Home

Wow... a USC vs. LSU game now has to happen

This is a discussion on Wow... a USC vs. LSU game now has to happen within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 12:46 AM   #41
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Wow... a USC vs. LSU game now has to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainey
What is exactly wrong with calling out a whole region? It shouldn't matter to the west coast schools because there are things more important in the world than college football. If they are trying to be the best region for football in the country then yes be upset, but it appears that is not the case.
The West is never going to be the best region. There simply aren't enough teams out here for that to be true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2007, 12:47 AM   #42
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
UCLA and Oregon St. beat them last year, and both teams will be better this year. I wouldn't sleep on either Oregon team this year. But it's easy to say the Pac 10 is weak. I wouldn't say Nebraska at Nebraska in week 2 is an easily beatable game. No one really knows what to expect out of ND. Funny thing is, the only teams to beat them outside of Texas in the NC game, since 2003 are Pac 10 teams.
So you are saying that UCLA and Oregon State have talent comparable to USC? I don't think I can compute that...
Old 07-10-2007, 12:48 AM   #43
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
What is exactly wrong with calling out a whole region? It shouldn't matter to the west coast schools because there are things more important in the world than college football. If they are trying to be the best region for football in the country then yes be upset, but it appears that is not the case.
It comes off as bitter, and jealous and petty, and actually a bit ignorant. He has his opinion just like everyone else does. If he makes such inflammatory comments, be prepared for some backlash.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:48 AM   #44
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Had LSU continued to kick people in the teeth like USC did after 2003, they'd be getting the big media also no? I just don't get it. I also don't get the threat of a loss every week in SEC play. LSU has what 2 SEC games this year, that should provide them much of a threat? Florida, Auburn? Maybe Arkansas?

Its nothing wrong with attention but the network goes overboard at times and some people connect the dots to USC.

AS far as this year goes I actually expect a down year and hope the defense carries us. I could see us losing to any of the three you named and Bama included Nick Satan at home might be bigger of a hurdle than people think. I never sleep on Steve Spurrier especially earlier in the season where you dont have alot of game footage to look at so the other USC scares me too.

I just dont get how you can lose your entire pass offense and your two best DBs on defense and be a better squad... but I am hoping the RBs get it together and if that happens then this team will look alot like the 2003 team. Becasue we are tough in the middle
Old 07-10-2007, 12:51 AM   #45
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
It comes off as bitter, and jealous and petty, and actually a bit ignorant. He has his opinion just like everyone else does. If he makes such inflammatory comments, be prepared for some backlash.
I guess it could be seen that way. Maybe every Pac-10 school should invite LSU to come out and play some non-conference games. That would make things interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2007, 12:51 AM   #46
Pro

Geauxldenboy's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
In a matchup like that, I'll take the team with the veteran experience at QB.

That being said, I don't think LSU has the firepower at the skill positions on offense nor the experience needed at the QB position to get to the championship game. Nothing but respect for LSU, but imo, they take a step back this year, before taking a step forward in the coming years. That and I am not a big Les Miles guy. But I guess we'll have to see.

As for USC, defense returns 10 starters, and there are many who feel their as deep or deeper than anyone at just about every defensive position. SEC fans love to brag about their speed and physicality on defense, but I'd put the current Trojan defense up against anyone. That being said, I expect a let down from USC this year. Lots of talent, lots of youth, but lets face it, the law of averages is bound to catch up some time for them to have a down year. Road trip to Lincoln early in the year, will let everyone know exactly where this teams stands.

I'd be rather surprised if either team plays for the title, nevermind both of them. But I'd love for a USC vs. LSU matchup. Sad thing is, USC win, and LSU fans jealousy and hatred of all things Trojan will just get worse. Somehow LSU fan has it in their mind 2003 was USC's fault. Not the BCS conferences and the University president's including their own. I don't think the McKnight signing helped at all either.
BK,

Good points. I can respect anyone that actually states a case with logic and not just stupid trash talk.

As far as LSU's offense is concerned, losing Russell, Bowe and Davis will hurt. QB Matt Flynn is a 5th year senior, but Gary Crowton is installing a new system and Flynn's game experience is limited. Early Doucet will be a force at WR, but we need some young guys to step up so that he isn't constantly doubled. That being said, I think that the defense will carry us until some guys can mature into playmakers.

In regards to your comments about LSU fans hating all things USC and blaming them for 2003, that only applies to a small amount of us. Most realize that the system needs an overhaul. Alot of LSU fans have a vendetta against the media, not the Trojans, it just seems that way because USC gets alot of press coverage.

You may be right about neither team getting to the big game. I think that USC does have a tough road there when you consider the PAC 10 seems to be getting better, and their ooc schedule. And.....just when I start to believe in Miles, he does something like this, which I think just increased the amount of pressure his players will feel during the season. Some LSU fans will hate me for mentioning his name, but Saban was the exact opposite. He downplayed every game because he wanted the players to not feel extra pressure or expectation. That was a better approach in my opinion.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:52 AM   #47
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I guess it could be seen that way. Maybe every Pac-10 school should invite LSU to come out and play some non-conference games. That would make things interesting.
WE have Arizona, ASU, and Oreagan St down who's next.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:52 AM   #48
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
Damian Williams, although I didn't even factor in he'll have to sit out the year anyway. So it really doesn't matter I guess.
That's what I thought, but I was confused because of exactly that. Even if healthy and eligible this year, there's no guarantee he would have sniffed the field anyway.

Guy I am curious about is Jamere Holland. Speed kills and he has a lot of it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »