Home

It's Official: No 2k10

This is a discussion on It's Official: No 2k10 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2009, 11:35 PM   #65
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: It's Official: No 2k10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If I were you, I wouldn't categorize EA in producing lower quality games. The basketball game Live was a good game(I don't own it) according some of the die hard OSer's for the 2k series plunged in and also purchased NBA Live. Also, FIFA has had a very strong following the last few years of becoming a SIM experience. FN4 has everyone talking what a great game that will be. Ian seems to have Madden headed in the right direction as far as sim goes. Everything might not be put into 10 that everyone wants, but Ian clearly stated the Everything you see on Sunday, didn't specifically mean 10, he meant the future and beyond.
Why is it so hard to understand that EA is more than just EA Sports? Even when it's called out explicitly in my post? EA produces some quality titles, but not of their own accord, most of their big sellers were done via aquisition, not in house. Their in house stuff is mostly cookie cutter / low quality with the occasional abberation. Their ability to successfully market their games is their primary advantage.

As for EA Sports titles themselves, they are not A list titles review wise (though Madden definitely is sales wise), they definitely aren't new IP, and in many instances fit well into the rinse wash repeat category that I listed in my post.

Again, I view EA as a bad company (not just EA Sports), bad for the market place, bad for competitiveness, and bad for consumers.

Last edited by Valdarez; 05-06-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 12:36 AM   #66
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Why is it so hard to understand that EA is more than just EA Sports? Even when it's called out explicitly in my post? EA produces some quality titles, but not of their own accord, most of their big sellers were done via aquisition, not in house. Their in house stuff is mostly cookie cutter / low quality with the occasional abberation. Their ability to successfully market their games is their primary advantage.

As for EA Sports titles themselves, they are not A list titles review wise (though Madden definitely is sales wise), they definitely aren't new IP, and in many instances fit well into the rinse wash repeat category that I listed in my post.

Again, I view EA as a bad company (not just EA Sports), bad for the market place, bad for competitiveness, and bad for consumers.
Ok, so, you think overall EA is a bad company. I'm not even able to debate that part because the only game I know of outside of EA Sports division is The Sims, which my kids love.

As far as their sports titles not on A lists of reviewers, from gamerankings, NHL 09 was ranked at 89% and FIFA was ranked at 88%. I really don't agree those two games are in the rinse, wash repeat category you project.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:44 PM   #67
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
As far as their sports titles not on A lists of reviewers, from gamerankings, NHL 09 was ranked at 89% and FIFA was ranked at 88%. I really don't agree those two games are in the rinse, wash repeat category you project.
We'll have to agree to disagree then. Pretty much every yearly based sports title fits very nicely into the rinse, wash, and repeat cycle and that's not confined to EA alone. 2K's games fall into this category as well. I mean, how many sports titles have blown you away? 2K5 is the only one that I can think of that made me really sit back and say 'wow'. Due to their yearly release cycle, it's hard for these companies to make any major changes to their games or introduce any ground breaking game play elements. A game like back breaker stands more of a chance of revolutionizing the football genre than Madden, even though madden sells millions of copies each and every year.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:14 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 10

the only thing i can hope is that 2k is still somewhat working on a football title 3 years of development time can really make a great football game. if there not already started building a new football game from the ground up featuring euphoria physics that would be awesome.....
i just hope these lawsuits and such that could rid the exclusive agreement between the nfl and ea will pass and we can have a actual good nfl football game to play again.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:03 AM   #69
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeStrangeSin
i just hope these lawsuits and such that could rid the exclusive agreement between the nfl and ea will pass
Amen.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:18 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 1

If you would go back to a statement I made 4 years ago and many times since....

The Madden Consumer (Sheep) care not for the quality or realism of the game of football but what content the game contains i.e. NFL, Current Player or Team Logos.

Plus Madden Consumers are not real hardcore sports gamers like 2K'ers. 2K Fans care for the actual sport of football and not just a popular league which performs the sport.

Madden Sheep are for the most part are very gullible gamers, whom are happy aslong as a pixelated persona of Tom Brady is bombing to a pixelated persona of Randy Moss amd that the graphics(Flash) are acceptable.

The learning of stick skills and strategy is not important to the Madden Sheep. The Madden Sheep 99% of the time wants to jump online and start bombing away, sacking and going for every 4th down in the game. Most are kiddies, most are commercially induced with the corporate labels and the top 40 music playing in their heads.*SMDH*

We can only hope all the Madden Sheep wake up out of their puppetized states and refuse to buy Madden '10.

Or atleast, FOR ONCE, The sales of Madden are equitable to the actual quality of that recycled trash of a game.

I'm already reading so many quotes in many threads with the familiar echos of the past

""""""Madden Looks Like Its going to be Good this year""""""""
"""""""This is the game we've been waiting for""""""""""
""""""EA is really putting effort into the game this year""""""
"""""""EA is finally listening to us fans""""""""""

LOL Madden Sheep never learn do they?

enough is enough kiddos........DON'T BUY MADDEN '10

DON'T BE YET ANOTHER VICTIM OF THE MADDEN/EA HYPE MACHINE

Good day Kiddos

Last edited by XSimSchutzstaffelX; 05-09-2009 at 08:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »