Home

Old 12-27-2009, 09:23 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: New Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm afraid it ends up being the same old song and dance in every thread about this game, no matter what the original topic was.
It is bound to ruffle some feathers. Few people know any info on the game(albeit there is only a small bit out) and assumptions are made. This leads to the game having a false image and expectations.

The average adult is not willing to see change. Many will scoff when they look at the title and pictures of BB because it is not "normal." I foresee the sales of BB to be very stale because of this simple fact. There may be a word of mouth movement post release but that is pure speculation.

The smart move would have been to make a present day football game. It would have felt much more natural and people would have been compelled to take a look at it.

Instead they are pushing away thousands of potential customers because they are wanting to make a game that is different. It just doesnt seem like the best choice when you are making a first game.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:29 AM   #58
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

"Powerful logo generator"

Sounds good.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
It is bound to ruffle some feathers. Few people know any info on the game(albeit there is only a small bit out) and assumptions are made. This leads to the game having a false image and expectations.

The average adult is not willing to see change. Many will scoff when they look at the title and pictures of BB because it is not "normal." I foresee the sales of BB to be very stale because of this simple fact. There may be a word of mouth movement post release but that is pure speculation.

The smart move would have been to make a present day football game. It would have felt much more natural and people would have been compelled to take a look at it.

Instead they are pushing away thousands of potential customers because they are wanting to make a game that is different. It just doesnt seem like the best choice when you are making a first game.
This is logic reasoning and I too would want to see a more closely representation of current day uniforms, but it is what it is. I like the direction toward the future, but I just wish they would start advertising Backbreaker, instead of by word of mouth. Take a gamble by putting out a commercial advertisement and even if it breaks even in sales, it would be worth it. Then, put another one out next year with updated and upgraded features.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:31 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
This is logic reasoning and I too would want to see a more closely representation of current day uniforms, but it is what it is. I like the direction toward the future, but I just wish they would start advertising Backbreaker, instead of by word of mouth. Take a gamble by putting out a commercial advertisement and even if it breaks even in sales, it would be worth it. Then, put another one out next year with updated and upgraded features.
I personally think it looks ugly BUT I dont let graphics stop me from playing a good game. I still have fun playing some games on my SNES/NES emulator lol.

Currently, I would say that unless I have told my friends on Live about BB none of them have any idea what it is. Heck, my brother's fiance thought it was a wrestling game(spin off of face breaker boxing game or something) and she has worked at game stop for 2+ years.

Advertising needs to start now and what better time to start then during the football season. Have it show up on national TV for Monday night or during the play offs because that will hit your target audience the best.

I did see a very brief article in the PlayStation magazine that had a run down saying BB is putting all its eggs into one basket with its physic engine and is looking to get fans who care less about the NFL teams and more about the actual game play...But that small of a bite will not get you anywhere for sales on release date.

They could spend the 2+ million to get a single 30 second ad done during the super bowl but that seems a little too steep for just one spot. In all honesty, how easy would it be for a large portion of the 90 million people that watch the super to miss that one ad.

Then again this is all riding on the fact of if they release the game in April or not. If I was going to do it, I would look to get ads all during the playoffs(basically most of January) and release the game early-mid February. That way you will hit your target population hard and release the game while it is still fresh in their minds.(Then again there are people that dont play football games after the season ends but that is from the madden standpoint again. It is a very complex decision because it is not an easy product to sell.)
Old 12-27-2009, 12:17 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
"Powerful logo generator"

Sounds good.
This could be turned into a CFL game. Just as I typed that I forgot about the three down football. This could look like the CFL with american rules.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2009, 03:13 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs nation
This could be turned into a CFL game. Just as I typed that I forgot about the three down football. This could look like the CFL with american rules.
Pretty sure I read way back when this game didn't look like it was coming out that we could change the rules and stuff.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I personally think it looks ugly BUT I dont let graphics stop me from playing a good game. I still have fun playing some games on my SNES/NES emulator lol.

Currently, I would say that unless I have told my friends on Live about BB none of them have any idea what it is. Heck, my brother's fiance thought it was a wrestling game(spin off of face breaker boxing game or something) and she has worked at game stop for 2+ years.

Advertising needs to start now and what better time to start then during the football season. Have it show up on national TV for Monday night or during the play offs because that will hit your target audience the best.

I did see a very brief article in the PlayStation magazine that had a run down saying BB is putting all its eggs into one basket with its physic engine and is looking to get fans who care less about the NFL teams and more about the actual game play...But that small of a bite will not get you anywhere for sales on release date.

They could spend the 2+ million to get a single 30 second ad done during the super bowl but that seems a little too steep for just one spot. In all honesty, how easy would it be for a large portion of the 90 million people that watch the super to miss that one ad.

Then again this is all riding on the fact of if they release the game in April or not. If I was going to do it, I would look to get ads all during the playoffs(basically most of January) and release the game early-mid February. That way you will hit your target population hard and release the game while it is still fresh in their minds.(Then again there are people that dont play football games after the season ends but that is from the madden standpoint again. It is a very complex decision because it is not an easy product to sell.)
I totally agree with you on the advertising bit. They really need to get the ball rolling January 1, 2010.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:38 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 55

I think April is the earliest a football game can get released. Before that it's heavy into basketball season and March Madness. People start thinking football again right around the NFL draft. Feb/March/April are generally dead periods for the NFL in comparison to the rest of the year. I bet they're hoping that the game is received well and through a superior game it competes with the other larger football products when they are released later.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »