Home

NCAA Football 14 Playbook 4: Dynasty - Part 1 of 3

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Playbook 4: Dynasty - Part 1 of 3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #57
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I'm soooooooooooooo stoked that if I unlock the on the field accelerators man and I'm playing with UTSA against Bama...and I keep the game close like 14-0 going into the 4th quarter that my team will get HOT...I mean like on FIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....to the point where initially there will be SMOKE coming from the top of the helmets...and if I can just manage to tie the game with 2 minutes left....Imean just tie the score I'll then see FLAMES on top of my teams helmets man...and if we get to OT...my players will EXPLODE...I mean brain fragments everywhere from being so combustable!!! What Bart Scott say....

"Can't Wait"

Wait a minute...yes I can!!!!
I couldn't help but laugh.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #58
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NCAA Football 14 Playbook 4: Dynasty - Part 1 of 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
As soon as I read about that clutch trait that boosts your players ratings because some sort of magic "boost" it cemented my decision not to buy this game for the third strait year. Wake me up when you start putting realism in your college football game, Tiburon.
As I said earlier, this has been in the game for years.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #59
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
It's really a shame that we have been conditioned from years of disappointment to lack optimism for these new features. Most people on OS immediately think of ways the features will fail and I can't say that I blame them.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:20 PM   #60
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Yes, but definitely not in the same capacity. Before players were just hot and cold based on their performance. Now, if I buy these RPG "upgrades" , my players are all of a sudden going to get a huge ratings boost in the 4th quarter?

It's gimmicky. Now, to not be entirely cynical, the people that are excited for this, i'm happy for you. I wish I could be excited for these games like I used to be, but if in the year 2013 we're getting features for proper running and RPG coach elements, it's just not enough at this point.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #61
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Not quite. In previous games your players had to earn it by playing well (usually scoring TDs or forcing TOs). Granted, since the user controlled guy gets hot quicker (which is stupid) this means that your user controlled defender gets hot just from making some tackles, but I digress. In the past your players had to earn it by doing well. Now, they'll get it for free just by having an experienced coach. One saving grace is that it's the highest level item in the game management tree (as it pretty much has to be the circled one below with the "4th quarter" hand gesture that players use all the time) so at least it'll only be available to high level coaches and it'll take a while for users to get.
Attached Images
File Type: png game management.PNG (200.6 KB, 166 views)
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #62
Pro

BiggestKJ's Arena

OVR: 10
Coach skill is gimmicky, there's no way around it. And it does take away from the uniqueness of certain coaches. All one has to do is choose the same skill upgrades and BAM, Coach A is just like Coach Z from another dynasty/or team.

In real life, believe it or not EA, coaching developments are not influenced by modifiers or "boosts". Their development is influenced by the coaching tree they come from or the coaches they surround themselves with. A young defensive coordinator could stand to learn some skills from a smart, experienced coach. Implement an age factor. A coach in his 30's is likely to gather knowledge easier than a coach in his 50's who is set in his ways. Something like this should be influenced on a natural progression rather than controlled by the user. This is a glorious cop-out from EA and them trying to find a quick fix to coach progression.

As far as that clutch thing goes, something like that should be influenced by three things first:

1. Individual players leadership ratings
2. Experience rating
3. Home crowd factor.

Thankfully, it is a gimmick that may not need to be used or activated. I just wish they gave us natural coach progressions.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #63
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggestKJ
Coach skill is gimmicky, there's no way around it. And it does take away from the uniqueness of certain coaches. All one has to do is choose the same skill upgrades and BAM, Coach A is just like Coach Z from another dynasty/or team.
I couldn't disagree with this more. The coach skills is the best way to ADD uniqueness to coaches that we've ever had in this game.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #64
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Not quite. In previous games your players had to earn it by playing well (usually scoring TDs or forcing TOs). Granted, since the user controlled guy gets hot quicker (which is stupid) this means that your user controlled defender gets hot just from making some tackles, but I digress. In the past your players had to earn it by doing well. Now, they'll get it for free just by having an experienced coach. One saving grace is that it's the highest level item in the game management tree (as it pretty much has to be the circled one below with the "4th quarter" hand gesture that players use all the time) so at least it'll only be available to high level coaches and it'll take a while for users to get.
Right, this is new, I was just clarifying because some people seemed unaware hot streaks were even a feature (As was I until recently).

To be fair, there are some coaches/players known for orchestrating comebacks, though hopefully making everybody 'On Fire' doesn't make the team near impossible to stop.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

Last edited by TDenverFan; 05-29-2013 at 08:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »