Home

Week 12 Discussion

This is a discussion on Week 12 Discussion within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2022, 12:21 AM   #33
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: Week 12 Discussion

Not going to pretend like I expected USCe to win, but I just had a gut feeling that something weird could happen in that game after all the close games earlier.

We can eliminate Tennessee, UCLA and North Carolina from playoff contention.

If Auburn, Missouri and Vanderbilt all pull out upsets next week then the entire SEC would be bowl eligible. Minus Texas A&M of course lol.
Old 11-20-2022, 02:20 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
Not going to pretend like I expected USCe to win, but I just had a gut feeling that something weird could happen in that game after all the close games earlier.

We can eliminate Tennessee, UCLA and North Carolina from playoff contention.

If Auburn, Missouri and Vanderbilt all pull out upsets next week then the entire SEC would be bowl eligible. Minus Texas A&M of course lol.
And they could potentially be completely left out of the playoff, it would be glorious.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2022, 12:45 PM   #35
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Broadcast took a turn

https://twitter.com/ShannonSharpe/st...fTJdSEAgw&s=19

"Keep my wife name out your mouth" moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2022, 05:07 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Torn ACL for Hooker. That’s going to hurt his draft stock.

What a disaster of a night.
Old 11-20-2022, 06:53 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I think UGA is safe for CFP regardless if LSU wins the SEC title. Winner of OSU/UM obviously gets #2. If the game is close, I think the loser still has a chance at #4.
I think TCU should be able to since they close out against ISU and likely KSU. But I can see them getting screwed out of it. If USC can beat ND and Oregon, that might sway some votes. But TCU would have 6 wins against ranked opponents if they beat KSU again in conference championship. Even if LSU were to upset UGA, I wouldn't want to see a 2 loss team over TCU. I would be okay if it was USC. Don't like they're schedule. They almost need statement wins against ND and Oregon to get in CFP.

So, I think the 4 will likely remain the same. Outside of obvious upsets along the way, only thing that change it is the result of OSU/UM. As long as it is close and competitive, I think both teams are safe. I like they're schedules over USC and a 2 loss LSU team. But if it a blowout, I think the loser has a good chance of falling out.
Old 11-20-2022, 07:05 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Pick 4 teams from the following group. The ACC champ, B1G champ, Big 12 champ, PAC champ, SEC champ. That's 5 teams there. Figure out which 4 are the most deserving once the games are played. That is how simple it should be, but not how simple it likely will be.

― Plato
Old 11-20-2022, 07:52 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Pick 4 teams from the following group. The ACC champ, B1G champ, Big 12 champ, PAC champ, SEC champ. That's 5 teams there. Figure out which 4 are the most deserving once the games are played. That is how simple it should be, but not how simple it likely will be.
I do like the idea of stressing winning your power conference and being in the CFP. But I can see scenarios where the Big 12 and PAC champ has 2 losses. It kind of falls into play this season. Let's say the OSU/UM is a one possession victory, let's say 27-24. Good chance that the loser drops to #4. Should that one loss OSU/UM team make it over USC if USC beats ranked ND and Oregon. I think have 3 consecutive wins over three top 20 ranked teams should propel them over the loser of OSU/UM. I think OSU could withstand the loss more than Michigan. Michigan only played 1 ranked team before next week. If Corum can't play, that changes things.

Wouldn't mind seeing UGA, OSU/UM, TCU, USC for CFP. That way one for each conference. UGA would obviously be the favorite, but fun not to see a SEC dominated CFP
Old 11-20-2022, 07:57 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I do like the idea of stressing winning your power conference and being in the CFP. But I can see scenarios where the Big 12 and PAC champ has 2 losses. It kind of falls into play this season. Let's say the OSU/UM is a one possession victory, let's say 27-24. Good chance that the loser drops to #4. Should that one loss OSU/UM team make it over USC if USC beats ranked ND and Oregon. I think have 3 consecutive wins over three top 20 ranked teams should propel them over the loser of OSU/UM. I think OSU could withstand the loss more than Michigan. Michigan only played 1 ranked team before next week. If Corum can't play, that changes things.

Wouldn't mind seeing UGA, OSU/UM, TCU, USC for CFP. That way one for each conference. UGA would obviously be the favorite, but fun not to see a SEC dominated CFP
I see where you're coming from. I'm just always going to be on the side of the fence that only wants conference champs in the playoffs while it is at 4 teams. Your first shot at the playoffs is winning your conference. If you can't even do that, I personally don't think you earned a playoff spot.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »