyroofoo
08-24-2006, 03:42 PM
i might add that all the blood you sucked out of your victim made you extra juicy http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/images/wolfsmilies/Mmmm.gif
Really? I thought Anxiety tasted funny.

And by the way, normal people DON'T SLEEP IN COFFINS!!!!

tanglewood
08-25-2006, 10:05 AM
Yeah, and as long as it isn't, i'm good to go. But if you guys do want to start early, I'll have to bow out.

It's okay, the option of moving it up was just that, an option. I have no qualms keeping it for a Tuesday start.

Just typing the rules up now.

tanglewood
08-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Rules posted.

Alan T
08-25-2006, 04:46 PM
I don't think Daddytorgo will be able to play after all :)

GoldenEagle
08-25-2006, 07:46 PM
in

Due to some lousy moderation decisions, Daddy Torgo will not be partaking in this WW thread.

Blade6119
08-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Due to some lousy moderation decisions, Daddy Torgo will not be partaking in this WW thread.
See what happens when im not a moderator any more? And to think you were all soooo happy

Blade6119
08-25-2006, 07:55 PM
:p

Mustang
08-25-2006, 10:18 PM
I hope I'm the head of the White Scars chapter...

chicks dig guys on bikes.

twothree
08-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Since roles haven't been assigned yet, I have a general strategy question for everyone regarding the Imperium victory conditions.

The Imperium wins a major victory if they eliminate both Chaos forces and the Mutants by the end of the game. They recieve a minor victory if they vanquish the Chaos, but there are still Mutants remaining.

If you were a non-chaos, non-mutant, imperium member, and during the end game, you and your fellow imperium member believed you had the last chaos member identified would you:

Vote to excute him in order to attempt a minor victoy, or hold off on excuting him in order to excute all the mutants you could find first, so that you could attain a major victory.

twothree
08-25-2006, 11:43 PM
Also, another question to ponder, what happens if all the mutants had already been eliminated, but the imperium members did not know this when they were getting ready to execute the supposedly last chaos member? How long do you hold off attempting that last execution while hunting for mutants among your numbers, when there may not be any more mutants?

As a beginner taking the plunge into a werewolf game, have I already been corrupted by chaos. Or, is the obvious answer to just kill anyone you believe (or have been led to believe :D ) is not on your side.

bulletsponge
08-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Also, another question to ponder, what happens if all the mutants had already been eliminated, but the imperium members did not know this when they were getting ready to execute the supposedly last chaos member? How long do you hold off attempting that last execution while hunting for mutants among your numbers, when there may not be any more mutants?

As a beginner taking the plunge into a werewolf game, have I already been corrupted by chaos. Or, is the obvious answer to just kill anyone you believe (or have been led to believe :D ) is not on your side.

uggg Vote twothree

http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/images/wolfsmilies/Ducktoss.gif

Fouts
08-26-2006, 02:25 AM
uggg what? Roles haven't even been passed out.

tanglewood
08-27-2006, 06:11 PM
That's unfortunate about DaddyTorgo, an early casualty already I see...

Bump. Still time to sign up if anyone is interested.

Alan T
08-28-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm ready! Lets get roles out and start this puppy up! I need something to entertain me today!

bulletsponge
08-28-2006, 11:05 AM
me too, i wanna be a wolf again! http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/images/wolfsmilies/Party.gif

tanglewood
08-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Sorry about the delay everybody, the role PMs are being sent out now. Play starts whenever you are all ready. An official short opening post will be put up after the last role has been sent.

Swaggs
08-28-2006, 09:50 PM
I am here. I am going to have a busy couple of days on Tues. and Weds. (especially Tues), but I will do my best to be here a little bit each day.

I just read post #3 with all of the descriptions and wow. This one is going to have a bit of a learning curve, I suspect.

tanglewood
08-28-2006, 10:06 PM
The whole council was aghast as GoldenEagle leant over the body of DaddyTorgo in the central grand hall of the Council of the High Lords of Terra.

"This is Chaos flesh. And his stench is not that of some pathetic minion, but a Lord."

Everyone was taken aback. Firstly at the rapidity of which GoldenEagle had acted upon entering the chamber, immediatley drawing and fining his bolter pistol at DaddyTorgo before he had a chance to react. Secondly, at the severity of the situation. A Chaos Lord infiltrating the very walls of the Council of the High Lords!

"And I can assure you, as true as the Emperor is strong, there is another among us. I smell him."

"I concur," piped up Twothree "everything we know matches up so far. The spike in the Astonomican was too large for a single Chaos Lord, there must be at least one other here with us."

And so the hunt was launched. Chaos had at last suceeded in infiltrating the highest authority in the Imperium with not one, but two, at least!, of it's most devoted followers. They must be eliminated. For if they are not, then man shall fall.

The members of the council and their positions are as follows:

The Master of the Administratum - Fouts
The Inquisitor General of Ordo Hereticus - SirFozzie
The Inquisitor General of Ordo Malleus - GoldenEagle
The Ecclesiarch of the Adeptus Ministorum - Greyroofoo
The Fabricator General of the Adeptus Mechanicus - st.cronin
The Grand Provost Marshal of the Adeptus Arbites - kingfc22
The Paternoval Envoy of the Navigators - Saldana
The Master of the Astronomican - twothree
The Grand Master of the Officio Assassinorum - bulletsponge
The Master of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica - Anxiety
The Captain-General of the Adeptus Custodes - path12
The Prince-Primate of the Holy Synod - AlanT
The Lord Commander Millitant of the Imperial Guard - Blade
Primarch of the Space Wolves - BrianD
Primarch of the Ultramarines - Chief Rum
Primarch of the Dark Angels - Mustang
Primarch of the Blood Angels - Swaggs
Primarch of the Black Templars - Real Deal

Deadline for the lynch on Day One is Tuesday, 9PM EST

tanglewood
08-28-2006, 10:10 PM
No quoting from any PMs recieved from the GM (me). Paraphrasing is perfectly fine, but any direct quotes are forbidden.

Abe Sargent
08-28-2006, 10:29 PM
Interesting. I need to review the rules more I suppose

Alan T
08-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Im good and Im checking in.. not sure how everyone else's roles fit in with mine, so going to reread back up

Mustang
08-28-2006, 10:55 PM
I'll have to put my faith behind twothree that he is not representing Chaos.. I can not imagine that if he was part of Chaos that he would have verified that the astronomican indicated a larger Chaos presence so willingly...

twothree
08-28-2006, 11:11 PM
"I concur," piped up Twothree "everything we know matches up so far. The spike in the Astonomican was too large for a single Chaos Lord, there must be at least one other here with us."As the Master of the Astronomican, I take full responsibility for allowing the Chaos Lords to infiltrate our council's grand hall. I was on my way to report the spike that registered in the Warp, but as you can see I was not fast enough.

Let me remind you that the Astronomican may be our best weapon in the fight against the remaining Chaos Lords. And, I have started an immediate investigation into the possibilities of using the Astronomican to detect the presence of the daemons among us.

bulletsponge
08-28-2006, 11:21 PM
wolf checking in http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/images/wolfsmilies/eyeroll.gif

Alan T
08-28-2006, 11:25 PM
wolf checking in http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/images/wolfsmilies/eyeroll.gif

I might just vote for you to get rid of the wolf icons.

kingfc22
08-28-2006, 11:27 PM
Interesting that everyone's title is out there.

bulletsponge
08-28-2006, 11:31 PM
Nooo poor wolfies http://www.figarou.com/images/knockhatoff.gif http://img150.echo.cx/img150/9034/wetwolf26sh.gif

hmmm, maybe i should test my assassins out on someone

bulletsponge
08-28-2006, 11:33 PM

yea, when i read my role i got excited, then i found out everyone knows it. i have a feeling ill be dead soon

twothree
08-28-2006, 11:36 PM

Yeah, I figure either myself or one of the two Inquisitor General will not make it past the first night action. Unless the night actions are restricted on the first night.

twothree
08-28-2006, 11:44 PM
yea, when i read my role i got excited, then i found out everyone knows it. i have a feeling ill be dead soon

(cowers in front of bulletsponge)

Why would we suspect The Grand Master of the Officio Assassinorum as a Lord of Chaos? You have served the emperor loyally for many years.

kingfc22
08-28-2006, 11:45 PM

I agree.

SirFozzie
08-28-2006, 11:53 PM
(this is WH 40K knowledge here)

The Navigator's Guild and the Master of Astronomican. The two guilds that have the most contact with the Warp, the stuff of Chaos. As the leader of the guild that hunts down and eliminates heretics, Chaos and mutants, while I have no personal reason to distrust Saldana and twothree.. will need to keep an eye on you.

tanglewood
08-28-2006, 11:54 PM
Interesting. I need to review the rules more I suppose

Remember, if anyone wants anything clarified or explained further, in regards to game mechanics, their role or just the general WH40k setting, then they can either post in the thread or PM me and I'll be happy to oblige.

Fouts
08-29-2006, 12:09 AM
It looks like I am in charge. Let me assure you, I cannot be bribed. ;)

Ok, wrong game. I expect all reports on my desk by 8pm sharp!

path12
08-29-2006, 12:11 AM
I am here to faithfully serve the Emperor.

Let's kick the discussion off. Who needs protecting most? I have a two person high security cell for use at night.

Offhand I believe st cronin is the only one who knows the entire procedure for keeping the Emperor alive and it seems to me would be a prime candidate for security. I have to go through the roles again but want to get anybody elses thoughts about protection and who most needs it.

path12
08-29-2006, 12:16 AM
One caveat upon rereading the role. It may be the case that the two in the cell can interact with each other, so obviously caution will be needed. Do we know if mutants can convert? If not, then we would only have to worry about putting Chaos in the cell with non-Chaos.

Fouts
08-29-2006, 12:30 AM
Well there are 18 of us, so what do we figure? 14-2-2 or 12-3-3?

The Chaos win if they get to 1:1, which includes mutants. For the chaos it would be 16-2 or 15-3. These numbers make me believe there are (at least) 3 chaos members.

Also, conversions don't seem to fit in with the ruleset to me. We (the Imperium) would like to eliminate both chaos and mutant. 12-6 seems like alot, but more likely since we don't have to eliminate mutants.

path12
08-29-2006, 12:36 AM
12-3-3 sounds about right to me. And I agree that conversions sound unlikely at that ratio, but I was wondering if anyone knew for sure. It sounds from the setup that there are many of us with different bits of knowledge that we're going to have to piece together.

I don't know this setting at all BTW, so I may have some questions as we go along.

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 12:37 AM
checking in

Chief Rum
08-29-2006, 12:41 AM
Man, I am the leader of a chapter of super-marines, and I can't kill anything? That sucks. :)

Well, hopefully I kill something in one of tanglewood's end of day-night scenarios.

Seriously, I will have to review the roles to determine who deserves a vote. IMO, selecting the position of the player to vote out might be more important in this game than the WW history of the player playing that role.

Fouts
08-29-2006, 12:44 AM
Man, I am the leader of a chapter of super-marines, and I can't kill anything? That sucks. :)

Well, hopefully I kill something in one of tanglewood's end of day-night scenarios.

Seriously, I will have to review the roles to determine who deserves a vote. IMO, selecting the position of the player to vote out might be more important in this game than the WW history of the player playing that role.

Agreed. Like the spawn game, we need to make sure we aren't killing off somebody that has some information we need later in the game.

Mustang
08-29-2006, 12:51 AM

Considering you have the same colors as the Indianapolis Colts.. you can't kill anything.. they can't win anything. :D

http://www.minivault.com/images/UltraSergeantLeft.JPG

Abe Sargent
08-29-2006, 01:39 AM
Ouch, Mustang. Nice

Chief Rum
08-29-2006, 07:35 AM
I hate to have to leave so early on these days. Once again, I will be leaving for work, and I have no access to the site until late tonight, after working both jobs. Stupid Tuesdays. :(

That means I have to vote now, before I can properly consider the ramifications of everything in the vote. Well, take that into consideration, then, because my vote has little backing to it. I decided to select the most proven veteran amongst the Primarchs (the weakest of the roles, I assume). Sorry, Charlie. I'm sure it will change in future days when I have more to go on.

VOTE SWAGGS

RealDeal
08-29-2006, 07:56 AM
I don't know if it is this way for the other Primarchs, but at least for me, I cannot be killed at night. In other words, I can only be lynched. Someone should scan me early in the game, so I can be confirmed as a safe guy. If so, then we will have a leg up from early on.

Alan T
08-29-2006, 08:16 AM
I don't know if it is this way for the other Primarchs, but at least for me, I cannot be killed at night. In other words, I can only be lynched. Someone should scan me early in the game, so I can be confirmed as a safe guy. If so, then we will have a leg up from early on.

I have a strong feeling others have a similar ability to not being able to be killed at night too.. but I don't think its a good idea to give that information out just yet honestly. The Hypothetical people who can't be killed at night -want- an attack on them, since it wastes a night action by the bad guys.

BrianD
08-29-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm also checking in while I re-read all of the roles and the setting info. Please note that Space Wolves are nothing like Werewolves. We kick ass, but we don't eat it.

RealDeal
08-29-2006, 09:13 AM
I have a strong feeling others have a similar ability to not being able to be killed at night too.. but I don't think its a good idea to give that information out just yet honestly. The Hypothetical people who can't be killed at night -want- an attack on them, since it wastes a night action by the bad guys.

Yeah I realize that, but I also realized that if I waited until later to give this info, it would not be as credible as if I came out with it up front. Like I said, if I am scanned early, then it gives the good guys a confirmed good guy early in the game which is useful.

Alan T
08-29-2006, 09:14 AM
Day 1 vote, don't have much to go on for mostly anyone.

Vote bulletsponge

Said at the end of last game, next time he was a wolf he wanted to just come out openly saying he was a wolf and see if he could last out in the open. So far he's been doing that this game, so might as well vote for him without anyone else to choose.

bulletsponge
08-29-2006, 09:15 AM
these roles are complicated.

bulletsponge
08-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Day 1 vote, don't have much to go on for mostly anyone.

Vote bulletsponge

Said at the end of last game, next time he was a wolf he wanted to just come out openly saying he was a wolf and see if he could last out in the open. So far he's been doing that this game, so might as well vote for him without anyone else to choose.

hehe, just for that vote you get this http://www.figarou.com/images/panting.gif

st.cronin
08-29-2006, 09:35 AM
I'll have a vote later on today.

BrianD
08-29-2006, 09:47 AM
On the question of who to protect, I'm thinking twothree might be important. If he can detect Chaos activity, he may also be able to find them before they strike.

I'm going to keep my eye on SirFozzie. The Inquisitor General of Ordo Hereticus would be a perfect place for an infiltrator to land....plus I've still got a grudge against him for (rightly) knocking me out of an earlier game. :)

saldana
08-29-2006, 09:56 AM
i always wanted to say this.....Paternoval Envoy checking in :)

just fyi, my work schedule is a bit screwy this week because one of the people in my office is on vacation. as a result, i wont be around in early afternoon, but should have no problem around the deadline

that said...i am going to deviate from my normal vengance on day one plan and vote for someone who has already set the Imperium back with a foolish reveal that has already cost us an asset.

vote realdeal

SirFozzie
08-29-2006, 09:58 AM
[QUOTE=BrianDI'm going to keep my eye on SirFozzie. The Inquisitor General of Ordo Hereticus would be a perfect place for an infiltrator to land....plus I've still got a grudge against him for (rightly) knocking me out of an earlier game. :)[/QUOTE]

For once, I think we're on the same side. At least I hope we're on the same side...

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Considering you have the same colors as the Indianapolis Colts.. you can't kill anything.. they can't win anything. :D

http://www.minivault.com/images/UltraSergeantLeft.JPG
VOTE CHIEF RUM

That piture is just too priceless, chief deserves to die if thats what he looks like.

saldana
08-29-2006, 10:05 AM
you just want to vote for him because he escaped you last game ;)

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 10:06 AM
you just want to vote for him because he escaped you last game ;)
I dont know what your talking about :rolleyes: :p

BrianD
08-29-2006, 10:10 AM
For once, I think we're on the same side. At least I hope we're on the same side...

We'll see about that. :)

RealDeal
08-29-2006, 10:13 AM
i always wanted to say this.....Paternoval Envoy checking in :)

just fyi, my work schedule is a bit screwy this week because one of the people in my office is on vacation. as a result, i wont be around in early afternoon, but should have no problem around the deadline

that said...i am going to deviate from my normal vengance on day one plan and vote for someone who has already set the Imperium back with a foolish reveal that has already cost us an asset.

vote realdeal

I disagree Saldana. I am a bigger asset by revealing my invulnerability early than I am by hiding this. Having a confirmed good guy who is invulnerable to bad guy attacks is very valuable early game.

If I had a scan or protect ability, I agree that an early reveal would be foolish, but this is exactly the type of ability it is wise to reveal early. The only way I can die is if the good guys mistakenly lynch me. So why not get this out now when it is credible than waiting later in the game and pulling this out when it will seem like I made it up.

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 10:16 AM
Dola,

UNVOTE CHIEF RUM

VOTE ST. CRONIN

Found this nifty site:
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Read over most of the roles in the game to get a better understanding. What makes me vote cronin today is one line in his roles bio: "Most significantly, the Adeptus Mechanicus follow a different religion from the Imperial cult and its derivatives."

Its day one, and thats good enough for me today

SirFozzie
08-29-2006, 10:16 AM
Real: You'll forgive me if I find your role reveal a bit too convenient? "Oh I'm a good guy and I can't be killed at night, so the only way this good guy dies is if you lynch me?"

You might be telling the truth, but just remember, there are folks who may not take it at face value.

RealDeal
08-29-2006, 10:18 AM
I know Fozzie. That's why I said that it makes sense for me to get scanned early by whoever has that ability.

BrianD
08-29-2006, 10:20 AM
If true, the reveal seems to help Real more than the rest of us. You can avoid getting accidentally killed, but you ensure that the Chaos won't waste an attack on you. Wasted attacks give the rest of us more chance to find them.

Alan T
08-29-2006, 10:22 AM
If true, the reveal seems to help Real more than the rest of us. You can avoid getting accidentally killed, but you ensure that the Chaos won't waste an attack on you. Wasted attacks give the rest of us more chance to find them.

Thats what my point was. By his coming out now, it saved them 1 night action possibly.

RealDeal
08-29-2006, 10:24 AM
The value of having a confirmed invulnerable good guy early in the game is much higher than the value of wasting one night action. They can only beat us if they get a 1:1 ratio, and the bad guys probably don't have more than 2 or 3 members. So a relatively low number of confirmed good guys is a powerful core early in the game.

saldana
08-29-2006, 10:24 AM
I disagree Saldana. I am a bigger asset by revealing my invulnerability early than I am by hiding this. Having a confirmed good guy who is invulnerable to bad guy attacks is very valuable early game.

If I had a scan or protect ability, I agree that an early reveal would be foolish, but this is exactly the type of ability it is wise to reveal early. The only way I can die is if the good guys mistakenly lynch me. So why not get this out now when it is credible than waiting later in the game and pulling this out when it will seem like I made it up.

how is giving away the chance to have a kill free night an even exchange for an unverified "good guy reveal"?? we have no idea what your role really is, and we dont even know if we have a seer by the conventional sense of the word to help us find out. rememeber, tangle has said that the game is supposed to be nebulous at the start....wouldnt surprise me one bit if that translates into not having a black vs. white seer role. the only way your reveal does what YOU say it does is if all of us blindly choose to believe it...which would be incredibly stupid on our parts. as far as begging to be scanned, your play right now SCREAMS "cunning wolf".

saldana
08-29-2006, 10:26 AM
The value of having a confirmed invulnerable good guy early in the game is much higher than the value of wasting one night action. They can only beat us if they get a 1:1 ratio, and the bad guys probably don't have more than 2 or 3 members. So a relatively low number of confirmed good guys is a powerful core early in the game.

stop saying you are confirmed....you saying that you are a good guy is NOT confirmation of anything....you are currently at top of my suspects list, not at the top of my trust list, so please stop acting like you just won the game

BrianD
08-29-2006, 10:33 AM

I agree that you are not confirmed yet, but I see your point. It is hard for them to get a 1:1 ratio if the CAN'T kill you and we DON'T kill you. It isn't a strategy I would have gone with (assuming you are telling the truth), but I understand it. You'd better hope that someone can confirm what you say, otherwise you will be high on the suspect list.

Fouts
08-29-2006, 10:34 AM
I don't think one of the bad guys would make the move realdeal has made so early in the game.

BTW, reading everyone's title confuses the hell out of me.

RealDeal
08-29-2006, 10:34 AM
I haven't said I was confirmed. I said I needed to be confirmed.

Just generally, I think it is dumb to keep non-critical information to themselves for big chunks of the game. I've played in 5 or 6 WW games and read pretty much all of them and over and over you see the first few turns wasted and important roles killed because people are just guessing in the first few turns.

I'm not a seer or a bodyguard. If I were, then I wouldn't be revealing turn 1. But in this game, my only real value is that I can't be killed at night. The value from that comes in revealing it early, and giving people some sort of info to work off of instead of pissing blind for three or four turns.

Fouts
08-29-2006, 10:39 AM
I grow tired of the wolf icons, plus I don't like his role as an assassin.

vote bulletsponge

BrianD
08-29-2006, 10:49 AM
Just to get the paranoia rolling...Saldana, why are you so vocal about RealDeal "revealing" his role? Could it be that you are trying to get us to lynch him since you believe you won't be able to kill him?

saldana
08-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Just to get the paranoia rolling...Saldana, why are you so vocal about RealDeal "revealing" his role? Could it be that you are trying to get us to lynch him since you believe you won't be able to kill him?

not at all brian, and i have no problem with you asking....i think it was a foolish move and will most likely hurt us in the end because it has shrunken the list of targets for the wolves....they want to kill the seer, they want to kill the bodyguard, assuming we have those roles on our side...when realdeal comes out 3 posts into the game and says he cant be killed at night, and he bets the other people with the same title cant either, that just narrowed down the list of targets from 12 or 14 to a smaller number...he helped the wolves by revealing, not us.

saldana
08-29-2006, 10:54 AM
dola, i am out for work, i will be able to get back on around 6.

GoldenEagle
08-29-2006, 11:07 AM
I am here to kill off all versions of Chaos and keep the Imperium alive. I have already proven this claim with the slaying of Daddy Torgo.

I will be voting later today.

twothree
08-29-2006, 12:23 PM
I am casting my vote by using a random selection on the first day. It seems to be about as effective as any other day 1 voting strategy.

vote Anxiety

Swaggs
08-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Vote for Bulletsponge

There is rarely anything concrete on day 1 and I hate to hold people's roles against them, but I am going with bullet today.

I won't really hold Real Deal's reveal (whether true or false) against him, because he is probably just trying to put that out there to save his own behind and give the wolves something to think about should they attack him tonight. He could be bluffing and be the seer or bodyguard or whatever. It was probably a selfish move, but it will probably also keep him from getting attacked tonight, so, although I wouldn't have done it, good play in my book.

BrianD
08-29-2006, 12:43 PM
I agree that RealDeal should get a pass tonight to give any possible seers a chance to act. I don't know if I agree that the Assassin should get knocked off right away. It seems like that could be a position with some cool abilities and we might be weakening ourselves. Of course cool abilities in the wrong hands wouldn't be so cool.

kingfc22
08-29-2006, 01:01 PM
Vote Mustang

No reason. Just the title of his role sounds evil. So he must be evil right?:confused:

bulletsponge
08-29-2006, 01:28 PM
I grow tired of the wolf icons, plus I don't like his role as an assassin.

vote bulletsponge

odd, i feal my role would seem most likely a villager role, not a wolf. and you dont like my wolf gifs? :(

damn o forgot who i was going to vote for.

ohh yea Vote Chief Rum

first hand experience tells me not to trust him

st.cronin
08-29-2006, 01:34 PM
I am here to faithfully serve the Emperor.

Let's kick the discussion off. Who needs protecting most? I have a two person high security cell for use at night.

Offhand I believe st cronin is the only one who knows the entire procedure for keeping the Emperor alive and it seems to me would be a prime candidate for security. I have to go through the roles again but want to get anybody elses thoughts about protection and who most needs it.

This is somewhat true, but my role pm makes me think I'm pretty expendable. What would be the ramifications of the emperor dying, anyway?

BrianD
08-29-2006, 01:36 PM
This is somewhat true, but my role pm makes me think I'm pretty expendable. What would be the ramifications of the emperor dying, anyway?

The complete and utter breakdown of our society?

Mustang
08-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Vote Mustang

No reason. Just the title of his role sounds evil. So he must be evil right?:confused:

*L*

Well, off that, we should be nominating BrianD because he is head of the Space Wolves and they do have the 13th company which is a bunch of werewolves. :)

Although.. way too conventient so, no way I'd vote BrianD. Just surprised no one has jokingly brought this up.

Alan T
08-29-2006, 01:37 PM

True believers of our faith would be willing to sacrifice their own lives to save the emperor just as he saved humanity if the cause would come up. All on our side owe him eternal debt, so the thought of letting him die should not even be entertained.

BrianD
08-29-2006, 01:37 PM
*L*

Well, off that, we should be nominating BrianD because he is head of the Space Wolves and they do have the 13th company which is a bunch of werewolves. :)

Although.. way too conventient so, no way I'd vote BrianD. Just surprised no one has jokingly brought this up.

I tried to head that off earlier. :)

st.cronin
08-29-2006, 01:38 PM
I agree with saldana that realdeal's reveal was a poor move. The right way to play that role (if it's true) is to try and get the bad guys to attack you at night. If you're not a badguy, there's no way they attack you now. Which is bad for the village; we want the bad guys wasting attacks.

VOTE BRIAND

No real reason.

bulletsponge
08-29-2006, 01:40 PM

i bet the ramifications are hidden. but as a loyal servent i am willing to die for you, or more importantly assassinate for you my lord. just point your finger at someone and one of my leathal assassins will get to work

st.cronin
08-29-2006, 01:40 PM
True believers of our faith would be willing to sacrifice their own lives to save the emperor just as he saved humanity if the cause would come up. All on our side owe him eternal debt, so the thought of letting him die should not even be entertained.

I am not talking about letting him die - I am wondering what the ramifications might be if he were to die. Would chaos immediately win?

bulletsponge
08-29-2006, 01:41 PM
i bet the ramifications are hidden. but as a loyal servent i am willing to die for you, or more importantly assassinate for you my lord. just point your finger at someone and one of my leathal assassins will get to work

dola, i meant fouts. wait... fouts wants me dead!!!

Alan T
08-29-2006, 01:43 PM
I am not talking about letting him die - I am wondering what the ramifications might be if he were to die. Would chaos immediately win?

If he dies, we are crippled forever. As far as I know though, they will be unable to get to the emperor as long as our numbers remain sufficient enough to prevent them from storming the throne.

tanglewood
08-29-2006, 01:46 PM

If the Emperor dies, Chaos wins the game.

BrianD
08-29-2006, 01:47 PM

I think he dies if the chaos wins, and he lives if the chaos is defeted. His life isn't at play during the game.

Edit: So he can die during the course of the game? I guess I'll have to re-read the game rules again.

Mustang
08-29-2006, 01:49 PM

No one person is the Emperor. If they were, they would be very very quiet. The Emperor has been hooked up to the Golden Throne for ages.

GoldenEagle
08-29-2006, 01:51 PM
It is my job to protect the Emperor at all times. I will not let the Emperor die. It is also my job to stomp out all of the evil Chaos.

I can smell a Chaos. There is one among us right now as we speak....

tanglewood
08-29-2006, 01:54 PM
I think he dies if the chaos wins, and he lives if the chaos is defeted. His life isn't at play during the game.

Edit: So he can die during the course of the game? I guess I'll have to re-read the game rules again.

The goal of Chaos at all times during the game is to destroy the Emperor. If the Emperor dies the Imperium (the 'good' guys) instantaneously lose.

Alan T
08-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Just a note, don't edit posts in WW games. Just do a dola and quote with whatever you want to add.

First time no harm no foul.
Second time we cut off your hands!

st.cronin
08-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Better the Golden Throne than the Porcelain Throne, I suppose.

bulletsponge
08-29-2006, 02:05 PM
Just a note, don't edit posts in WW games. Just do a dola and quote with whatever you want to add.

and you dont want to know what happens the third time. kiss your 2 best friends goodbye :eek:

tanglewood
08-29-2006, 02:07 PM

Good catch, I missed that.

No editing of posts under any circumstances is allowed. Even to correct a spelling mistake or grammatical error. Just post dola instead.

st.cronin
08-29-2006, 02:10 PM
when playing werewolf it's important you pretend you jbmagic.

Fouts
08-29-2006, 02:14 PM
It is my job to protect the Emperor at all times. I will not let the Emperor die. It is also my job to stomp out all of the evil Chaos.

Well, point us in the right direction.

Fouts
08-29-2006, 02:16 PM
dola, i meant fouts. wait... fouts wants me dead!!!

I don't trust assassin types. Right now, the chance of you being chaos are as good as any. Unless I see some other information, I won't be changing my vote.

BrianD
08-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Good catch, I missed that.

No editing of posts under any circumstances is allowed. Even to correct a spelling mistake or grammatical error. Just post dola instead.

Sorry about that, I had forgotten the rule against editing. I won't do it again as I'd like to keep all of my parts. :)

tanglewood
08-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Current Day 1 Vote Count

bulletsponge 3 - AlanT, Fouts, Swaggs
Swaggs 1 - Chief Rum
RealDeal 1 - saldana
st.cronin 1 - Blade
Anxiety 1 - twothree
Mustang 1 - kingfc22
Chief Rum 1 - bulletsponge
BrianD 1 - st.cronin

Yet To Vote: SirFozzie, GoldenEagle, Greyroofoo, Anxiety, path12, BrianD, Mustang, RealDeal

BrianD
08-29-2006, 02:18 PM

So is this a general statement that there are still Chaos in the game, or was this more pointed to say that someone in the current conversation was a Chaos?

Fouts
08-29-2006, 02:22 PM
So is this a general statement that there are still Chaos in the game, or was this more pointed to say that someone in the current conversation was a Chaos?

Good question. I took it to mean that it was someone involved in the conversation when he said it. Those conversing approx the last 10 minutes before his post;

Mustang
BrianD
Tanglewood
Alan
bullet
st.cronin

path12
08-29-2006, 02:32 PM

Now that we know that the emperor must stay alive, I guess the next question would be something along the lines of: if st. cronin dies then and there's nobody else who knows the entire procedure for keeping the machine going, would that trigger a sudden emperor death or would we have a certain amount of time to get rid of the Chaos?

Unless we know one way or the other with some degree of certainty, I think we need to keep st. cronin alive and protected.

I don't like the Real Deal reveal. So for now,

VOTE REAL DEAL

First day vote, subject to change, blah blah blah......

path12
08-29-2006, 02:34 PM

I'd think even if he has some kind of seer role, that day 1 he likely doesn't have any more information than any of the rest of us and that his comment was more general. Would like to have GE clarify though.

Alan T
08-29-2006, 02:39 PM
I'd think even if he has some kind of seer role, that day 1 he likely doesn't have any more information than any of the rest of us and that his comment was more general. Would like to have GE clarify though.

There have been roles before that allow people to know vague information about other people voting with them, or in a conversation at the same time or such. I don't think it can automatically be assumed that he doesn't have the ability to send a PM as a day move to get information on "something". His job is afterall to hunt out the chaos. He has to have -some- tools to do so.

Mustang
08-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Now that we know that the emperor must stay alive, I guess the next question would be something along the lines of: if st. cronin dies then and there's nobody else who knows the entire procedure for keeping the machine going, would that trigger a sudden emperor death or would we have a certain amount of time to get rid of the Chaos?

The group that is responsible for keeping the emperor alive will still be there so, I would not expect that if st. cronin dies the emperor would be in any immediate peril.

Mustang
08-29-2006, 02:53 PM
Vote Kingfc22

No reason other than 1st day tit for tat. :p (And that I have a gawd awful headache and need to lay down. Last game I forgot to vote on day 1 and ewwww weeee... don't want to go down that path again)

I have no reason to hold what realdeal has done against him or to pile on Bulletsponge for gifs. (Although, kinda like them myself...)

bulletsponge
08-29-2006, 03:12 PM
Vote Kingfc22

No reason other than 1st day tit for tat. :p (And that I have a gawd awful headache and need to lay down. Last game I forgot to vote on day 1 and ewwww weeee... don't want to go down that path again)

I have no reason to hold what realdeal has done against him or to pile on Bulletsponge for gifs. (Although, kinda like them myself...)

well im glad someone likes my wolf smileys http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/images/wolfsmilies/cool.gif

if anyone wants to know where i get them from PM me.

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 03:20 PM
F**CKING DESK JOBS!!!

BrianD
08-29-2006, 03:21 PM
Anyone been hanging around here today but not saying much?

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 03:23 PM
Good question. I took it to mean that it was someone involved in the conversation when he said it. Those conversing approx the last 10 minutes before his post;

Mustang
BrianD
Tanglewood
Alan
bullet
st.cronin
Tangle is the admin, so i doubt its him.

As for GE, he killed torgo based on smell. So i assumed he recieved a PM saying he smelled one during that conversation.

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Anyone been hanging around here today but not saying much?
Me...the un-appreciated war hero who basically is a political symbol now...GET ME OUT OF THE DAMN OFFICE AND BACK ONTO THE FIELDS OF WAR!!!!!

Fouts
08-29-2006, 03:25 PM
well im glad someone likes my wolf smileys http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/images/wolfsmilies/cool.gif

if anyone wants to know where i get them from PM me.

Or we could right click and select properties. http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/images/wolfsmilies/CafinatedWolf.gif

bulletsponge
08-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Or we could right click and select properties. http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/images/wolfsmilies/CafinatedWolf.gif

whoa, your wolf looks like he coked out of his mind! http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/images/wolfsmilies/Duckienukebombsoot

RealDeal
08-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Well, not having a lot to go on except what might be a hint from GE:

Mustang
BrianD
Tanglewood
Alan
bullet
st.cronin

Currently bullet has the most votes, and I believe that BrianD, Mustang and St. Cronin all have at least one vote from this list. I don't want to see a bandwagon vote on the first day because we get no info, so I will vote for one of the three with one vote to tighten things up. From this list, I'm basically picking randomly.

Vote Mustang

GoldenEagle
08-29-2006, 03:34 PM
As for GE, he killed torgo based on smell. So i assumed he recieved a PM saying he smelled one during that conversation.

It says right there in the post that I smelled one.

GoldenEagle
08-29-2006, 03:35 PM
Dola,

Post #59. Sorry for not giving the post number.

bulletsponge
dola odd it didnt work that time

BrianD
Tangle is the admin, so i doubt its him.

Torgo is also in the box, so it was convenient to use him as a game starter.

st.cronin
08-29-2006, 03:52 PM
The group that is responsible for keeping the emperor alive will still be there so, I would not expect that if st. cronin dies the emperor would be in any immediate peril.

I think this is true - I suspect I am expendable.

It says right there in the post that I smelled one.

Have you smelled another one, besides DaddyTorgo?

RealDeal
08-29-2006, 03:56 PM
I think this is true - I suspect I am expendable.

Have you smelled another one, besides DaddyTorgo?

I assumed that he did smell one other than Torgo because Torgo was never "among us".

BrianD
08-29-2006, 03:58 PM
I don't really know what to do with this vote, but since he voted for me...

Vote st.cronin

...for now.

GoldenEagle
08-29-2006, 03:59 PM
I do not think RealDeal is bad and here is why: He is challenging a seer to view him tonight. Is that something a chaos or mutant would want? He is throwing his name out in the ring and saying come and get me. It does not make much sense in either direction, but it makes more sense if he is one of us.

st.cronin
08-29-2006, 04:00 PM
I assumed that he did smell one other than Torgo because Torgo was never "among us".

Except that the post he referenced was #59. If he did smell another one, it would be helpful if he could give us some more info. He should also clear up IF he smelled another one, because I'm still a little puzzled on that point.

BrianD
08-29-2006, 04:01 PM
I changed my mind, st.cronin's knowledge of the Emperor's throne seems important.

Unvote st.cronin
Vote Greyroofoo

His job seems less essential.

SirFozzie
08-29-2006, 04:01 PM
he could be hoping that the seer would say "If I scan him and he's not.. then I've wasted a scan.. best to take him at his word."

Or... he could be trying a 1-1 switch. Chaos with the abilty to take someone down with him, maybe? Seer scans him, finds out what he is, and announces it to the world, exposing the seer.

Again, don't take him at his word, but don't automatically assume he's lying either.

BrianD
08-29-2006, 04:02 PM
Except that the post he referenced was #59. If he did smell another one, it would be helpful if he could give us some more info. He should also clear up IF he smelled another one, because I'm still a little puzzled on that point.

Maybe he was smelling himself...

st.cronin
08-29-2006, 04:07 PM
he could be hoping that the seer would say "If I scan him and he's not.. then I've wasted a scan.. best to take him at his word."

I hope the seer doesn't think this way. A scan that clears is as useful as a scan that condemns. The only wasted scan is when you scan somebody who dies that night.

My own opinion, of course.

Greyroofoo
08-29-2006, 04:08 PM
BrianD

He voted for me and I don't see the Space Marine Primarchs as important.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong about the Primarchs.

Greyroofoo
08-29-2006, 04:08 PM
sorry
vote BrianD

BrianD
08-29-2006, 04:26 PM
BrianD

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong about the Primarchs.

But we are marines. We fight and stuff. Surely that must be important, right? Right?...anyone?...*crickets*. :)

Fouts
08-29-2006, 04:30 PM
It seems the clue from GE was a wild goose chase as he was refering to the game start post. 3.5 hours to go and no new information. At least we have (what seems like) a higher probability of nailing a bad guy than in past games.

path12
08-29-2006, 05:09 PM
I think I'm fine with where my vote is now. Besides, it seems a more expendable role than some others.

On another note, I've made up my mind on who to put in the cell tonight. I don't think it's necessary to make public exactly who.

saldana
08-29-2006, 05:13 PM
I do not think RealDeal is bad and here is why: He is challenging a seer to view him tonight. Is that something a chaos or mutant would want? He is throwing his name out in the ring and saying come and get me. It does not make much sense in either direction, but it makes more sense if he is one of us.

GE, this is why i am on about RD...there is a role that has been in many WW games called the cunning wolf...it can appear in several ways...either upon they die as a human even though they are a wolf, or they scan as a human when viewed by a seer....if the latter is the case, you want to beg to be scanned, because you are then hiding in plain sight...the seer thinks you are clear, and since you have said you cant die at night, no one will suspect you when you show up every morning.

also, daring the seer to view him tonight is a moot point....regardless of his role, the seer would be making a huge mistake if they came out on day 2 and said..."i am the seer, i viewed tanglewood last night and he is a wolf/villager"...no seer in their right mind would make a reveal after only one scan, because it would mean they would only get one more scan after that before they were dead meat. if you get a hit on night one, you try and make some associations between that player and someone else, then scan them, trying to expand the circle of evil based on a known starting point.

Mustang
08-29-2006, 05:23 PM
BrianD

I hope everyone doesn't stray down the path to take titles as a an indication of everyone's roles.. could be a few wasted days if that was true (or a really fast game). I wouldn't think it would be as clean and easy to expect that.

Greyroofoo
08-29-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm just saying, its not like we have only one primarch.

THE EMPEROR MUST BE FED!

tanglewood
08-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Current Day 1 Vote Count

BrianD 2 - st.cronin, Greyroofoo
kingfc22 2 - Mustang, RealDeal
Swaggs 1 - Chief Rum
RealDeal 2 - saldana, path12
st.cronin 1 - Blade
Anxiety 1 - twothree
Mustang 1 - kingfc22
Greyroofoo 1 - BrianD

Yet To Vote: SirFozzie, GoldenEagle, Anxiety

tanglewood
08-29-2006, 06:10 PM
One hour and fifty minutes to the deadline.

bulletsponge
08-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Current Day 1 Vote Count

BrianD 2 - st.cronin, Greyroofoo
kingfc22 2 - Mustang, RealDeal
Swaggs 1 - Chief Rum
st.cronin 1 - Blade
Anxiety 1 - twothree
Mustang 1 - kingfc22
Greyroofoo 1 - BrianD

Yet To Vote: SirFozzie, GoldenEagle, Anxiety

hmmm, my fate lies in the hands of 2 peeps that i ate for dinner last game. how do we get executed in this game?

st.cronin
08-29-2006, 06:16 PM
very close vote

Anybody think I should maybe move my vote?

bulletsponge
08-29-2006, 06:16 PM
what happens if there is a tie?

Alan T
08-29-2006, 06:17 PM
very close vote

Anybody think I should maybe move my vote?

I bet BrianD thinks you should!

Alan T
08-29-2006, 06:19 PM

Just from the way things are worded in the description, I would assume Fouts has a tiebreaker of sorts. Since I have no idea if this is a one time use, conditional use or usable every day I don't know if ties = good in this game.

In some games tie = no lynch and a wasted day.

saldana
08-29-2006, 06:21 PM

we dont actually know in this game...there are lots of different ways to break the tie....weighted votes from one or more person, a single person making the decision, a duke with repetitive powers, accumulation, last vote cast, first vote cast...the list goes on.

SirFozzie
08-29-2006, 06:22 PM
Damnit. I hate Day 1. Fucking crapshoot. Except for Real's "revelation" there's nothing to go by, and so many people have different votes.

I'm going by feel here.

I don't like RealDeal's reveal.. too convenient on day 1. But I'm not sure I can't afford to not believe it at least for now.

Mustang
As a note, Realdeal I thought voted for me w/Kingfc22.

Blade6119
Just from the way things are worded in the description, I would assume Fouts has a tiebreaker of sorts. Since I have no idea if this is a one time use, conditional use or usable every day I don't know if ties = good in this game.

In some games tie = no lynch and a wasted day.
Ya, i strongly feel fouts breaks ties

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 06:25 PM
I should note saldana and his role intrigue me greatly...i am very interested in everything he does

SirFozzie
08-29-2006, 06:25 PM
This is going to really suck.. there's usually two or three strong candidates on day 1, and later days you can work back to get voting blocs and trust circles. There's 10 of us with votes on us.. wtf can we learn here, unless the Chaos scum or mutant heretics are voting as a bloc.

I find bulletsponge's voting for a singleton to be very confusing. Right now, its his head on the chopping block to be fed to the Immortal Emperor.. and his vote could be forcing a tie.. but he doesn't. Why is that?

For now at least.. Vote bulletsponge

Mustang
08-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Ya, i strongly feel fouts breaks ties

That or, as the Master Administrator, he just makes sure all the TPS reports have cover sheets.

path12
This is going to really suck.. there's usually two or three strong candidates on day 1, and later days you can work back to get voting blocs and trust circles. There's 10 of us with votes on us.. wtf can we learn here, unless the Chaos scum or mutant heretics are voting as a bloc.

I find bulletsponge's voting for a singleton to be very confusing. Right now, its his head on the chopping block to be fed to the Immortal Emperor.. and his vote could be forcing a tie.. but he doesn't. Why is that?

For now at least.. Vote bulletsponge

I'd say if anything it makes me feel he's likely good.

saldana
I should note saldana and his role intrigue me greatly...i am very interested in everything he does
not quite sure how to take that, but maybe its because i couldnt really understand you from behind the mountain of paper on your desk :D

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 06:29 PM
In matters of great debate, the Master of the Administratum will often place the deciding vote and the other High Lords agree to abide by his wish.
Thats why he should break ties...it all but tells us

st.cronin
08-29-2006, 06:29 PM
But I'm not sure I can't afford to not believe it at least for now.

The rare TRIPLE negative!

st.cronin
08-29-2006, 06:30 PM
dola

/agree with path

path12
08-29-2006, 06:31 PM
Out until after lynch. Be nice to hit a baddie day 1!

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 06:31 PM
not quite sure how to take that, but maybe its because i couldnt really understand you from behind the mountain of paper on your desk :D
Just becuase i have, and i quote, very little control over operations...ok, i dont have a defense.

But about you, i have a pretty strong idea of what all the roles do after some intensive 40k research and past playing experience, except for yours. You are the one role i cant fathom a role for, and like cronin, the fact your role states openly you are not apart of the imperium has me greatly intrigued

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 06:35 PM
UNVOTE ST.CRONIN

VOTE BRIAND

I think killing our assasin, a big weapon if used right, over someone who so far MIGHT have the power if avoiding night attacks(which i doubt strongly) is a bad move. Nothing against brian, id much prefer it be realdeal as his move seemed like a wolf saying DONT LYNCH ME, PLEASE!!! I KNOW I WONT DIE AT NIGHT ;) !!

st.cronin
08-29-2006, 06:37 PM
My feel on real deal is that he is MOST likely good, and telling the truth. Second most plausible scenario is that he is good, but for whatever reason NOT telling the truth. It's just too weird a play for a bad guy, especially that early in the game.

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 06:40 PM
My feel on real deal is that he is MOST likely good, and telling the truth. Second most plausible scenario is that he is good, but for whatever reason NOT telling the truth. It's just too weird a play for a bad guy, especially that early in the game.
I dont know...depends heavily on the other people with his role. He is a super soldier, genetically enhanced to be perfect. But the legions are created in their mold, and the chaos kill them in hordes every day. I suppose it will be interesting seeing the others discuss it at all, but for now i take it as its a wolf move

saldana
08-29-2006, 06:42 PM
Just becuase i have, and i quote, very little control over operations...ok, i dont have a defense.

But about you, i have a pretty strong idea of what all the roles do after some intensive 40k research and past playing experience, except for yours. You are the one role i cant fathom a role for, and like cronin, the fact your role states openly you are not apart of the imperium has me greatly intrigued

you are correct, i am not part of the imperium. the navigators guild operates independantly, but that does not mean i am against you by any means. in fact, the guild has one simply objective, and that is stability throughout the galaxy.

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 06:45 PM
you are correct, i am not part of the imperium. the navigators guild operates independantly, but that does not mean i am against you by any means. in fact, the guild has one simply objective, and that is stability throughout the galaxy.
Stability can be brought under the firing doom of evil. Death and Fear actually bring people in to line much quicker then democracy and happiness.

I am under the impression we all bring something, though not equal in power, to the table. You are one of the very few i dont have pegged for what power that is yet. Im not calling you evil, just saying im intrigued by you and your role.

saldana
08-29-2006, 06:46 PM
tangle, can we get a vote count?

saldana
08-29-2006, 06:49 PM

the thing i find most interesting about realdeal at this point is that this morning he was running around yelling about how he was starting a circle of trust, and please scan me and confirm me, but as soon as i called him a suspect and pointed out exactly why i thought so (called him the cunning wolf), he clammed up and has barely said anything....perhaps realizing he overplayed his hand and was now hoping to fade out of peoples field of vision that came into the thread later in the day.

saldana
08-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Stability can be brought under the firing doom of evil. Death and Fear actually bring people in to line much quicker then democracy and happiness.

I am under the impression we all bring something, though not equal in power, to the table. You are one of the very few i dont have pegged for what power that is yet. Im not calling you evil, just saying im intrigued by you and your role.

i really dont want to discuss my role too much at this point (and i do realize that you are not asking me to), but rest assured that i share in the goals of the imperium, and am squarely on their side in this conflict.

Greyroofoo
08-29-2006, 06:53 PM
right now I'm 50/50 on realdeal, a post like that requires guts no matter side you're on.

tanglewood
08-29-2006, 06:53 PM
Current Day 1 Vote Count

bulletsponge 4 - AlanT, Fouts, Swaggs, SirFozzie
BrianD 3 - st.cronin, Greyroofoo, Blade
Mustang 2 - kingfc22, RealDeal
kingfc22 1 - Mustang
Swaggs 1 - Chief Rum
Anxiety 1 - twothree
Greyroofoo 1 - BrianD

Yet To Vote: GoldenEagle, Anxiety

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 06:55 PM
i really dont want to discuss my role too much at this point (and i do realize that you are not asking me to), but rest assured that i share in the goals of the imperium, and am squarely on their side in this conflict.
I am merely openly disccusing the interesting aspects of day one. Other then realdeal, not much has happened. So whats interesting is the roles, of which i think only you and cronin have public situations where you are seperate from the imperium. Its just something i felt was worthy of note

Fouts
08-29-2006, 06:55 PM
Everyone wants to think somebody is pulling the wool over their eyes. Way too early for that. I am willing to trust Realdeal at this point.

Yes. My ability is to decide ties. Not exactly a good ability unless I have some strong information to work with.

saldana
08-29-2006, 06:56 PM
shit, its tuesday night...i got 10 bucks that says anxiety doesnt get a vote it...it's way past time for his date to have started

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 06:56 PM
Current Day 1 Vote Count

bulletsponge 4 - AlanT, Fouts, Swaggs, SirFozzie
BrianD 3 - st.cronin, Greyroofoo, Blade
Mustang 2 - kingfc22, RealDeal
kingfc22 1 - Mustang
Swaggs 1 - Chief Rum
Anxiety 1 - twothree
Greyroofoo 1 - BrianD

Yet To Vote: GoldenEagle, Anxiety
In the future can we make it top to bottom in votes..i missed totally that realdeal had 2 votes, and will not get my vote(i said when i voted brian i would have prefered realdeal, to explain my quick swap here).

UNVOTE BRIAND
VOTE REALDEAL

saldana
08-29-2006, 06:58 PM
I am merely openly disccusing the interesting aspects of day one. Other then realdeal, not much has happened. So whats interesting is the roles, of which i think only you and cronin have public situations where you are seperate from the imperium. Its just something i felt was worthy of note
one thing i am interested in discussing, is why, if you agree with me that RD's little show from this morning screams WOLF, you are voting for BrianD instead? your vote would have been the 3rd on either of them

SirFozzie
That vote doesn't do much good, just changes who's 2nd and who's third on the list.. Unless GE/Anxiety vote..

or someone switches.

st.cronin
the thing i find most interesting about realdeal at this point is that this morning he was running around yelling about how he was starting a circle of trust, and please scan me and confirm me, but as soon as i called him a suspect and pointed out exactly why i thought so (called him the cunning wolf), he clammed up and has barely said anything....perhaps realizing he overplayed his hand and was now hoping to fade out of peoples field of vision that came into the thread later in the day.

Of course it's easy to paint a scenario where he is a wolf. That's why Day 1 reveals are usually a bad idea even for good guys, unless you're on the chopping block. And that's why I'm inclined to think he's not a wolf.

I mean, sure, he could be a wolf - but why make that play then, if you're a wolf? There wasn't any heat on him, iirc, and a 1 for 1 or 2 for 1, or even a 3 for 1 swap, would not be a wise move YET.

Blade6119
If realdeal comes up clean, we can assume the other players with that role have that power. If he comes up bad, we score big. I think its a much better reason then people dont like bullets wolf smileys

saldana
08-29-2006, 06:59 PM
one thing i am interested in discussing, is why, if you agree with me that RD's little show from this morning screams WOLF, you are voting for BrianD instead? your vote would have been the 3rd on either of them
never mind, we cross posted.

Blade6119
Like i said, realdeal was listed below other people with 1, so i missed him. I have since swapped, and asked tangle to change that in the future. I didnt feel a need to read everyone with one vote, so i missed realdeal who was listed in the middle of them

Alan T
I think you guys are taking a pretty big risk on day 1, eliminating someone who could have made what I felt was a poor judgement call, but is safe from wolf attack. If he is a wolf, we have ways to rule that out as time goes on. If he's someone who can not be killed at nights, you have no way to replace that once you wrongly kill it.

Its day 1, no reason to remove someone who has so much more upside than downside right now. I was the very first person who called him out on his statement this morning, but if he is telling the truth, voting for him could be one of the worst day 1 moves we could imagine (short of accidentally killing the seer or bodyguard or something)

saldana
08-29-2006, 07:00 PM
That vote doesn't do much good, just changes who's 2nd and who's third on the list.. Unless GE/Anxiety vote..

or someone switches.

well you certainly have the ability to affect that.

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 07:03 PM

or someone switches.
REALDEAL GOOD=WOLVES WONT ATTACK HIM, WE WILL ALWAYS SUSPECT...PROB. DEAD IN 3 DAYS...NOT MUCH HELP IF THIS IS THE CASE, AS WE CANT TRUST HIM UNLESS SEER REVEALS TO CLEAR HIM(WHICH SHOULDNT HAPPEN)..SO ETERNAL SUSPECT

REALDEAL BAD=MAJOR LYNCH FOR US, AND GREAT START TO GAME...LEARN MORE ABOUT THE OTHERS WITH HIS ROLE

BULLETSPONGE GOOD=POWER TO NIGHT KILL BAD GUYS, NOT A SUSPECT EVERY DAY SO HE CAN HELP IN DEBATES

BULLETSPONGE BAD = POWER TO NIGHT KILL(WHICH IF BAD, HE ALREADY HAS)------------------------------------

I SEE FAR MORE BENEFIT IN KILLING REAL DEAL, AND LESS RISK. LOSING OUR ASSASIN CAN REALLY HURT US, LOSING AN ETERNAL SUSPECT WITH NO POWERS, NOT SO MUCH..

Sorry for caps, just realized and dont want to re-type

Fouts
I think you guys are taking a pretty big risk on day 1, eliminating someone who could have made what I felt was a poor judgement call, but is safe from wolf attack. If he is a wolf, we have ways to rule that out as time goes on. If he's someone who can not be killed at nights, you have no way to replace that once you wrongly kill it.

Its day 1, no reason to remove someone who has so much more upside than downside right now. I was the very first person who called him out on his statement this morning, but if he is telling the truth, voting for him could be one of the worst day 1 moves we could imagine (short of accidentally killing the seer or bodyguard or something)

Agreed. Not a good move to kill the unkillable, unless you are a wolf.

bulletsponge
why would the Assassins leader be a badie, that would make the wolves way to powerful, capable of many kills everynight. dont lynch me, you will regret not having my sweet assassins around when we get several badie suspect around

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 07:04 PM

If hes good, the wolves wont attack him. His power is of no use now, as if good the wolves wont waste time on him. Bullets power is still very much a weapon.

Fouts
08-29-2006, 07:05 PM
He has the power to night kill bad guys? Where does it say that? And how would he know who to kill?

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 07:06 PM
He has the power to night kill bad guys? Where does it say that? And how would he know who to kill?
He is the head of the assasins...that says it all. He wont for sure, but he is a weapon. Realdeals power is no longer a weapon in the open, so i dont know why we would kill a villager weapon over a now useless role

saldana
08-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Of course it's easy to paint a scenario where he is a wolf. That's why Day 1 reveals are usually a bad idea even for good guys, unless you're on the chopping block. And that's why I'm inclined to think he's not a wolf.

I mean, sure, he could be a wolf - but why make that play then, if you're a wolf? There wasn't any heat on him, iirc, and a 1 for 1 or 2 for 1, or even a 3 for 1 swap, would not be a wise move YET.
because it vaults him to the top of everyone's trust list, and he can then hide in plain sight. i will break it down further.

scenario one - realdeal is a good guy, and his reveal is the truth - the wolves wont attack him, he is safe each night because of his role. what does that gain the villagers on day 1.....nothing.....even if the seer scans him tonight, i would pray they dont out themselves just to clear one person

scenario two - realdeal is a bad guy, and his reveal is bullshit - he shows up every day, and we all assume that its because he is safe each night because of his role, when in fact its because he is busy sucking our souls out. and if he is in fact the cunning wolf or whatever equivelent there is for that in this universe, a seer scan helps his cause, as he come us villager. further, if he does get jammed at night by a witness or runs into the bodyguard and gets ID'd, he then makes it a he said/he said scenairo, and its a crap shoot.

IMO, there is a huge upside for a wolf to try this move, versus the downside of getting lynched, which is obviously not a sure thing in the least.

Alan T
08-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Away till after lynch. good luck on the vote

Fouts
08-29-2006, 07:09 PM
You two are pushing real hard for us to lynch realdeal.

saldana
08-29-2006, 07:11 PM
i would also like to point out that realdeal has been in the thread for about an hour and still hasnt defended himself.

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Blade is pushing hard for what he believes...that never happens ;)

saldana
08-29-2006, 07:12 PM

i dont think it without reason....if i were pushing on you, for example, where i have absolutely no reason to, that would look rather suspicious, but its not like i dont have a logical reason to be on realdeal....there is more logical reason on day one for him than we have had on alot of other days well into games

Fouts
08-29-2006, 07:12 PM
To me, it is about 10 percent chance realdeal is a baddie, and 50 percent chance bullet is a baddie.

saldana
08-29-2006, 07:13 PM
To me, it is about 10 percent chance realdeal is a baddie, and 50 percent chance bullet is a baddie.

based upon??

Greyroofoo
08-29-2006, 07:14 PM
what is the evidence against bulletsponge? I thought everyone was just mad at his wolf icons.

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Realdeal has played quite a few games...he was bold and outgoing back then, so i dont put it past him. Im not sure why he is soo low on your list, or why bullet is so high. What has bullet done?

st.cronin
08-29-2006, 07:15 PM
If realdeal comes up clean, we can assume the other players with that role have that power. If he comes up bad, we score big. I think its a much better reason then people dont like bullets wolf smileys

I will definitely NOT be making that assumption. I doubt very much that either realdeal or bullet are wolves. Wolves tend to play quiet, unassuming games on Day 1.

tanglewood
08-29-2006, 07:15 PM
In the future can we make it top to bottom in votes..i missed totally that realdeal had 2 votes, and will not get my vote(i said when i voted brian i would have prefered realdeal, to explain my quick swap here).

UNVOTE BRIAND
VOTE REALDEAL

Apologies, it was a clerical error.

Fouts
08-29-2006, 07:17 PM
based upon??

Based upon my reading the posts. Everyone starts at about 33 percent.

st.cronin
08-29-2006, 07:19 PM
I am very much with Fouts, except for his suspicion of bullet. I don't think he's that suspicious.

UNVOTE BRIAND

VOTE ANXIETY

Gut + logic

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 07:20 PM
I will definitely NOT be making that assumption. I doubt very much that either realdeal or bullet are wolves. Wolves tend to play quiet, unassuming games on Day 1.
Eh, i disagree. We have just had a run recently with players who chose that route. Myself, Sndvls, hoops, barkeep, saldana, and countless others are rather chatty when evil. Realdeal was quite chatty when he played as well, which was some time ago if some of you dont remember

Mustang
08-29-2006, 07:20 PM
what is the evidence against bulletsponge? I thought everyone was just mad at his wolf icons.

Pretty much it. Only person that drew attention to themselves is realdeal so, have to ask ourselves if we think that he is telling the truth. Unfortunately, I believe even if we believe him and scan him, that isn't buying anything. If he is non-Choatic, how is the seer going to tell us anyways without revealing his own indentity? Seems like a sure way to get yourself killed as a seer..

Just doesn't make sense to me personally...

Blade6119
08-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Pretty much it. Only person that drew attention to themselves is realdeal so, have to ask ourselves if we think that he is telling the truth. Unfortunately, I believe even if we believe him and scan him, that isn't buying anything. If he is non-Choatic, how is the seer going to tell us anyways without revealing his own indentity? Seems like a sure way to get yourself killed as a seer..

Just doesn't make sense to me personally...
Hence why i think you need to vote realdeal..bullet is dying for a bs reason, while the one true suspect is getting off clean

st.cronin
08-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Eh, i disagree. We have just had a run recently with players who chose that route. Myself, Sndvls, hoops, barkeep, saldana, and countless others are rather chatty when evil. Realdeal was quite chatty when he played as well, which was some time ago if some of you dont remember

Most of the examples you cite played quietly on Day 1, though. Also, when was the fake reveal on Day 1? That's an idiotic play that I don't think has ever happened.

Fouts
08-29-2006, 07:27 PM
The icons weren't my only reason. My other reason was that I don't trust assassins, especially those serving their own purposes.