Home

EGM craps on AllPro

This is a discussion on EGM craps on AllPro within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 11:10 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: EGM craps on AllPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
yep, I really missed this kind of banter. 2k fans like the game being the underdog, yet get pissed off when it gets slammed in comparison to madden by various media outlets.
Honestly, it's not even that. I'm a firm believer in playing the game for yourself, you know, formulate your own opinion.

Nobody likes to have someone attack their opinion, but that's what half the posters in this thread are doing to EGM.

"EA is paying them"
"They're EA fanboys"

C'mon. Play the game. If YOU like it, isn't that all that matters? Do you need confirmation from someone else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2007, 11:17 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 12

Yep I hate madden but if egm or another review website bashed madden I bet alot of the 2k fans would be saying "i told you so" and "madden still sucks" I hope all pro is good cause I can't stand how madden hasn't evolved.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:18 PM   #27
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
MLB the Show isn't a graphical marvel but it is the best baseball game I have ever played. From every video I have seen, APF looks just fine and I am not worried at all about the gameplay based on 2K's history. I think many people who review the game think the graphics are horrible because they are so used to the NFL and NCAA. Not having something to compare it to is very hard for some people.

In 24 hours or sooner I will be enjoying 2K football again and that is all that matters!
Dude... excellent post.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 07-16-2007, 11:19 PM   #28
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Maybe the game doesn't looks so great, why can't egm take be legit? Cause you r view is slanted in favor of all-pro football. None of us have played the game yet and just seen a movies of the game. I think we should wait to play it before we bash anyone that is critical, while at the same time giving a game endless we've never had in our hands to play a couple games.
It's not the most OMG graphics game ever, but it looks nice. So what? Everyone's got this idea that graphics = next gen.

Maybe they don't.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 07-16-2007, 11:22 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Yep I hate madden but if egm or another review website bashed madden I bet alot of the 2k fans would be saying "i told you so" and "madden still sucks" I hope all pro is good cause I can't stand how madden hasn't evolved.
This is very true and this goes for all games and all sites. I can understand why people are upset though.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:22 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
It's not the most OMG graphics game ever, but it looks nice. So what? Everyone's got this idea that graphics = next gen.

Maybe they don't.
Yup I know that, but none of us know anything about the gameplay either.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:26 PM   #31
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

I know it's pretty cliche to pull the fanboy card, but EGM's Bryan has ALWAYS been an EA guy. Just for kicks, check out the Metacritic scores for Live07 vs. NBA2K7 last season, the most lopsided competeiton in sports game history. EGM had the highest Live score...one of the only positive reviews across the entire review landscape, and also had the honor of having the very lowest 2k7 score...which they also trashed. I can't get metacritic at work, and other reviews may have come in since I looked at it last year...but I thought that was pretty telling. They were also one of the few reviewers that rated Madden 05 over 2k5. I could be wrong, but No 2k game has ever outscored it's EA counterpart in EGM to my knowledge.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but bias is bias...so I definetly take Bryan's opinion with a big ol' grain of salt.

Last edited by HMcCoy; 07-16-2007 at 11:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2007, 11:38 PM   #32
All Star

OVR: 13

The beauty of it all is we get to play the game for ourselves in a day. As previously mentioned, it shouldn't matter what kind of reviews a game gets, especially from the major game outlets who generally don't know squat about sports games and play them superficially for a day then hammer out a review.

Having said that, I think one reason people get a little irked at poor/harsh reviews is that it may keep average gamers from giving the game a shot, especially if the game is good (or at least better than the review may imply). Obviously I can't comment on the accuracy of any reviews at this point since I haven't played the game myself, but I at least hope reviewers give the game an honest chance. Not to validate my own opinions (I'm buying the game regardless), but for the sake of piquing interest among the other 99% of gamers who don't hang out here.

I guess it doesn't matter ultimately, since Madden is the train that keeps a rollin', and will be the monster seller it always is, and we'll be lucky if EA doesn't just double up all of 2K's offers to the legends and end that avenue once and for all as well....
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »