Home

BCS National Championship... DONE MY WAY!

This is a discussion on BCS National Championship... DONE MY WAY! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2006, 07:14 PM   #17
Collab: xcellnoah@gmail

X*Cell's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: BCS National Championship... DONE MY WAY!

(1) Ohio State: 37
(8) Wake Forest: 16

The game was close through two quarters, but Troy Smith and the Buckeyes proved to be too much for the Deamon Decons. Smith threw for 232 yards on only 16 attempts, completing 13 of them. On those 13 completions, 4 were touchdowns. Roy Hall had 2 TD's on 5 receptions for a total of 101 yards.

Riley Skinner of Wake Forest threw for 302 yards and 2 TD's, but he also got picked off twice, and was 17 for 36 completions. Wake Forest had 3 turnovers compared to Ohio State's 0 which is what made the difference. Wake Forest had 502 total yards, which was much more than Ohio State's 381.

Aaron Curry for Wake Forest had 3 Tackles for a loss, and 1 sack on 8 total tackles. However, the player of the game was Marcus Freeman of Ohio State who picked off 1 pass and forced a fumble.

2 of 3 Turnovers resulted from LB Marcus Freeman

Last edited by X*Cell; 12-04-2006 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:36 PM   #18
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

I like the top 8 getting bids rather than conferance champs. Anybody remember Pitt vs. Utah? The only problem is having the games at a neutral site. Too much traveling and money for the team's fans that makes it to the title game. There is always gonna be something wrong with any system. If you have a 64 team playoff(hypothetically) youll have 10 teams saying they shoulda been selected, and teams will complain about the seedings.

But a playoff with a shorter reg. season would be nice.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:52 PM   #19

X*Cell's Arena

(2) Florida: 16
(7) Oklahoma: 35

In the age old format of the former BCS system, Florida would have been guaranteed a spot in the finale. Under the new system, they have to step through a few tough teams to get there... such as Oklahoma. It proved to be too much for Urban Meyer and his crew. The final game's two spots will be reserved for someone else.

What went wrong? For one, Florida could not get to the redzone. Although they converted on 100% of their redzone trips, they were only there once. 1 TD was all they got out of it. Oklahoma made it to the redzone 7 times!!! They scored 3 touchdowns, but had 2 field goals blocked by the Gators' special teams defensive unit. The Sooners also blocked a fieldgoal attempt, had 1 kickoff return touchdown, and scored a touchdown off an interception as time expired in the contest.

Chris Leak of Florida passed for 243 yards, but was 16 for 35 on completions, throwing 2 touchdowns, but 3 interceptions. He also got pretty shaken up on one scramble forcing Tim Tebow to take the field for one pass play. Interception!!! Nothing was going right for the Gators.

Chris Leak and the Florida Gators' offense
looked lost the whole game, committing 5 turnovers.

Despite the Sooners racking up 22 penalty yards compared to the Gators' 1 penalty yard, they were dominating defensively. C.J. Ah You racked up 3 sacks and forced 1 fumble. On offense the Sooners struggled just a tad but their defense for the most part got them in the redzone by creating turnovers. Allen Patrick only averaged 1.9 yards per rush, but had 2 rushing TD's.

Last edited by X*Cell; 12-04-2006 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:30 PM   #20

X*Cell's Arena

(4) USC: 60
(5) Louisville: 35

Louisville outplayed USC all across the field... that is, until they got close to the goal line. They out-passed USC 509 yards to 218. However the more important stat to take a look at is yards per pass attempt. Louisville passed for 11.6 yards per attempt, while USC passed for 12.1. USC also had 6 passing TD's and only 1 interception, compared to Louisville's 4 TD's and 4 interceptions.

Both teams were in the redzone 6 times. USC scored 3 TD's and 1 fieldgoal while there. Louisville scored only 1 TD and had no fieldgoals. Turnovers proved to be the biggest difference, because other than that the pass rush and run stoppers on both squads were dominantly deadlocked. Both teams' defenses forced the offense to lose yards on 15 plays. Both secondaries got lit up for a combined 95 points.

The best play of the game was when John David Booty escaped pressure from 4 rushing d-linemen and tossed up a 50 yard pass downfield. The flyball was chased down by Dwayne Jarrett who looked like a baseball outfielder for a moment. He caught the ball with noone within 15 yards. He scored easily.

WR Dwayne Jarrett came out of
nowhere to make an amazing
catch against Louisville.

Chauncey Washington ran pretty decent and Oscar Lua picked off 2 redzone passes. However, the player of the game has to go to a player from the losing team, because his stats were outrageous. This player was Harry Douglas who recieved for an incredible 344 yards on 10 catches, scoring 4 times. His long was an 86 yard catch, followed by a 79 yarder.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:14 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Are you actually PLAYING the games? Or just simulating them and watching the game?
i'm like josh howard,
i need time out but it'll cost the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2006, 04:19 PM   #22

X*Cell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by audemars
Are you actually PLAYING the games? Or just simulating them and watching the game?
Playing the games... but with an friend who is extremely equal in skill as I am... his defensive schemed was bucked up against the Trojans but sometimes it happens. All the same, it should be realistic enough. We are going to do the same thing for Madden and the NFL Playoffs as well.

Tonight's games:

Boise State vs. Michigan

and then...

Round 2
Old 12-05-2006, 10:11 PM   #23

X*Cell's Arena

(3) Michigan: 14
(6) Boise State: 31

A strong Michigan defense folded today giving up 342 total yards to the Boise State Broncos. Even worse, they let Boise State pass for an average of 11.14 yards per attempt. They contested with an average of 7.24... not even close. Mario Manningham was the only player spotted having a good game. He scored twice on 6 catches, recieving 163 yards for an average of 27.1 yards per catch.

Jared Zabransky didn't wow anyone, but he was consistent and solid behind the snap. Ian Johnson ran for 86 yards and scored 2 touchdowns. The player of the game for Boise State was Drisan James who caught 10 passes, collecting 183 yards, and 2 touchdowns.

Jared Zabransky and the Broncos who are 13-0,
still have a perfect season going.

Nothing much to boast about this game besides Michigan not playing up to standard. The amount of total yardage they gave up did not represent their defensive effort during the season at all, or it could be that Boise State who is now 13-0 is really that good.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:23 PM   #24

X*Cell's Arena

(1) Ohio State: 45
(4) USC: 35

4 touchdowns, 4 big plays. That was USC's offense. Four seperate occasions they had a play stretch for more than 63 yards. However, within the 366 yards tabulated by the Trojans, they could only manage to earn 4 first downs. The Buckeyes... 21 first downs.

Trailing early, Troy Smith started using his mobility to offset the defense. Many times he took linebackers out of the backfield because of his ability to run the football, picking up 86 rushing yards, and 284 passing yards as well. He threw for 3 TD's and completed 20 out of 33 passes. Even when Smith had to sit for the remainder of the game with a elbow injury, Justin Zwick threw 6 for 6 with 1 TD, and 51 yards.

Troy Smith made USC's head spin
by passing with precision and
running down their throats.

Ted Ginn Jr. picked up 111 yards. Dwayne Jarrett and Fred Davis for USC combined for 260 yards and 2 TD's on 6 catches.

Brandon O'Neal and Jamario Mitchell for Ohio State helped the Buckeyes keep the ball for a large portion of the game by forcing numerous sacks and picking off a few passes. The Buckeyes held possession of the football for 40:42 of the game. Ohio State was able to make the redzone 7 times, limiting USC to no trips whatsoever. They were also 8/13 on 3rd Down Conversions, and 2/2 on 4th Down tries. USC was 3/8 and 0/1 respectively.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »