Home

Reed's NBA 2k17 Dynasty (Using SimWorld's "The League" Roster): The NEW NBA

This is a discussion on Reed's NBA 2k17 Dynasty (Using SimWorld's "The League" Roster): The NEW NBA within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2017, 11:14 AM   #25
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Reed's NBA 2k17 Dynasty (Using SimWorld's "The League" Roster): The NEW NBA

Bullets go 2-0 in first back to back of the regular season.
The Baltimore Bullets impress on their first back to back stretch of the season. They went into overtime in Cincinnati and were able to beat the Apes 128-122 and at home they got the best of the Louisville Lightning, coming away with the 104-96 win. Carlito Fernandez was the player of the game in both games. In the win over the Apes he had a 36 point,11 rebound performance and that carried over into the game against the Lightning where he had a 32 point,13 rebound game. In both games he was not going to let the team lose and really did everything he could to help them be victorious. The Bullets improve to 5-2 on the year and will get a few days off. The squad will welcome the Colorado Black Bears to the Royal Farms Arena on November 30th.
Carlito vs. Apes
Spoiler

Carlito vs. Lightning
Spoiler

photo NBA Logo.jpg
Around the League Scores for November 26th
Neptunes dominate the Blue Jays 116-83. The Jays were held to 13 points in the 3rd quarter.
Black Bears defeat the Tampa Dragons 115-102.
The Force cruise to a 115-99 win over the Houston Rattlers.
San Antonio grounds the Flying Squirrels 122-89. Milwaukee was held to 16 points in the final quarter.

Coach's Notes:
For our first back to back set of the season I'd say we did a pretty bang up job. That game in Cincinnati was wild! There were 6 lead changes in the final quarter alone it was crazy! Gotta give credit where it's due though to Tyrell Carrington. Dude put up 51 ****ing points on us and they STILL came up short. Luckily we were able to contain him in the overtime period and it helped us pull away. If not for him, who knows what that final score would have looked like. As for our home game against Louisville, they put up a fight as expected but honestly we should have put that game away early in the third but we just couldn't do it and let them hang around. If there's one thing I've learned playing sports it's that you can't let teams hang around and hang around because eventually they will find a way to win. So that's something to work on for sure.
Another thing we need to work on is our free throws. In these last two games we have been in mind awful. Against the Apes we shot 61 percent and against the Lightning we shot 70 percent. Those numbers are NOT where I want them to be at all. Looks like tons of free throw shooting in practice for the next few days. Look if you've been reading these for awhile you may be saying to yourself “this Coach Reed seems like a perfectionist” well ya got me. I damn sure am but that's because I care a lot about what I do and only want the best from me and my team, family, whatever it may be. It's the only way to be in my mind. This 4 game home stand is going to be great including another National TV game, can't wait for that one. And with that....I'm tired it's been a long day....sleep sounds nice.

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2017, 11:28 AM   #26
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Good stuff on going 2 and 0 in the back to back but yeesh.... That free throw percentage man. Get that together lol.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:51 AM   #27
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
Good stuff on going 2 and 0 in the back to back but yeesh.... That free throw percentage man. Get that together lol.
Yeah it's abysmal. Especially considering Louisville shot 91 percent from the line as a team. I think part of my struggle is not getting the feedback from the game telling me what the release is late, early etc. I even have feedback on.

Reed is comin' atcha!

Old 02-05-2017, 12:14 AM   #28
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

photo Bullets-Black Bears.png
Bullets protect home court and survive against Colorado.
The Baltimore Bullets manage to defeat the Colorado Black Bears by a slim 110-106 margin. The Bullets dominated in the first half and took a 19 point lead into halftime. However the third quarter was a struggle as Colorado was able to claw their way back into the game and make Baltimore work for it in the end. Chris Bishop Jr was able to put the game away with some clutch free throw shooting at the end to allow the Bullets to escape victorious. Carlito Fernandez again took home POTG honors with another double double. He had 29 points and 18 rebounds. Cam Jackson also put up a double double, 25 points and 16 rebounds. Chris Bishop Jr ended with 19 points and 5 assists. He was also a perfect 6-6 from the free throw line. This win ends the opening month of the season on a positive note for Baltimore. They finish 3-0 at home and take a 6-2 record along with a 3 game win streak into December. The next game for the Bullets is another National TV one, this time at home against the New York Empire on December 2nd.
Spoiler

photo NBA Logo.jpg
Scores Around the League for November 30th
Neptunes blow past the Wolves 115-99. Jordan Sash finished with 25 points leading the way.
The Fire extend their win streak to 6 with a 113-78 blowout of the Lightning. Kareem Packett was on fire with 30 points.
Cincinnati wins 120-101 against the Blue Jays as Columbus continues to struggle with their losing streak at 8.

Coach's Notes:
This was a great way to finish off the first month of the season. While it wasn't exactly what I wanted, we got the job done and that's what matters. It's so frustrating being up 19 at the half and then nothing going your way in the second half. We had that game all under control and then all of a sudden a lid was on the basket in the third quarter and that didn't help at all and it's why we squandered the lead like that. But that's just the basketball gods not wanting us to be great I guess. Gotta give it up to our defense though they played fantastic on that side of the ball, the second quarter was the best as we held them to just 18 points and if there's one thing I love it's a good *** defense and that's what we had. Guys were flying to the ball, blocking shots, getting steals....it was impressive to see. The free throw percentage was much better tonight at 79 percent so that makes me happy but it's still not quite where I want it to be.
The guys who I expected to show up did and when they do that we have a very high chance of winning that game. I like where we are as we end this first month. There's a lot going right which is what we all prefer here. The mood is very upbeat around the facility, everyone is happy. Fans, the local media, the owner, you name it anyone who's anyone around here is pleased with what we have done. The owner even told me that he didn't expect this from me when I signed on. I told him that it was only one month and to wait till next month is over. Let's just say I'm looking forward to a fancy gift from the guy. Anyway we've got a National TV game to start off December against the Empire. ESPN has been all over us, hounding my guys about the let down that was the first game on the big stage. I don't appreciate that at all but Chris being the veteran leader he is handled them nicely. Saying that is “behind us”. Last thing they wanna give us is more bulletien board material. We're all fired up and ready to show that when the lights are bright, the Bullets show up goddamnit.

This concludes the first month of the new NBA season under “The Commish” and his new changes. The new league has been well received by fans who enjoy the added weight to games and all the exciting action that they bring. Let's take a look around the league and see where things are as we get into December.

Eastern Conference Standings
1: San Francisco Fire (6-0)
2: Baltimore Bullets (6-2)
3: Pittsburgh Force (5-2)/ Boston Colonels (5-2)
4: Cincinnati Apes (5-3)
5: Orlando Neptunes (6-5)
6: Richmond Rebels (4-3)
7: Buffalo Braves (2-3)
8: Kansas City Knights (3-5)
9: New York Empire (2-4)
10: Toronto Huskies (1-3)
3 tied for 11th: Omaha Eagles, Louisville Lightning, Tampa Dragons (1-5)
12: Milwaukee Flying Squirrels (1-7)

Western Conference Standings
1: San Diego Surf (5-0)
2: Anaheim Gladiators (7-3)
3: Los Angeles Waves (5-2)
3 tied for 4th: New Orleans Phantoms, San Antonio Devils, Austin Outlaws (4-1)
5: Colorado Black Bears (5-4)
6: Salt Lake City Wolves (4-3)
7: Dallas Tigers (4-4)
8: Phoenix Tribe (3-4)
9: Alaska Snowstalkers (2-3)
10: Seattle Sonics (2-4)
11: Providence Gryphons (2-4)
12: Houston Rattlers (2-6)
13: Columbus Blue Jays (1-9)

Players of the Month
Eastern Conference- Whakil Blackshear (Pittsburgh Force)
Western Conference- Ryan Stafford (San Diego Surf)

Rookie of the Month
Eastern Conference- DJ Carter (Orlando Neptunes)
Western Conference- Emmanuel Rodriguez (San Antonio Devils)

The second month of the season should be just as, if not more interesting than the first as teams look to continue their hot streaks and find a groove. We'll be back at the end of December with another monthly wrap up around the league. Stay tuned basketball fans. If there's anything you would like to see added to these monthly wrap ups let us know and we will provide the information you seek.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:46 PM   #29
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

photo Empire vs. Bullets.png
Bullets storm past the Empire at home 106-96.
The Baltimore Bullets open up the month of December with a convincing 106-96 win at home against the New York Empire. The big three of Jackson,Bishop Jr and Fernandez all came away with great 20 plus point performances. Cam Jackson led the way taking home POTG honors with 27 points and 11 rebounds. Chris Bishop Jr lived up to his nickname ending with 25 points and 7 assists. Finally Carlito Fernandez had two stat categories in the 20's, with 25 points and 22 rebounds. This was a showcase for what this team can do when everything is clicking as they shot 49% from the field and multiple times going on big runs, one of them being a 17-7 run to end the third quarter. The win moves Baltimore to 7-2 on the season and extends their win streak to 4 in a row. The Bullets will welcome the New Orleans Phantoms next on December 4th.
Spoiler

Spoiler

photo NBA Logo.jpg
Scores from around the League for December 2nd
The Huskies offensive explosion leads them to the 123-110 win over the Colorado Black Bears.
Anaheim wins a low scoring game against the Austin Outlaws 93-80.
Columbus ends their losing streak while extending Tampa's to five as they beat the Dragons 116-106.

Coach's Notes:
This was such a fun game. I love games like this so much because it causes every one to look at you and realize “oh **** we're in trouble”. No better place to make a statement than on National TV with the eyes of the NBA on you. My big three did their jobs to perfection, shutting down the Empire and elevating themselves with their solid play. I had no idea what to expect in the third quarter but I told the guys at halftime that the other team “could not ball with us” and it seems that was all I needed to say because we scored 32 points and held them to 18 in the third quarter alone. They were depleted though because Ao Long is missing time with an injury but that's the nature of this league.
Gotta praise the guys tonight some more because that free throw percentage tonight was much better with the 80% clip we shot from the line that just helped us extend the lead, which at one point was 24 if I may add. Even though Cam fouled out early in the fourth we managed to hold on at the end so I can't be too mad about that. Got one day to prepare for the Phantoms, I'm trying to extend this win streak some more!

Old 02-15-2017, 04:00 PM   #30
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

photo Bullets-Phantoms.png
Baltimore extends win streak to 5 games with a 106-92 win against New Orleans
The Baltimore Bullets up end the New Orleans Phantoms 106-92. This was a game that came down to second half adjustments as the Bullets found their stride scoring 59 points in the second half to come out victorious. Chris Bishop Jr played 41 minutes and walked away with POTG honors. He finishes this game leading the team with 27 points and 9 assists. Cam Jackson and Carlito Fernandez both had double doubles as well and Ray Campbell did well filling in for Donovan Robinson who went down in the first 4 minutes with an injury. Baltimore moves to 8-2 on the season and will conclude this home stand with a game against the 2-6 Tampa Dragons on December 7th.
Spoiler

Spoiler

photo NBA Logo.jpg
Scores from Around the League on December 4th
The Black Bears maul the New York Empire 123-98. Braheim Ocho led the way with 32 points.
Tampa sends the Toronto crowd home shocked as the Huskies fall 114-112. Kyle Butler put the dagger in with a fading shot from the post as time expired.
Pittsburgh defeats a struggling Milwaukee team 110-103. Whakil Blackshear finishes with a 31 point,10 assists game.
The Wolves of Salt Lake beat the Phoenix Tribe 114-105.

Coach's Notes: Let me get the bad out of the way first. Donovan Robinson will be out 1-2 weeks with a sprained left toe. I was just talking to Coach Stewart of the Flying Squirrels the other day about how blessed we've been to not have any injuries so far. Knew I should have knocked on wood. Oh well, Ray Campbell will take over the starting role from here while he's out. Next man up is all, hopefully we'll be fine.
Now about this game...I was honestly a little worried at halftime because we trailed 57-47 and the guys were still reeling a bit seeing Donovan go down. But we all pulled together and had a very emotional talk in the locker room. We talked about adversity and how this is our first taste of it. I left them with the question of “how are you going to respond?” Once the second half started they kicked it up to another gear on both sides of the ball. Defensive wise I couldn't have asked for a better performance because we held them to just 17 in the third and 18 in the fourth. And on offense....man my guys caught fire. 30 in the third and 29 in the fourth. Overall a solid performance and now we got one more home game against Tampa. I would love to end our home stand undefeated and show that we can protect this house!

Old 02-21-2017, 09:48 PM   #31
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

photo Bullets vs. Dragons.png
Baltimore rolls to a 120-82 win over Tampa
The Baltimore Bullets make it look easy as they defeat the Tampa Dragons 120-82. This one was all Bullets from the tip off. Both sides of the ball played fantastic and Coach Reed said during the post game press conference that “this was a perfect team win”. Carlito Fernandez led the charge tonight finishing with a double double performance, 22 points and 10 rebounds. The other beast in the paint Cam Jackson had a solid night as well with 18 points and 10 rebounds. The win extends the Bullets win streak to 6 games and they improve to 9-2 on the season and they own fist place in the East. They go on the road for a west coast trip over the next week and they will begin that with an NBA Finals rematch against the LA Waves at Staples Center. This will be the third National TV game for Baltimore and their win streak will be put to the test.
Game Media:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Scores from Around the League for December 7th
Louisville wins the battle of the struggle teams as they beat the Columbus Blue Jays 116-105.

The Phoenix Tribe finally knock the San Francisco Fire from the land of the unbeatens with a 111-100 win.

Neptunes win in San Antonio against the Devils by 10. 124-114.

A buzzer beater by Chris Valentine allows the Richmond Rebels to stun the New York Empire home crowd 112-111.

Providence wins a close one against the Salt Lake City Wolves 112-109.

Coach's Notes:
I'll say the same thing here that I did in the presser, perfect team basketball is what this was all about tonight. That's why the result was so lopsided. That and they couldn't hang with us. Not every team is made equal in this league. We took 17-7 run going into halftime and I told the guys to stay on the gas. Keep pushing until I say so, and they did just that. I know all too well what happens if you let a team hang around. I didn't even have to play the starters a whole lot in the second half. Carlito even made a three pointer for crying out loud. Good thing about games like this is that I got to see more of my bench guys than normal. And boy did Dontravious Perriman (Go Terps) and Tyrese Dawson show their skills. Perriman had 17 points, 6 of those coming off three pointers that I didn't even know he could hit! And Dawson had 15 points with 9 rebounds. Best part in all of this, we got our fans tacos, and that means we also got tacos to go home with us! I better finish these before we get on the plane to California for our big game against the Waves so before I get sauce all over my computer let me just say that this game is going to be huge. The guys told me how much this one means to them and I remember watching their Finals matchup last year. California looooove!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2017, 01:57 PM   #32
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

photo Bullets-Waves.png
Baltimore's win streak is no more as they fall 109-105 in LA.
The Baltimore Bullets lose a heart breaker against the LA Waves 109-105. This was a very exhilarating game from start to finish with 6 lead changes alone in the final quarter. Baltimore at one point led by 10 and took a slim one point lead heading into the fourth. In the closing quarter of the game the action was fast paced and up and down the court the two teams went. They battled all the way till the clock hit zero in what some would say was the best game of the day in terms of emotion. Key turnovers and missed shots down the stretch from the Bullets spelled their demise though. As the final buzzer sounded both teams were very respectful to each other, even Cam Jackson and Cameron McKinney were seen giving the other praise for a great game played. Marcus Domino wins the Player of the Game award for his 26 point and nine assists performance. Leading the way for Baltimore was Carlito Fernandez who had a game high 38 points and 14 rebounds. The Bullets will fall to 9-3 on the season and look to bounce back as they continue their road trip on December 12th when they matchup against the 6-0 San Diego Surf in the first of a back to back.
Spoiler

photo NBA Logo.jpg
Scores from Around the League on December 9th
Columbus survives and protects home court with a 106-105 win over the Buffalo Blue Jays.

Pittsburgh wins a low scoring, defensive heavy game against the New York Empire 79-65.

The Phantoms show no mercy to the San Antonio Devils with a 126-101 drumming.

Phoenix moves back to .500 with a 119-108 win in Cincinnati against the Apes.

Coach's Notes:
Ah man.....goddamnit do I hate losing. We all wanted this one so badly. The worst part is we did this to ourselves. The turnovers there at the end and the shots from everyone went cold. They played so hard to get themselves into the position to win this game but I think we just ran out of gas. But it was still a very fun game, I hope we get to see them again in the finals. Love seeing my guys bring it every night and tonight was no different. Top 3 were Carlito, Cam, and CBJ. Everyone always asks me how come it's always the big men who dominate for me? It's pretty simple I come from an old school style of basketball. Get the ball as close to the hoop as you can and more times than not you're going to score. That in turn opens up the three point game. We shot a decent 72% from the free throw line, gotta continue to improve there. Oh well, we got two days and then we face San Diego. They are undefeated so this is a HUGE game! We can knock them off that pedestal they are on. Games like these really show where you are as a team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »