Home

Wow... a USC vs. LSU game now has to happen

This is a discussion on Wow... a USC vs. LSU game now has to happen within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 12:38 AM   #33
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Wow... a USC vs. LSU game now has to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
They're replacing their starting WR's this year. Jarrett and Smith are big losses , especially in the red zone.
Heard they lost Williams to injury for the season. I know they're stacked on paper, but if there's one position I'm nervous about if I'm a Trojan fan, it's at wide out.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:38 AM   #34
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
Yeah, everyone wants to stick it to the SEC--lots of hate for some reason. Easier said than done though. Ask the Buckeyes of Ohio State, who were anointed as God's Own Team before the NC game.
No one hates the SEC. Everyone hates SEC fans constantly complaining they can't win a NC because their conference is tougher than everyone else. Completely ignoring the fact the SEC doesn't play anyone OOC, and travels away from home on even rarer occasions. For so many dominant teams, count how many have 8 home games and how many play D-1AA teams.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:41 AM   #35
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Had LSU continued to kick people in the teeth like USC did after 2003, they'd be getting the big media also no? I just don't get it. I also don't get the threat of a loss every week in SEC play. LSU has what 2 SEC games this year, that should provide them much of a threat? Florida, Auburn? Maybe Arkansas?

I read that USC has one of the hardest schedules again, but outside of California every team seems easily beatable as they are either extremely overrated or not even close to the talent of USC. However, I guess if you want to hype up a team for the season it helps to say their schedule will be extremely tough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2007, 12:41 AM   #36
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
Heard they lost Williams to injury for the season. I know they're stacked on paper, but if there's one position I'm nervous about if I'm a Trojan fan, it's at wide out.
Which Williams?

That is the position I am worried about.

On paper, still a loaded, but inexperienced position. All indications though, are that David Ausberry really wowed some people. Who at 6-4, 225 drew a lot of favorable comparisons to Mike Williams and Dwayne Jarrett. We'll have to see.

Still not a huge JDB fan either.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:42 AM   #37
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
They're replacing their starting WR's this year. Jarrett and Smith are big losses , especially in the red zone.

True, but Turner, Davis, Hazelton, Ausberry and co. aren't slouches, and with all those RBs, and Booty, and perhaps the best defense in the country, USC'll be just fine. Obviously you can't account for luck, injuries, and other assorted football variables, but USC is more talented than any team on their schedule this year, and given Carroll's track record of getting them ready for big games, there's no reason not to expect the Trojans to be in New Orleans in January.

Last edited by Psyblast; 07-10-2007 at 12:46 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:44 AM   #38
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
Mostly Miles. He had to go and run his mouth on and on about something the Trojans CANNOT control. He called out an entire school and an entire region. Who does that? I crack up that he apparently is obsessed with SC, since he didn't bother mentioning any other school.

Yes we all know the SEC is a great conference. Shut your mouth and play the game. Classy Miles real classy.
What is exactly wrong with calling out a whole region? It shouldn't matter to the west coast schools because there are things more important in the world than college football. If they are trying to be the best region for football in the country then yes be upset, but it appears that is not the case.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:45 AM   #39
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainey
I read that USC has one of the hardest schedules again, but outside of California every team seems easily beatable as they are either extremely overrated or not even close to the talent of USC. However, I guess if you want to hype up a team for the season it helps to say their schedule will be extremely tough.
UCLA and Oregon St. beat them last year, and both teams will be better this year. I wouldn't sleep on either Oregon team this year. But it's easy to say the Pac 10 is weak. I wouldn't say Nebraska at Nebraska in week 2 is an easily beatable game. No one really knows what to expect out of ND. Funny thing is, the only teams to beat them outside of Texas in the NC game, since 2003 are Pac 10 teams.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:45 AM   #40
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Damian Williams, although I didn't even factor in he'll have to sit out the year anyway. So it really doesn't matter I guess.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »