Home

The Orange and Blue! New York Knicks [nba2k12 - Coach Mode]

This is a discussion on The Orange and Blue! New York Knicks [nba2k12 - Coach Mode] within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The Orange and Blue! New York Knicks [nba2k12 - Coach Mode]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undead
Just wanted to say that I've been following for a while now, just never bothered posting. Sad that Douglas failed to be that point guard you needed and even sadder that the Heats won the NBA championship against the Lakers out of everybody. Ramon Sessions looks like a good replacement. I do not agree no matter what with that trade... it was bad... really bad. You lost too much for an overall 60 center, hopefully you don't regret it. Good luck this season, looking forward to your success.
thank you!! I'll be honest, I felt duped after seeing the draft recap

lol so much for that "bad trade logic" people complain about, it was the cpu taking advantage of me I was too caught up with my own team and my own plan that I didn't realize the Timberwolves drafted 7th and had picked a Center, so basically.. Cato was disposable for them.. and then I bit bait giving them the 11th pick

the only good upside is like I said.. there wasn't really anyone that stood out to me when it was my turn to pick and I agree, I was ripped off in that trade but hey.. he's a project player.. Mostly I'm banking on Carmelo, Amar'e, Landry, Toney as my "Core" Knicks so no matter what that's my window to win with.

Not gonna lie, I feel the window closing though every year, Amar'e is getting older and not as good as he was and lol@The Heat winning truth be told i felt like re-simming that so they didn't win, haha!

...and so far I love the Sessions pickup!
Old 10-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 13

From what I'm seeing, Amaré is badly underperforming. I think you should consider shipping him before he's past his prime and gone worthless, of course that's up to you. Cato had a good game with 6 points & 6 rebounds and the fact that he has good potential should help him out I suppose.Didn't think you would keep Douglas after that performance last year xD I expected you to get rid of him, but I suppose that isn't necessary anymore. Your team is in a confusing stage, if Amar'e was playing at his level he could raise the status of the team but he isn't so only Carmelo is really killing it. Should've resimmed that game though xD, I had one where Knicks beat Nuggets in the finals and it wasm y first season in o-o
Old 10-13-2011, 07:53 PM   #75
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undead
From what I'm seeing, Amaré is badly underperforming. I think you should consider shipping him before he's past his prime and gone worthless, of course that's up to you. Cato had a good game with 6 points & 6 rebounds and the fact that he has good potential should help him out I suppose.Didn't think you would keep Douglas after that performance last year xD I expected you to get rid of him, but I suppose that isn't necessary anymore. Your team is in a confusing stage, if Amar'e was playing at his level he could raise the status of the team but he isn't so only Carmelo is really killing it. Should've resimmed that game though xD, I had one where Knicks beat Nuggets in the finals and it wasm y first season in o-o
You're not the only one whose noticing that about Amar'e, I definitely noticed it last year against the Bulls in the playoffs.. everytime I took a picture of the box score, his name wasn't even on the list of players visible

as for TD he ain't that bad.. he just sucks as my primary PG so I think the Sixth Man will suit him well, sub in for Sessions and he can fire up as many shots as he wants lol he has limited playtime

.....and yeah, I didn't want to keep the Heat as the champs, but oh well, lol! that's why i even had a little writeup after they won it all, it only took them 3 years hehehe, now I'm hoping my Knicks knock them off or someone else does, hopefully I'm not staring at a Heat dynasty

ugh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 09:28 PM   #76
Banned

Icon1 Re: The Orange and Blue! New York Knicks [nba2k12 - Coach Mode]

This was a tightly contested game.. it seems my team still has to go through a playing-together period but I like the way they look out there. They definitely pass the eye test with PG Ramon Sessions running the show.. I just hope my front line gets it together as Amar'e and Carmelo seemingly can't be good together in one game.. I hope they realize it's not either/or

BOX SCORE

TEAM STATS

NBA Standings - Updated: Dec 1, 2013
ATLANTICWLGBDIVCONF
Philadelphia 76ers303-0
Toronto Raptors2112-1
New York Knicks1221-2
Boston Celtics1221-2
New Jersey Nets0330-3
CENTRALWLGBDIVCONF
Detroit Pistons212-1
Milwaukee Bucks11.51-1
Indiana Pacers1211-2
Cleveland Cavaliers1211-2
Chicago Bulls021.50-2
SOUTHEASTWLGBDIVCONF
Miami Heat303-0
Atlanta Hawks2112-1
Washington Wizards2112-1
Charlotte Bobcats111.51-1
Orlando Magic1221-2
NORTHWESTWLGBDIVCONF
Denver Nuggets202-0
Oklahoma City Thunder202-0
Minnesota Timberwolves10.51-0
Utah Jazz0220-2
Portland TrailBlazers0220-2
PACIFICWLGBDIVCONF
Sacramento Kings202-0
Los Angeles Clippers1111-1
Los Angeles Lakers1111-1
Golden State Warriors1111-1
Phoenix Suns0220-2
SOUTHWESTWLGBDIVCONF
Memphis Grizzlies202-0
Houston Rockets10.51-0
New Orleans Hornets1111-1
Dallas Mavericks0220-2
San Antonio Spurs0220-2

POWER RANKINGS

UP NEXT
Old 10-13-2011, 11:00 PM   #77
Banned

I wish I had taken a snapshot of the Bobcats' rankings.. they were the triple play of the NBA. Ranked 1st in OFF, DEF and OVR.. and there was a reason why. As a team, they weren't "stacked" with stars, they simply had talent for almost every position.. Chris Paul, Wilson Chandler, Luis Scola, and Stephen Jackson highlighted their starting five but it didn't end there as they also had bench depth.

It was a test I was eager for my Knicks to face.. however, a different question was answered for this season. What happens when both Carmelo and Amar'e have an offnight? ...a 14 point loss is the answer

BOX SCORE

TEAM STATS

NBA Standings - Updated: Jan 1, 2014
ATLANTICWLGBDIVCONF
Philadelphia 76ers313-1
Boston Celtics2212-2
Toronto Raptors2212-2
New Jersey Nets1321-3
New York Knicks1321-3
CENTRALWLGBDIVCONF
Cleveland Cavaliers222-2
Detroit Pistons222-2
Milwaukee Bucks12.51-2
Indiana Pacers12.51-2
Chicago Bulls12.51-2
SOUTHEASTWLGBDIVCONF
Miami Heat404-0
Atlanta Hawks3113-1
Charlotte Bobcats211.52-1
Washington Wizards2222-2
Orlando Magic1331-3
NORTHWESTWLGBDIVCONF
Denver Nuggets313-1
Oklahoma City Thunder313-1
Minnesota Timberwolves21.52-1
Utah Jazz1321-3
Portland TrailBlazers1321-3
PACIFICWLGBDIVCONF
Sacramento Kings313-1
Los Angeles Clippers2212-2
Golden State Warriors2212-2
Los Angeles Lakers121.51-2
Phoenix Suns0430-4
SOUTHWESTWLGBDIVCONF
Memphis Grizzlies303-0
Houston Rockets303-0
New Orleans Hornets221.52-2
Dallas Mavericks132.51-3
San Antonio Spurs132.51-3

POWER RANKINGS

UP NEXT: The Chicago Bulls
Old 10-14-2011, 12:38 AM   #78
Banned

Some games are fun.. some games are routine.. this? This was personal..

it's always a fierce battle whenever the Knicks go up against the Bulls with Derrick Rose, Boozer, Deng, Noah and co., what makes this particular game more personal is because it was the Bulls that eliminated my Knicks last season in the 1st round of the playoffs.. no one wants to see a 1 and done and this year, I felt my team was better and was looking forward to some payback

BOX SCORE

TEAM STATS

It's disconcerting that I'd give up that many points in the paint.. mainly because my draft-day trade acquisition, Center R. CATO is a DEFENSIVE styled bigman.. a legitimate 7 footer at 7'2" but I do admit he's a project player so maybe I'm just expecting too much too soon but he needs to step his game up.. we let Boozer, Noah and Deng score far too much in the paint for my liking! And to think I spent my only Training Camp available working on Cato's REBOUNDING for them to get that many offensive rebounds and second chance points is for me, at this point, unnaceptable..

UP NEXT
Old 10-14-2011, 01:51 AM   #79
Banned

The Bucks are always nice to play against.. mostly because I wonder "What If.." what if I had Brandon Jennings.. too bad I can't swing a deal to get him because I think I'd be a certain title contender if I had him at point .. but that's only for what ifs

I like the look of my team as it stands.. and it certainly did not dissapoint me in this game

BOX SCORE

TEAM STATS

UP NEXT
Old 10-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #80
Banned

This was a great game for the BIGS. Specifically, I wanted to see how my youngblood Center Cato played against a more established veteran Center like Roy Hibbert and even against the Pacers' deep bench of Elton Brand..

What is becoming clear is my teams' weakness seems to be the middle this year.. I am simply giving up too many points in the paint (outscored yet again 38-26) which is confusing to me since I have a DEFENSIVE styled Center. It's true that he is very green and needs more time to develop but I hope my teams' flaw is not the fatal kind..

hold it down Cato! hold it down!!

BOX SCORE

TEAM STATS

NBA Standings - Updated: Feb 1, 2014
ATLANTICWLGBDIVCONF
Philadelphia 76ers525-2
Toronto Raptors525-2
New York Knicks4314-3
Boston Celtics331.53-3
New Jersey Nets3423-4
CENTRALWLGBDIVCONF
Cleveland Cavaliers434-3