Home

Blitzing is impossible

This is a discussion on Blitzing is impossible within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2007, 02:19 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Blitzing is impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
The thing is... unlike NFL 2K5, gameplay would've balanced out nicely in APF 2K8 if this game had defenders moving faster and correctly on the blitz due to the inclusion of adjusting o-line protections plus the removal of individually shifting the d-line group toward a certain direction 2 or more times before the snap. But now it's the offensive side that has a big advantage while the defensive options are limited because blitzes and pressure defense isn't all that effective as is should be.

This is an example I had explained in a past thread on this subject. And I am manually controlling a gap blitzer here.

Let's say I call "All Blitz 0" out of Nickel formation against the offense lined up in Bunch formation. The offense goes to the "50 Strong Spread" play out of the Bunch that has the running back forced to stay in and block because he recognize defenders blitzing. Now if the d-line does their job and engage all 5 o-linemen, then that leaves 3 gap blitzers (WLB, SLB and Nickel back) vs. 1 running back protecting the quarterback. If the WLB I'm controlling gets picked up by that RB, then I expect the other two guys to meet at the quarterback quickly and almost simultaneously. But usually that doesn't happen because those CPU-controlled SLB and Nickel back take off slowly. So what happens is that my guy gets there a lot earlier than the other gap blitzers, which makes an easier decision for the RB to quickly slide over and block me. Then the other guys arrive way too late as the QB gets the throw off.

Kruza
And the thing is, if you run cover 0 against that fade you are in deep trouble. It's the fastest route ran in the game. If you have a legend WR running this route 1 on 1 against anyone they are burnt toast. When I see it, I do not even take a full drop with the QB, I take maybe two steps and fire it because the WR will get past the DB. The route can't be bumped either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

the fade is a glitched route. Watch the fade vs the streak
They should be equally fast. THe fade WR beats the streak WR by 5 yds evertime
Old 08-20-2007, 02:22 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
the fade is a glitched route. Watch the fade vs the streak
They should be equally fast. THe fade WR beats the streak WR by 5 yds evertime
LOL, you know about that fade don't you
Old 08-20-2007, 02:23 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 9

LBz I get plenty of pressure by trying to confuse the oline. Twist and out side linebackers usually produce alot of pressure on the QB. If the faster guys are not picked up in time they come so fast to the QB. Also on most blitzes the running backs pick up well, you really need to pick the right time pro formation and single back offense will see lots of pressure from me whether I control or not. Actually I tend to over run or miss the QB sometimes. Also like some else said if they are looking to go deep my guys are batting passes at the line and or making the QB throw on run which is not good when pressure is on you. My gamer tag is FullNCSOUTHPAW. Put me one your friends list and maybe we can get some games in to show you how I create pressure.

A lot of people I have played have asked me how I get guys to get through while they cant. Anyway look me up sometime, peace.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:25 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasthour
LBz I get plenty of pressure by trying to confuse the oline. Twist and out side linebackers usually produce alot of pressure on the QB. If the faster guys are not picked up in time they come so fast to the QB. Also on most blitzes the running backs pick up well, you really need to pick the right time pro formation and single back offense will see lots of pressure from me whether I control or not. Actually I tend to over run or miss the QB sometimes. Also like some else said if they are looking to go deep my guys are batting passes at the line and or making the QB throw on run which is not good when pressure is on you. My gamer tag is FullNCSOUTHPAW. Put me one your friends list and maybe we can get some games in to show you how I create pressure.

A lot of people I have played have asked me how I get guys to get through while they cant. Anyway look me up sometime, peace.
I'll send you one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 02:25 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 9

okay, I'm mostly on at late night after I get of work and the weekends.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:03 PM   #47
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I think blitzing is done well. I agree you have to mix it up and bring a safety or corner once inawhile and not just vanilla blitzes.

However, if you play someone that is good at sitting in the pocket and has good presence, its hard to get a rush on him. But i also thinks thats good.

I have three legends on my Dline and average at least 3 sacks a game. I think the most ive had was like 13.
I have to agree... I haven't played online all that much... but the blitz packages available are fantastic (IMO).... I don't like going to this tired cliche, but blitzing at the wrong time will amount to getting beat...

again some teams and players can bring heat at the right time to ring up lots of sacks.... especially if your doing a lot of deep routes... if the QB is doing short dorps... it hard to nail him....
Old 08-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 6

lol shutup

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »