Home

2010 Washington Huskies

This is a discussion on 2010 Washington Huskies within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2010, 05:50 AM   #65
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2010 Washington Huskies

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu
Well that's sort of the point I was trying to make. There was potential there, but nobody has really lived up to their potential. At some point, they're just wasted talent, which is equivalent to just lack of talent essentially...
Linemen are usually last to fully develop, as they grow to the strength and weight of college football...

Another thing is that it could very well be that Nebraska and USC just have very good offensive lines, I don't know...

Though I do know that LaMichael James is probably very much looking forward to November 6th. I mean, if he can go for 257 against Stanford...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #66
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
Linemen are usually last to fully develop, as they grow to the strength and weight of college football...

Another thing is that it could very well be that Nebraska and USC just have very good offensive lines, I don't know...

Though I do know that LaMichael James is probably very much looking forward to November 6th. I mean, if he can go for 257 against Stanford...
Our defensive line really hasn't played well against Syracuse or BYU either. There's just no getting around that we're not getting it done, particularly the defensive ends.

Oregon is going to kill this defense. Absolutely destroy it. I mean look what Nebraska did, and Oregon runs that offense much better. Our guys on defense just can't seem to figure out who has the ball. I said that before the Nebraska game and look what happened. Don't know what it is. Our only hope would be to have 15 minute drives on offense to keep their offense off the field.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #67
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Something's got to spark the defensive line... I don't know what it would be. I'm not expecting them to dominate, but at least perform up to where you should be.

That Nebraska game I think there were three 3rd and 15+ yard pass plays that the Cornhuskers converted.

The expectations of the Dawgs this year was that their offense would score, and their defense would play well enough to win. Well the former seems to have come around, now the latter needs to step it up. We'll see what happens.

Arizona State at home this weekend... Should be a tough game. They need to keep things rolling, building on their win versus USC...

I just wish Sark would've held off on the "legendary" description of Locker post game.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #68
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Our defensive line really hasn't played well against Syracuse or BYU either. There's just no getting around that we're not getting it done, particularly the defensive ends...
Remembering the BYU game the defense and d-line actually did okay. The circumstances of that game were such that BYU was running quick pass plays that prevented pressure from getting to their QBs... And on top of that they kept on getting good field position, and yet the D held their ground for the most part... The big exception being the breakdown that led to the BYU TD in the second half.

As for the defensive line it very well might be a good thing that they got abused by the Nebraska and USC linemen, to sort of put them through the ringer. Maybe now when they face lesser foes they'll start to perform.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:51 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 32

What a letdown tonight. They let an inferior team come to Seattle and beat them.

This team has zero consistency right now. Just a horrible performance.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:06 AM   #70
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
What a letdown tonight. They let an inferior team come to Seattle and beat them.

This team has zero consistency right now. Just a horrible performance.
Can't really put it any better. Sucked to have to sit in the rain to watch it.

I guess expectations need to be re-adjusted for me. A bowl game is looking tough right now if we don't put together some consistency.

I didn't realize that Devin Aguilar was injured and not available today until after the game. Maybe that would have helped. Sucks that Erik Kohler was out as well. Also, I read that Locker had to use an oxygen mask a few times to catch his breath because he is sick or something like that. He did seem a little off, so perhaps that contributed? I don't know.

Obviously it was extremely disappointing, but I still believe in this coaching staff. Even if we don't make a bowl game this year, it's not the end of the world and I hope nobody goes calling for their heads. I think realistically, we should be in a better position next year as Sark's recruits progress. If we can't make a bowl NEXT year, THEN I could understand some more criticism towards the coaching staff. But for now, I have patience.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:26 AM   #71
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Can't really put it any better. Sucked to have to sit in the rain to watch it.

I guess expectations need to be re-adjusted for me. A bowl game is looking tough right now if we don't put together some consistency.

I didn't realize that Devin Aguilar was injured and not available today until after the game. Maybe that would have helped. Sucks that Erik Kohler was out as well. Also, I read that Locker had to use an oxygen mask a few times to catch his breath because he is sick or something like that. He did seem a little off, so perhaps that contributed? I don't know.

Obviously it was extremely disappointing, but I still believe in this coaching staff. Even if we don't make a bowl game this year, it's not the end of the world and I hope nobody goes calling for their heads. I think realistically, we should be in a better position next year as Sark's recruits progress. If we can't make a bowl NEXT year, THEN I could understand some more criticism towards the coaching staff. But for now, I have patience.
I can understand both sides. UW fans are passionate about Husky football. To get a good laugh, I go to Dawgman to read the "sky is falling" threads, but some of them have some real merit.

Right now, Sark has talked a lot and done little to back it up. I don't say that to slam him, either. I like him and think he'll improve as a coach, but I feel like he has really hurt Jake Locker. He is not your prototypical QB. He needs to get space, he needs to roll out, he needs to get some carries. He ran for nearly 1,000 yards as a freshman. He's a dual threat QB. I think Sark doesn't give UW their best chance to win when he handcuffs Jake. You can tell me I'm wrong and I'll listen, but that's just my opinion.

He has made some questionable play calls as well. He is not blameless. Again, don't get me wrong because I like Sark and really hope he proves to be the man to get the Huskies back... but tonight's loss was bad. I know there were factors that hurt us (Kohler, Aguilar, Jake being sick) but all teams deal with those types of issues. UW, IMO, was more talented than ASU and got completely outplayed at home. That can't happen anymore and I think UW fans who want some accountability are not wrong for expecting that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2010, 03:35 AM   #72
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

Dawgman is freakin insane and depressing after a loss. I can't go there afterwards, even on the premium boards. It's insane and makes me hate these so called "Husky fans"

I thought Sark did a good job of trying to roll Jake out today, but everytime he did, ASU had a LB spying him and right there waiting, from what I saw. But yeah, Sark is still learning and there have been some big mistakes. If he doesn't eventually show improvement in his play calling and preparation of the players, then I could see the criticism. Fans wanting accountability is one thing. Fans blaming the crap out of everyone for every single little thing that goes wrong is another. I think that the countless years of losing has fans extremely impatient. What must be realized though: none of that is Sark's fault. It isn't his fault that the team went 0-12, so why act like it was his fault? He came in last year and deserves a fresh, clean slate. You need more than a year to build a successful program. Don James didn't do great his first two years. People just need to give it time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »