Home

How does it feel to have feedback utilized in Ncaa13

This is a discussion on How does it feel to have feedback utilized in Ncaa13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-22-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
How does it feel to have feedback utilized in Ncaa13

Years have passed and we have been saying things that could help improve our experience with EAsports video football games. Finally after watching the webcast on the NCAA13 website I feel they are listening. Dev Teams in the past would hear us but never really put an emphasis on the things we saw important. Now Cam Weber and crew have made Multiple changes seemingly in ONE year. How do you guys feel about that better late than never or what took them so long if it could always have been done?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 12:32 AM   #2
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: How does it feel to have feedback utilized in Ncaa13

It's awesome what they say they've done. I don't think this game will let us down. ESP if they fix the passing game, thats big. Maybe next year blocking. Hey i'll take what i can get. I'm a football junkie and will buy no matter what!

If they add the 2bar QB DNA and revspeed facemasks, then they listened to me. woo hoo.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:35 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

yes I agree it seems like going forward there will be a lot of attention given to detail which cant be a bad thing. I must say I am excited to see how it comes together. I am looking for how they incorporate penalties this year!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
Rookie

Fixing what was fixed before. Have y'all not played the old ps version? Precision passing was I the game. So was multiple passing styles. The players in the older version ran differently unlike this gens clones running the same. Take something out and add it back in years later and call it new. Seems how EA does things.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #5
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
Fixing what was fixed before. Have y'all not played the old ps version? Precision passing was I the game. So was multiple passing styles. The players in the older version ran differently unlike this gens clones running the same. Take something out and add it back in years later and call it new. Seems how EA does things.
You do realize that none of the code base from last gen was ported, right? They started from scratch, which means EVERYTHING they added was new. You can't just copy and paste features from PS2 to PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
You do realize that none of the code base from last gen was ported, right? They started from scratch, which means EVERYTHING they added was new. You can't just copy and paste features from PS2 to PS3.
I think what he's saying though is that passing trajectories and lead passing was accomplished either right off the bat or within the first couple iterations on last gen, but has taken 7 years to get done on this generation.

As for the OP, our feedback has been utilized for several years now, yet we still get a lackluster product. You could really see this in the NCAA 12 previews last year. They were practically talking to this forum when they promised the removal of suction blocking/tackling, consecutive hit/gang tackling, momentum based collisions, and re-worked zone AI. And yet, look at what we got as the final product.

I know NCAA's 10 & 11 had similar "community feedback" based features, but I apologize, I can't remember what they were specifically. Only thing I can think of right now was the "authentic pocket" from NCAA 10, which was/is anything but.

Maybe this year really is different. They claim to have doubled the size of their gameplay team, so maybe they'll actually have the man power to not only get more work done on the gameplay, but actually get things working correctly. However, they get no benefit of the doubt from me anymore. I've heard this talk year-in-and-year-out for far too long now. They're going to have to prove it to me first.

Last edited by Pokes404; 04-23-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Feels no different from the last several years. They have interacted before.

Im in a wait and see stage.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #8
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
Let me ask this and it comes from something someone posted before in the Madden forum, that I have been curious about ever since.

If they truly started from scratch, why are so many legacy issues from last-gen still present in next-gen?

On topic, like others have said, it always feels good to be heard but it's how that feedback gets implemented that counts. I think it was a great idea to bring in CD attendees much earlier because a lot of nuances can get lost in translation through just reading feedback. Having gamers with various POV's in the EA football community, working directly with devs to understand, not just hear what we want, should help better transition our feedback into the game.

Time will tell.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 04-23-2012 at 05:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »