Home

PS4 of videos to facebook slowing the network to crawl

This is a discussion on PS4 of videos to facebook slowing the network to crawl within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: PS4 of videos to facebook slowing the network to crawl

I upload my videos while my ps4 is on standby. Works well for me never tried while I was playing another game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #10
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns11
This sounds like a bad router, possibly even your head end since it's cable, getting saturated. Nothing Sony can do about that, aside from throttling the upload which would be horrible for everyone else.

This isn't a PS4 or Sony issue.
So why exactly can I upload files to any site, including Facebook with pretty much zero impact on my network from my PCs or iPad yet this PS4 Facebook upload literally takes down my network? I'm not saying the ps4 is defective, but something about its method of connecting and uploading to Facebook is causing issues that I don't see from any other device.

Maybe I'll try setting up a twitch account and see what happens.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #11
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

i notice this too. my upload speed is 1.0 mbps. i think i need a new router. i notice i have to upload when im sleeping and im not using the net. because if i use the net or be on xbox or ps4 i cant upload it takes forever or wont even work

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #12
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
i notice this too. my upload speed is 1.0 mbps. i think i need a new router. i notice i have to upload when im sleeping and im not using the net. because if i use the net or be on xbox or ps4 i cant upload it takes forever or wont even work
So for you the ps4 upload doesn't work? Or does everything else not work? For me the upload from ps4 works fine but it kills everything else. No surfing on iPad or PC or even looking at psn items. Network is essentially DOA except ps4 to Facebook.

Twitch stream works fine. If I could just save off my vids in some way other than Facebook is be fine.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #13
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OK. So I brought this to my office to test. The PS4 appears to be uploading to Facebook without incident here. It isn't hogging up bandwidth and it isn't locking any other machines up.

Of course the PSN is down for maintenance so I cannot check everything. When I try to browse the store it says down for maintenance. Go figure.

Now how do I get Time Warner to straighten this out? At home every single feature on my home network works phenomenal except this one feature. Well, technically it works but it's as if the upload to Facebook knocks everything on the entire network offline. I'm sure TWC will blame the PS4 and Sony.

I haven't had to buy a new router for years since one has always been provided and worked without issue until now.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #14
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Yeah, its happening with me as well. Cuts off every other device on the network. I also have the Arris Wireless Modem/Router combo. It's junk. I'll upload a video, and then try to get on the laptop to view it, and my laptop will tell me I have no connection.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #15
MVP

icicle22's Arena

I have Time Warner coming out tomorrow to replace the router. They are requesting a Motorola Wireless Router but I doubt that will happen. Who knows? I figure if I just try a new one I at least rule out if this one is defective. Then I'll have to find out if I can provide my own. Or live with it.

Again, if Sony would just allow us to copy the files to USB I'd be completely ok with this not working as I wouldn't need it!

I will keep you posted as I get answers or no answers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #16
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Don't have a PS4 yet, but I do have an Arris and Road Runner Wideband. I'm not impressed with this modem.I never had the amount of freeze-ups and bog downs than with this one. But TW says this is the modem they have to use for wideband. Let me know if you can get a different brand of modem. This thing is too big, ugly and too spotty in it's performance for my taste. I have a TG852, BTW....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »