Home

Microsoft Reveals the New Xbox Series X, Arrives in Holiday 2020

This is a discussion on Microsoft Reveals the New Xbox Series X, Arrives in Holiday 2020 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2020, 09:40 PM   #89
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Microsoft Reveals the New Xbox Series X, Arrives in Holiday 2020

Impressive console but it's not buying me over with upgrades of current gen games. I want to see something I haven't seen before that's a real tech demo.

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 03-17-2020, 10:03 AM   #90
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49UNCFan
Impressive console but it's not buying me over with upgrades of current gen games. I want to see something I haven't seen before that's a real tech demo.
Microsoft has that Gamestack digital presentation next two days and the Series X/XCloud portion will be at 11:55PDT. I assume most of what they will talk about is info they put out yesterday and past. All Xbox has left to announce is Price, unannounced console features(if any left), and games. I expect the games to be announced in June with their digital press conference.

At this point, I want to see next gen games even if it just a tech demo. Current gen upgrades are cool, but unless it's a drastic difference, it won't sell me either. Wish they had at least one major Series X exclusive that can show off the power of that console.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:24 AM   #91
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Microsoft has that Gamestack digital presentation next two days and the Series X/XCloud portion will be at 11:55PDT. I assume most of what they will talk about is info they put out yesterday and past. All Xbox has left to announce is Price, unannounced console features(if any left), and games. I expect the games to be announced in June with their digital press conference.

At this point, I want to see next gen games even if it just a tech demo. Current gen upgrades are cool, but unless it's a drastic difference, it won't sell me either. Wish they had at least one major Series X exclusive that can show off the power of that console.
Yea, I'm tired of seeing current gen upgrades it's nice but not what I want to see out my Next Gen console.

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2020, 10:42 AM   #92
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49UNCFan
Yea, I'm tired of seeing current gen upgrades it's nice but not what I want to see out my Next Gen console.
When it comes to current gen upgrades, it's something you have to experience to feel the difference. Especially from this current gen. I rather see 360 and Xbox games being shown and getting benefiting from Series X. That would have been a better way to show off power.
With all the talks how powerful the console the leap forward we should see, I want to next gen games. Not just for the graphics. But for the little nuances. Extra detail, Ray tracing, games being created with SSD in mind, smarter NPCs. Stuff like that
Old 03-17-2020, 11:24 AM   #93
MVP

OVR: 0

Technically, Microsoft already showed two games in Everwild and Hellblade 2 if not three games including Halo Infinite. They've already shown a few cinematic trailers for next gen. Not expecting gameplay until their E3 Digital Showcase.

As for the current gen games being upgraded, expect Sony to do the same in their video tomorrow which they started with Spider Man last year. Any new game reveals or first ever gameplay like of Halo Infinite has been reserved for the E3 Digital Showcase.

I wouldn't waste any of that stuff in a Digital Foundry video.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:30 AM   #94
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Yeah, not expecting any game stuff really this week, it's all about the hardware and infrastructure. In particular I'm interested in any additional announcements related to xCloud and the things this console does to lean into that.

xCloud works so well as it is, I could easily see a future within a couple of console generations where my kids just won't need to own consoles.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2020, 12:52 AM   #95
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

I have a question in regards to BC:

They say all previous gen games will be playable on the Series X, in what context are we talking? Say just downloading them off Xbox Live then playing them, or if we have our old games laying around, the Series X will read the old discs and we can play them no problem?

IE... NCAA 14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2020, 05:05 AM   #96
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
I have a question in regards to BC:

They say all previous gen games will be playable on the Series X, in what context are we talking? Say just downloading them off Xbox Live then playing them, or if we have our old games laying around, the Series X will read the old discs and we can play them no problem?

IE... NCAA 14.
It will be games that are backwards compatible with the Xbox One. So no NCAA.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »