Home

How does it feel to have feedback utilized in Ncaa13

This is a discussion on How does it feel to have feedback utilized in Ncaa13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2012, 12:08 AM   #17
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: How does it feel to have feedback utilized in Ncaa13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
Keep in mind that I am not an EA developer, but I am a developer.

What you think of as last gen issues likely comes from using a similar implementation. Imagine if it is NCAA '07 time and you have to start from scratch...you aren't going to reinvent the wheel you are going to get the basic idea down (likely in the same way you did before) then try to build on it.

There are times when I write applications that have very similar architecture underneath, it isn't uncommon for me to find a bug in one and have to go back and fix it in the others. They were still developed independently. The solution that worked last time is usually the solution you go back to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I am no programmer on any level but what's the big difference in copying the same foundation opposed to porting it over wholesale if the same issues are there?

When I think about starting from scratch, in relation to gaming, I think of them doing things completely different. Now I fully understand if that's not the case but them using that as an excuse for the game not being as fundamentally feature filled in 7 years on more powerful consoles as it was last-gen, seems like an intentional business plan, not a programming limitation.

Not you but it seems EA/Tiburon would be trying to have it both ways then.. On the one hand they say it takes time to fix these legacy issues because the core code from last gen is flawed but on the other hand they say since they didn't port over the old code, they are starting from scratch so it takes time to add all that stuff back.

As a programming layman, I would think the purpose of copying code over to a new console instead of just porting it over as is, would be to refine it and correct any issues in the original. However, if that is the case, then I don't understand why the revised code would still contain the same issues as the original, like it seems to in Madden.

These two posts really speak to what has made people so frustrated with EA Tiburon Football games.

Now I don't know jack about programming, but if certain aspects of a game are deeply flawed from a design/coding perspective, starting over with a new generation of consoles should be the time to totally reinvent the wheel, so to speak.

If the methodology you used in the previous generation became an albatross, limited flexibility for making improvements to the core gameplay, then I would hope that they would not get themselves into that same quagmire the next time around. As an outsider looking in, it seems as if that is exactly what happened.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #18
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

How many years are you goin to get fooled. They put out one hype trailer to you get all excited, exactly what they want u to do. Anybody can put out a trailer with all the new features and highlights of something to get u excited enough to go out and buy the game, then after a few weeks of having it the complaints will start pouring in. You can tell by the trailer that the game is gone be mostly the same as past years, they just added some features to an old core, so a lot of the same old problems will exsist.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #19
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
These two posts really speak to what has made people so frustrated with EA Tiburon Football games.

Now I don't know jack about programming, but if certain aspects of a game are deeply flawed from a design/coding perspective, starting over with a new generation of consoles should be the time to totally reinvent the wheel, so to speak.

If the methodology you used in the previous generation became an albatross, limited flexibility for making improvements to the core gameplay, then I would hope that they would not get themselves into that same quagmire the next time around. As an outsider looking in, it seems as if that is exactly what happened.
Great post. Slowly starting to realize that we need to know how this "car" runs instead of all the features on the dashboard.

By the way, using quagmire in a sentence without referencing Family Guy is one the most impressive things I've ever seen on a forum, lol.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

It feels like a rock star man. I'm not saying I'm the only one responsible, not even close, but all my bitching and crying about dreadlocks helped to have a direct result in getting them in NCAA so they obviously do listen if you complain enough. Now if only they'd add various lengths and caucasian long hair...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #21
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It feels like a rock star man. I'm not saying I'm the only one responsible, not even close, but all my bitching and crying about dreadlocks helped to have a direct result in getting them in NCAA so they obviously do listen if you complain enough. Now if only they'd add various lengths and caucasian long hair...
now if they would remove your terrible dreads and add back all the different neck pads that actually added some good looking options instead of that nasty stringy dread hair. you killed us on that one odogg. aweful addition
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 19

While I am still waiting for the finished product, I do given them credit for addressing more core gameplay concerns than ever before.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
now if they would remove your terrible dreads and add back all the different neck pads that actually added some good looking options instead of that nasty stringy dread hair. you killed us on that one odogg. aweful addition
Not really, year one of a new addition always is lacking, they will improve it going forward if history of features like this is any indication. Besides, although the dreads are only one length and don't look as good as I'd like I'll take them the way they are now over not having them any day. THANK YOU AGAIN EA!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #24
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Nope, lets not play 'Barbie' this year -- we got dreads -- lets not talk about length and team colored scrunchies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »