Home

What do you think the next big announcement about NCAA 12 will be?

This is a discussion on What do you think the next big announcement about NCAA 12 will be? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #41
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What do you think the next big announcement about NCAA 12 will be?

I actually think it will be RTG related, timing it with the NFL draft would make sense...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 09:50 PM   #42
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Am I the only one here who would be happy if we got 75 man rosters? If 85 is not available 75 willl be an upgrade.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:34 PM   #43
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

I remembered somebody had this idea a long time ago and I really liked it. A new depth chart with actual positions. For example Texas Tech, enough with the WR. I want them to make it the H, X, Z, and Y positions. For Georgia Tech the FB position is really like the H-back position or whatever, i want the depth chart positions to change for whatever team you are playing as. So i can put the slot guys at the slot position instead of having to move them to #3 or #4 on the depth chart and stuff like that. Same goes for all my tall guys at the Flanker position. I know a lot of different teams have different names for different positions, not just the generic WR, RB, DE type things. It works for defense as well like all the positions in the 4-2-5, boundary corner and what not. I want to see those names instead of CB so i can put my boundary cornerback at the boundary cornerback position.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Old 04-26-2011, 12:06 AM   #44
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Am I the only one here who would be happy if we got 75 man rosters? If 85 is not available 75 willl be an upgrade.
and 80 would be better than 75, but yes, even if they increased this a little it would be HUGE in the way that you recruit and develop a team
Old 04-26-2011, 08:12 AM   #45
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

There are logistical reasons why the next announcement will very likely not be roster size increases, IMO.

The runtime of AI team management routines would increase quite significantly, and it'd be a significant amount of RAM space (note: the PS3 and 360 have identical amounts of RAM) to free up to accommodate for the 600 additional players that would exist if each team's roster count were increased to but 75.

If it happens this year, I'll applaud the change, but I don't expect this until the next generation of consoles, to be honest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 01:18 PM   #46
Pro

Does anybody know when the next set of announcements will be coming out? I saw that they are having some chat with draft prospects tonight but I was wondering if they are going to be releasing any more info about the game tonight?
Old 04-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #47
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Does anybody know when the next set of announcements will be coming out? I saw that they are having some chat with draft prospects tonight but I was wondering if they are going to be releasing any more info about the game tonight?
Haven't heard anything, in past years they almost exclusively put out blogs and info it seems like on Tuesdays and Thursdays though. I just assume that's the general formula they'll stick to.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #48
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I would love even a 5 man extension of the roster 10 would be better

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
There are logistical reasons why the next announcement will very likely not be roster size increases, IMO.

The runtime of AI team management routines would increase quite significantly, and it'd be a significant amount of RAM space (note: the PS3 and 360 have identical amounts of RAM) to free up to accommodate for the 600 additional players that would exist if each team's roster count were increased to but 75.

If it happens this year, I'll applaud the change, but I don't expect this until the next generation of consoles, to be honest.
and FIFA has something like 13,000 players in that game NCAA Football has 8,400. Im pretty sure we could add 15 more guys to the rosters to make 10,200 total still 2,800 less than FIFA.
Now it seems possible but i dont know if it is, because there are more stadiums and other stuff in NCAA if that's the case that they cant because of the amount of stadiums and all that. then yes keep it 70 if not then expand those so we can have full rosters!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »