Home

EGM craps on AllPro

This is a discussion on EGM craps on AllPro within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 11:45 PM   #33
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: EGM craps on AllPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by driddy
Some of them said that it is better than the first Next Gen Madden, but that it looks horrible.

Bryan Intihar went the extra mile in trashing this game.

All on the EGM Live podcast 57 minutes into it.

That being said, they had already lost me weeks ago when they were hinting at how bad this game looked while talking up NCAA. Your mileage may vary.
I'm not going to call Intihar a Madden fanboy- but I will say the the guys EGM uses for sports are ULTRA CASUAL players. They are more suited to evaluating "The Bigs" (And they are BIG fans of that game...which is quite telling.)

Intihar is better suited to getting his jollies from TO having 5 endzone dances in a game moreso than evaluating core football mechanics.

Here's the thing..APF2K8 is going to be behind the 8 ball as long as its not evaluated for online leagues & online features.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:56 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 11

To be fair though its hard to review a game for online leagues because most of the review sites get the game before others so there arent leagues set up yet, and online is something which isnt always consistent across the board since some people play for real while others play unrealistic, at least vs the computer you get a generally consistent experience good or bad
Old 07-17-2007, 12:21 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 11

Lol he said "IT plays better."

Uh...Gameplay...

They said that there is not enough legends...240 friggin legends...what is their problem?

They said it played great about 10 times...

They said it played great numerous times...yet said the features were not enough. I would have no problem with them saying the following.

"The gameplay is great, but there is not enough for someone to play the game solo. Not enough features to warrant a purchas for someone who doesn't have online."

If you have online, the gameplay being enough and the online features are enough.

I can't believe how many times they said the gameplay was great then went on to trash the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2007, 12:27 AM   #36
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
Icon13 Re: EGM craps on AllPro

they are ea fanboys. they dont know nothing about football. all i have to say is this: if 2k wasnt a good game then why did madden make create a team and stadium in their game this year? why did they go sign 30 legends to be in their game? whenever their is competition, madden always fold under pressure that's why i don't care if 2k keep making these kind of games i will not waste my time playing madden at all.

oh by the way, gamestop gave me a call and said that the game will be their in the mourning before noon so i will be online and my gamer tag is Ra HoKodesh. WHO WANT SOME

LONG LIVE 2K FOOTBALL
( i know this doesnt have anything to do with this thread but jerks like that just piss me off)
Old 07-17-2007, 12:38 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
I know it's pretty cliche to pull the fanboy card, but EGM's Bryan has ALWAYS been an EA guy. Just for kicks, check out the Metacritic scores for Live07 vs. NBA2K7 last season, the most lopsided competeiton in sports game history. EGM had the highest Live score...one of the only positive reviews across the entire review landscape, and also had the honor of having the very lowest 2k7 score...which they also trashed. I can't get metacritic at work, and other reviews may have come in since I looked at it last year...but I thought that was pretty telling. They were also one of the few reviewers that rated Madden 05 over 2k5. I could be wrong, but No 2k game has ever outscored it's EA counterpart in EGM to my knowledge.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but bias is bias...so I definetly take Bryan's opinion with a big ol' grain of salt.
after reading this post i went to 1up to read the 2 basketball games reviews and they don't have one at all for nba live, but you can read the ones for nba 2k8. go fig.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:40 AM   #38
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Im glad I dont read EGM..

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 07-17-2007, 12:46 AM   #39
All Star

RockyTop1's Arena

OVR: 21

Ok, the point has been made. Listen to the podcast to hear EGM's impressions. We're getting into dangerous "fan boy" mode and accusing certain companies of certain tendencies so I'm going to lock this one up.

Thanks
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »