Home

EA College Football News & Info

This is a discussion on EA College Football News & Info within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2022, 03:32 PM   #57
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: EA College Football News & Info

I don't see any harm in coaches doing that. I'm sure someone will say it will make both fans and some potential recruits even happy with no downside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh
Do we think there’s any chance at all EA tried to get some star head coaches signed on and scanned similar to Madden? It would be so cool to see Saban on the sideline and Fisher on yours for example instead of the 5 generic faces like previous games. Obviously they wouldn’t get all the schools but even 20 P5 coaches would be amazing in my book.

Then imagine someone like Brian Kelly goes to LSU and the next season he is on their sideline. So cool.

Probably getting ahead of myself here !
Old 06-29-2022, 03:41 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I'd love see actual coaches in the game, but who knows how much that would cost EA. I'm sure if it were to be a reasonable cost, EA would be all over it, but I'm sure a number of coaches would be asking for ludicrous amounts of money.

Maybe EA convinces the coaches it can be negatively recruited against them if they're not in the game? I'm sure for some impressionable high schoolers, they may feel star struck seeing a coach in game and then meeting them in real life on a visit. On the other hand, if they saw Mark Stoops wasn't in the game, they might think lesser of him even if they don't realize it.

Argue that EA.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 06-29-2022, 04:07 PM   #59
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

OVR: 0

I actually think the current madden xp format would be perfect and way better suited for the college game. None of the players will be in game past 5 years, so if they max out at the madden rate, that works out more realistically to what we expect of a college career. We always see players explode on the scene, making these dramatic improvements, and they either leave for the draft, or they transfer to a better, more prestigious school. I think we'd see exactly those things happen. I would hope so. I want coaching and recruiting to be fun and necessary, so the current xp format we've felt is overpowered in madden can finally work out for us.
Old 06-29-2022, 07:21 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

is there a list somewhere of which handful of schools are still on the fence about being in EACF 23 ?
(or izit 24?)

A Work in Progress
Old 06-30-2022, 09:29 AM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
is there a list somewhere of which handful of schools are still on the fence about being in EACF 23 ?

(or izit 24?)

I found this which if accurate, has me so excited to confirm my team….

https://theathletic.com/2408818/2021...cking-updates/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2022, 11:01 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
I found this which if accurate, has me so excited to confirm my team….

https://theathletic.com/2408818/2021...cking-updates/
There is no confirmed list, but right now it appears every FBS school is cooperating as if they expect to be in the game, which once the NIL stuff rolled out it should have been expected all schools would be in.

No school was going to say no once NIL became a thing unless they were purposefully wanting less money and to take away a compensation opportunity for their athletes leading to an easy thing to negative recruit with.

And the game will be '24 since it releases in calendar year 2023.

― Plato
Old 06-30-2022, 11:29 AM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
There is no confirmed list, but right now it appears every FBS school is cooperating as if they expect to be in the game, which once the NIL stuff rolled out it should have been expected all schools would be in.

No school was going to say no once NIL became a thing unless they were purposefully wanting less money and to take away a compensation opportunity for their athletes leading to an easy thing to negative recruit with.

And the game will be '24 since it releases in calendar year 2023.

Yes, I read that also, so even though ND and NW said they are out, I assume EA is still acting a preparing as if they are in so when a deal is reached, they will be ready asap.

I can’t wait to play this game, just hope the atmosphere is there. I think of games like Michigan vs anOSU, Texas vs Oklahoma, Alabama vs Auburn among many others and how great the could be on the ps5. I just hope EA delivers on it. I play FOF in madden Just to play with the college teams in the playoffs to wet my appetite, but it still has the madden atmosphere and is sorely lacking of course.

Sent from my iPad Pro
Old 06-30-2022, 01:10 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Yes, I read that also, so even though ND and NW said they are out, I assume EA is still acting a preparing as if they are in so when a deal is reached, they will be ready asap.

I can’t wait to play this game, just hope the atmosphere is there. I think of games like Michigan vs anOSU, Texas vs Oklahoma, Alabama vs Auburn among many others and how great the could be on the ps5. I just hope EA delivers on it. I play FOF in madden Just to play with the college teams in the playoffs to wet my appetite, but it still has the madden atmosphere and is sorely lacking of course.

Sent from my iPad Pro
ND and NW only said they'd be out if the NIL stuff wasn't settled in time. It was an empty statement that earned them free PR points because it made them appear as if they stood with the student athletes. Anyone following the situation knew it was nonsense and meant nothing.

We do have reports that the schools that haven't officially signed yet are still working cooperatively with EA so that once the contracts are ironed out everything will be ready to go. And if I remember right, every single FBS and future FBS school is working with EA right now.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »