Home

In Season Progression

This is a discussion on In Season Progression within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #25
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: In Season Progression

Good post by Russ.

And here is something I have not seen answered.

A). Are you guys that are seeing no in-season progression actually looking at the Edit Roster menu or are you checking Depth Chart? Sorry, never was seen from Depth Chart if I remember correctly.

B). Are you looking to see if attributes are going up even if you don't see a (+1) beside the rating in the Edit Roster Screen? If not, how are you sure that it is not working?

I realize those are kind of stupid questions but you never know how people may have jumped the gun.

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!

Last edited by Darkeus; 09-08-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeus
Good post by Russ.

And here is something I have not seen answered.

A). Are you guys that are seeing no in-season progression actually looking at the Edit Roster menu or are you checking Depth Chart? Sorry, never was seen from Depth Chart if I remember correctly.

B). Are you looking to see if attributes are going up even if you don't see a (+1) beside the rating in the Edit Roster Screen? If not, how are you sure that it is not working?

I realize those are kind of stupid questions but you never know how people may have jumped the gun.
A) Yes I looked in the Edit Roster Menu

B) I only looked at OVR but not a single change on any team.

Anyways thanks Russ for updating us!

Edit: When would the progression be made? for example every 4 weeks?

Last edited by aTTckr; 09-08-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #27
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aTTckr
A) Yes I looked in the Edit Roster Menu

B) I only looked at OVR but not a single change on any team.

Anyways thanks Russ for updating us!

Thanks. That is fair enough. Well, looks like something is not working as intended.

May want to check other attributes though just to see if any of those went up.

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 09-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's possible that players are progressing but people aren't seeing it because it's not showing a +1.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Few quick things about In Season Progression... got other stuff I'm looking into right now (360 update).

- Will work with Sim
- Will show in Edit Roster Screen
- Will NOT affect every player
- On average only 2-4 players per team will see a +1 in OVR gain
- Will change other attributes per position other than OVR
- Needs both the Tuner Pack and Title Update to work

All that being said Jordan is helping me look into as we speak to make sure everything got update correctly.

I can say 100% for sure everything was working here internally and was tested before we released the update, it is possible a number got missed (or lost) when the data went live. Keep in mind the LTP's are new tech so it is a possibility something got missed (not likely, but I want to be sure).

-Russ
It appears that something is not working correctly with this update reguarding the progression. Teams with 3 star players are still mostly poorly rated leading to an uneven disparity between rosters i.e. some teams have such poor rosters that they are continually defeated by FCS teams during simulation. And if in season progression only works with games played by the user I have to say that makes absoulutely no sense whatsoever.

reguards.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #30
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Few quick things about In Season Progression... got other stuff I'm looking into right now (360 update).

- Will work with Sim
- Will show in Edit Roster Screen
- Will NOT affect every player
- On average only 2-4 players per team will see a +1 in OVR gain
- Will change other attributes per position other than OVR
- Needs both the Tuner Pack and Title Update to work

All that being said Jordan is helping me look into as we speak to make sure everything got update correctly.

I can say 100% for sure everything was working here internally and was tested before we released the update, it is possible a number got missed (or lost) when the data went live. Keep in mind the LTP's are new tech so it is a possibility something got missed (not likely, but I want to be sure).

-Russ
Thank you very much for addressing this Russ.

I figured that the feature wasn't designed to be different than the last decade, so hopefully this feature works as designed when the 360 patch is released.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:21 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have witnessed In-Season Progression after only one game post-patch. I scrolled down my entire roster, and 1 player had +1 AWR, not OVR. I only saw it because AWR was in the first set of stats that you can see without side scrolling. I did not check any other teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDurron
I have witnessed In-Season Progression after only one game post-patch. I scrolled down my entire roster, and 1 player had +1 AWR, not OVR. I only saw it because AWR was in the first set of stats that you can see without side scrolling. I did not check any other teams.
Yeah something is not working right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »