Home

Could You Live With Multiple Camera Angles If Focus Mode Retained Same View?

This is a discussion on Could You Live With Multiple Camera Angles If Focus Mode Retained Same View? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Could You Live With Multiple Camera Angles If Focus Mode Retained Same View?
Yes-the importance of Focus Mode to QB accuracy deems that it be used often anyway 8 12.50%
No-the camera is fine-a small tweak maybe, but I'd rather keep it close. 25 39.06%
Give me multiple camera angles and No up close Focus Mode view. 31 48.44%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2010, 11:57 AM   #57
Banned

Charleston_Tiger's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Could You Live With Multiple Camera Angles If Focus Mode Retained Same View?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I see your frustration BK, particularly if you don't like the current camera angle. When I first came up with the idea of posing this poll question, I was set on voting for the minority response, Yes-the importance of Focus Mode to QB accuracy deems that it be used often anyway, and then I thought again, held off on my vote, played a few more games and finally went with No-the camera is fine-a small tweak maybe, but I'd rather keep it close.

In hindsight, with the gameplay pretty much built around the up close camera, what harm would it do? Obviously online games would have to be dealt with. Standard camera views would offer a considerable advantage, but for offline or online standard vs standard, I see no problem with more angles.

And I agree with you about the current camera not being perfect-not quite intuitive enough in the passing game, but still a lot more fun than any other angle and system I've played with.
This if they add a traditional cam then they need to separate online games. Into those who use the Field cam vs those who use the traditional cam.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Could You Live With Multiple Camera Angles If Focus Mode Retained Same View?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston_Tiger
This if they add a traditional cam then they need to separate online games. Into those who use the Field cam vs those who use the traditional cam.
definitely.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:32 PM   #59
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston_Tiger
I think this goes without saying and is universally agreed upon around here at the least.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #60
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I see your frustration BK, particularly if you don't like the current camera angle. When I first came up with the idea of posing this poll question, I was set on voting for the minority response, Yes-the importance of Focus Mode to QB accuracy deems that it be used often anyway, and then I thought again, held off on my vote, played a few more games and finally went with No-the camera is fine-a small tweak maybe, but I'd rather keep it close.

In hindsight, with the gameplay pretty much built around the up close camera, what harm would it do? Obviously online games would have to be dealt with. Standard camera views would offer a considerable advantage, but for offline or online standard vs standard, I see no problem with more angles.

And I agree with you about the current camera not being perfect-not quite intuitive enough in the passing game, but still a lot more fun than any other angle and system I've played with.

All very valid points.

I guess my biggest probs with the cams, are it's too low, so depth perception for me down the field I just can't get a hold of. Maybe it's my old eyes. Even if the cam was zoomed out and raised a bit, that to me would be a big improvement.

My other complaint, is I hate being locked in to a receiver while in my drop as the QB. I can't look at the safeties, I can't look at any of my keys. I am forced to be locked on to a receiver and if people really want "realism" that's not realistic.

If they can just tweak the camera and then change the passing mechanic a little bit, so at least at the snap I am not forced to be locked on to a receiver that would be huge as far as on the field issues for me.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #61
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
All very valid points.

I guess my biggest probs with the cams, are it's too low, so depth perception for me down the field I just can't get a hold of. Maybe it's my old eyes. Even if the cam was zoomed out and raised a bit, that to me would be a big improvement.

My other complaint, is I hate being locked in to a receiver while in my drop as the QB. I can't look at the safeties, I can't look at any of my keys. I am forced to be locked on to a receiver and if people really want "realism" that's not realistic.

If they can just tweak the camera and then change the passing mechanic a little bit, so at least at the snap I am not forced to be locked on to a receiver that would be huge as far as on the field issues for me.
This is a very valid complaint because generally I give a cursory read on the LBs then focus on the Safeties when going through progressions and if you're locked in on a WR you can only see half the field. There should be a way to swivel your head while still maintaining the lock on your primary target or the camera could default to the middle of the field until you press the R-Stick to move to your first progression.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #62
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
or the camera could default to the middle of the field until you press the R-Stick to move to your first progression.
This was my first thought on how to get around that.. That would work for me.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
This is a very valid complaint because generally I give a cursory read on the LBs then focus on the Safeties when going through progressions and if you're locked in on a WR you can only see half the field. There should be a way to swivel your head while still maintaining the lock on your primary target or the camera could default to the middle of the field until you press the R-Stick to move to your first progression.
Not totally realistic but I wouldn't mind being able to progress from the flanker to split-end or split-end to flanker with a right or left move on the R-Stick. In other words "transport" to the other side of the field.

WR#2 (SE) WR#3 HB TE WR#1 (FL)

As it is now if you have a progression of WR#2-WR#1-WR#3, and assuming you run through that progression all the way to WR#3, you have to go right 4 times to make it to WR#1, and then left 3 times to get to WR#3.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:54 PM   #64
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

This is one of my post from another forum. Just my two cents.

Quote:
I would compare Backbreaker's passing game to a carnival's virtual reality game. You have some dude in a top hat saying "step right up and enter Backbreaker where you will experience what its like to be an NFL QB." Thats not to say it isn't flawed and I wouldnt change things. However it most certainly mimics reality more than something like the last videogame football demo where you can drop back past the pocket you have a ton of time to pass, you don't need to make complex reads, you don't need to be quick with your check downs, and unless there is a blitz you would almost never consider throwing the ball away to avoid a sack.

My main issue isnt the camera view though I would raise it some so it doesnt feel like you are passing with a 5'8 QB. My main issue is the lack of icons. In BB its almost impossible to make cross field check downs. In the time you spend shifting the right stick over an open player or open space could be covered. Add icons, raise the cam and its as real as I could imagine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »