Home

EA College Football News & Info

This is a discussion on EA College Football News & Info within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2022, 01:51 PM   #49
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24
EA College Football News & Info

Just anxiously hoping (dreaming) they drop a post, and maybe even a teaser image, in next couple weeks with the tag “1 year from today… CFB is back!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by beau21; 06-26-2022 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-26-2022, 02:22 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA College Football News & Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
Just anxiously hoping (dreaming) they drop a post, and maybe even a teaser image, in next couple weeks with the tag “1 year from today… CFB is back!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope the dream I had a few weeks back turns out to be true and EA randomly announces the game is releasing in October of this year.

― Plato
Old 06-26-2022, 02:31 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I hope the dream I had a few weeks back turns out to be true and EA randomly announces the game is releasing in October of this year.

I dreamed last night I was watching a screen and the trailer was about to start.

Man I hope it’s solid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2022, 10:06 PM   #52
MVP

My guess is Christmas for first news and college playoffs for tv ads.

I like the way MLB the Show promotes their game with developers doing multiple live streams while answering questions and playing the game.
Old 06-26-2022, 11:04 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I’m interested to see how progression is handled. The Madden XP system seems like it would be a really bad mismatch in a college game since for the most part you need to play to progress
Old 06-27-2022, 03:22 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I’m interested to see how progression is handled. The Madden XP system seems like it would be a really bad mismatch in a college game since for the most part you need to play to progress
This is honestly one of my biggest concerns with the game. I absolutely hate the XP system the way it is implemented in Madden. I also disliked how simple and predictable the progression was in NCAA 14. I'd rather have 14's system over the XP system, but I'm hoping EA tries something different with the CFB game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 06-27-2022, 06:09 AM   #55
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Players earn significantly more XP from practice than raw game stats in Madden 22.

You do have to win awards, lead the league in statistical categories, and/or win scenario breakout challenges to increase a player’s development trait, which accelerates his growth to stardom (and all those things award XP on their own as well). But the “stat padding is the only way to get XP, otherwise players can’t improve at all” way of doing things from Madden 13 / Madden 25 that is burned into everyone’s memory just isn’t how that system works anymore.

I won’t be shocked to see Skill Points appear in EA Sports College Football. But I do hope that offseason player training should be more interesting than just a simple XP grant per-player based on coach prestige or what have you; the spring and summer practice periods are very meaningful in a college football player’s career, and they should be given that level of gameplay importance. I also hope the game offers a more directed progression system than NCAA Football 14, which increased every position’s ratings the same way regardless of teams’ offensive and defensive systems and further offered users zero levers to pull regarding how their players developed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2022, 02:35 PM   #56
Banned

Do we think there’s any chance at all EA tried to get some star head coaches signed on and scanned similar to Madden? It would be so cool to see Saban on the sideline and Fisher on yours for example instead of the 5 generic faces like previous games. Obviously they wouldn’t get all the schools but even 20 P5 coaches would be amazing in my book.

Then imagine someone like Brian Kelly goes to LSU and the next season he is on their sideline. So cool.

Probably getting ahead of myself here !

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »