Home

PlayStation 5

This is a discussion on PlayStation 5 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2020, 05:41 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: PlayStation 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
My PS5 story has been a personal and major Life-Defining moment which I won't forget ever and will share with you.

Once I was able to secure a PS5 preorder, I cancelled my xobox-x order. Not going to lie, but I've been reading from many OSers horror stories regarding Antonline from some of the posters here regarding poor services as well as unfulfilled promises. A sinking feeling crept over me immediately. I also researched that they were a reputable electronics dealer in the Atlanta area and had received top marks especially in regards to new console releases. I was able to preorder the Demon Souls, Miles Morales and an extra controller bundle at a good price. They sent me a invoice, and shipped it out in a secure package for me for pickup Friday with no shipping disaster stories. Well, that Friday night I plugged it in, loved seeing Miles and installed MLB20 and immediately loved the new controller. I was a happy gamer!

The next day, Saturday morning, Nov 14 in anticipation of enjoying more of the PS5 there was something else going on. Not with the console, but with my health. I was experiencing chest pains. My wife quickly called 911 and I was quickly sped away to a major hospital in the area. The next thing I recall was the feeling of getting a beatdown, as if I was being punched all over. Where I believe when waking up from this, I was in the ER, a doctor had just explained to me that I had flat-lined, had to be revived, and was experiencing a major heart attack. I was quickly moved to the operating table. Skip now to Tuesday, November 17 and I had finally awakened late afternoon from an induced coma to learn that I had apparently survived a quadruple open heart surgery.

I was finally released Sunday to go home but my journey back for me will be awhile. I'll be going through a long list of physical therapies. I want to thank all the doctors, nurses, technicians and EMS drivers from ST Joseph Comm Hospital in Patterson for saving my life. I have alot to be thankful during this POS year and even though I'll be quarantined during the Thanksgiving Holiday and most likely any event that still remains. I also want to make a big shout to everyone who posts here their stories, whether positive or negative that I was able to read during the weekend regarding their console experiences and helped me find some normalcy during a difficult time in my life.

Glad to hear that you made it through all that and are recovering. Hope that you can fully recover soon so you can be home in time for Christmas so you can spend it with your family.

While im not one to ever speak for anyone else, im sure that in this instance, I can when I say that we're all here for you as best as we can be.

Take Care Picci.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2020, 06:07 PM   #106
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
My PS5 story has been a personal and major Life-Defining moment which I won't forget ever and will share with you.

Once I was able to secure a PS5 preorder, I cancelled my xobox-x order. Not going to lie, but I've been reading from many OSers horror stories regarding Antonline from some of the posters here regarding poor services as well as unfulfilled promises. A sinking feeling crept over me immediately. I also researched that they were a reputable electronics dealer in the Atlanta area and had received top marks especially in regards to new console releases. I was able to preorder the Demon Souls, Miles Morales and an extra controller bundle at a good price. They sent me a invoice, and shipped it out in a secure package for me for pickup Friday with no shipping disaster stories. Well, that Friday night I plugged it in, loved seeing Miles and installed MLB20 and immediately loved the new controller. I was a happy gamer!

The next day, Saturday morning, Nov 14 in anticipation of enjoying more of the PS5 there was something else going on. Not with the console, but with my health. I was experiencing chest pains. My wife quickly called 911 and I was quickly sped away to a major hospital in the area. The next thing I recall was the feeling of getting a beatdown, as if I was being punched all over. Where I believe when waking up from this, I was in the ER, a doctor had just explained to me that I had flat-lined, had to be revived, and was experiencing a major heart attack. I was quickly moved to the operating table. Skip now to Tuesday, November 17 and I had finally awakened late afternoon from an induced coma to learn that I had apparently survived a quadruple open heart surgery.

I was finally released Sunday to go home but my journey back for me will be awhile. I'll be going through a long list of physical therapies. I want to thank all the doctors, nurses, technicians and EMS drivers from ST Joseph Comm Hospital in Patterson for saving my life. I have alot to be thankful during this POS year and even though I'll be quarantined during the Thanksgiving Holiday and most likely any event that still remains. I also want to make a big shout to everyone who posts here their stories, whether positive or negative that I was able to read during the weekend regarding their console experiences and helped me find some normalcy during a difficult time in my life.

Sorry to hear that man, glad you got that taken care off and am sure after therapy you will be back to normal and better then ever. At least you got a new console to get you through the tough therapy but hang in there and you will dominate
Old 11-23-2020, 07:07 PM   #107
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Thank you all for the kind words. I don't want this thread to be about me. I want to continue reading from all of you about the pros and cons of this system so that when I return to playing, your inputs will get me going in what to expect.

Thank you all again.
Old 11-23-2020, 07:15 PM   #108
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Man, Picci. That's insane. So glad your wife was there and able to call 911.

And so glad you pulled through. I hope you can enjoy your PS5. And want to wish you a great holiday season. A second chance at life is, well, life changing. I've been there before.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:05 AM   #109
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Picci, glad you're ok and here's to a speedy recovery.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-24-2020, 10:15 AM   #110
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

With all these issues with the PS5, I'm definitely going to hold out until at least next year. I don't recall the same issues present in previous releases, I wonder if they rushed it or something.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 11-24-2020, 10:37 AM   #111
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

I truly hope I don't encounter any problems. Mine has been going very well.

Also, I think it is a 3% rate of faulty machines at this point (which is a high number). I want to say that's what I read yesterday, it's under 5% for sure, but with the projected sales of 4.6 million by the end of this year, that'll total to around 138,000 bricked PS5's. Plus, with the people with problems, they all are very expressive people within social media, or you see them where you visit sites.

It's common enough to be heard, but I doubt it is happening to the majority of people. Myself, my friends, my discord group all have had zero problems.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2020, 11:01 AM   #112
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

I've been lucky so far. Think it's crashed 2 times. Being an early adopter is such a gamble but that's the risk we all take.

Its been a while since I've worked with electronics manufacturing but I think 3% is an okay failure rate for class 2 electronic products. (Class 2 is stuff like TV's, laptops, and things of that nature)

I don't think the problems are as wide spread as some are making it out to be though. Like you said people who are unhappy usually make the most noise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »