Home

EA Locker Rumor

This is a discussion on EA Locker Rumor within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #81
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: EA Locker Rumor

Haha, well the pros are a little different in that sense, that's for sure!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #82
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc1130
True but I'm pretty sure a ton of Broncos fans are tuning in on Sundays to watch a certain backup QB hold a clipboard.
He'll probably play 10-15 snaps in Wild Cat. Also, their QB situation is shaky. He's one big hit on Orton away from starting.

Back to the topic: How is this any different from showing College games on TV? The NCAA gets all of the money from the games on TV and you don't hear Sam Bradford say "well, if I wasn't playing, No one would watch Oklahoma, so I deserve a chunk of that TV deal"
If there is a clear difference, please enlighten me, I'm curious.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Yeah good point RamblinWreck21. Or how about the fact that in Florida the biggest selling jersey is #15? EA is simply a big, fat juicy target that they think they can attack since they are probably simply hoping EA pays them off and they know the NCAA won't.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:10 PM   #84
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah good point RamblinWreck21. Or how about the fact that in Florida the biggest selling jersey is #15? EA is simply a big, fat juicy target that they think they can attack since they are probably simply hoping EA pays them off and they know the NCAA won't.
Yeah.....It wasn't a coincidence that Bobby Dodd Stadium was full of #21 jerseys when Calvin Johnson was playing for GT....or maybe they were just seeing in the future of Jon Dwyer?
Old 06-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Haha....yeah there are all kinds of things in college football that is using a players likeness. If somehow they win that case then there are a lot more things than EA's game that could be affected.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #86
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Haha....yeah there are all kinds of things in college football that is using a players likeness. If somehow they win that case then there are a lot more things than EA's game that could be affected.
Yeah I don't really wear jerseys, so if they take away real players from the NCAA series I'm gonna want them to quit making NCAA jerseys so I can be accompanied in my pain! hahhaha
Old 06-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #87
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

What???? Nothing looks more cool than a 40 year old man with a spare tire wearing a Troy Smith....er...sorry...a #10 jersey!!
Old 06-03-2010, 01:22 PM   #88
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgovick
The truth is that the above the table compensation players receive is not nearly comparable to the revenue that they generate for a school. Their status as student-athletes prohibits them from truly earning any sort of supplemental income.

The whole degree and scholarship argument doesnt resonate with me. I have a good number of friends from high school that play D-1 football and basketball. I myself play a non major sport. The fact is that outside of a handful of bcs schools (stanford, vandy, northwestern etc) the "student" part is an afterthought. Most of these kids get degrees in Kinesiology or general studies. Outside of coaching or something athletic related their options are quite limited after college. The schools are using them to generate revenue, and are not pushing them in the classroom or giving them much to work with after graduation.
The part in bold could just as easily be applied to English majors.

A scholarship is an opportunity, not a guarantee of future success. It is not the responsibility of the university to assure that the recipient takes full advantage of the opportunity being presented to them, any more than it is the universities responsibilty to force "regular students" to show up for class instead of spending their time partying. That's not to say schools shouldn't attempt to influence or guide students into making intelligent decisions regarding their futures. But at the end of the day, it's a question of personal responsibility.

Life is about making choices, and living with the consequences of those choices. If an athlete decides to major in basket weaving he/she has no one to blame but themselves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »