Home

Armor & Sword's CFB 25 Custom Dynasty Mode Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's CFB 25 Custom Dynasty Mode Sliders within the EA Sports College Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2024, 12:15 PM   #1297
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword's CFB 25 Custom Dynasty Mode Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBKSean216
Armor,

These are probably the best sliders I have tried so far this year but there's one issue I am noticing that I hope you can give input on how to improve just a little. I play as Ohio State in my dynasty and pretty much every game, even vs TRASH teams, their QB gets 3 or 4 huge plays. I am talking about my elite corners getting burned BAD deep. Doesn't matter if I am running man or zone. Press or cushion. I dont care if this happens against average or better teams and I get it, any team can get lucky with plays like these in any game no matter how bad they are. But it's inevitable that it will happen. I will have their QB shutdown but it almost feels like it's scripted. My 90+ overall DBs getting torched by 70 something WR with low 80s speed. I'll record some videos the next time it happen but often on these plays, the AI DB will stop completely even for just .001 seconds and then can't get back into the play.

Is this something that can be adjusted just a little so it's not so "scripted"? Speed parity? Pass reaction time? Pass coverage??

First and foremost it is not a slider thing....not at all.

It's the consequnces of several things:

1. Press coverage - Huge risk on CFB 25. I rarely use it. And when I do I show Cover two just to give a tad of space. If I plan on pressing I user the Free safety. I have to be able to slide over to a WR running free if they beat the press.

2. Play Calling - make sure you are mixing up your shells. Make sure you understand what disguised shells work with what plays you are calling or it can easily lead to busted coverages.

There are a lot of layers to CFB 25 and Madden 25 as well this cycle. People are instead screaming about broken games (not you just talking in general). Are they perfect? No. And press coverage is an issue on CFB 25 but has been improved since the last big patch. There are going to be big plays in College Football.....it's the nature of the game.

I have completely blocked out the noise surrounding both games from all the nay sayers. I am having way too much fun to "complain" and waste energy on complaining.

We have several slider sets and options for CFB 25......my work is done.

I have been focused on playing tons of games.

Definitely seek out videos on shell disguise strategies on CFB 25 to better understand when to use them and what combinations work well and what does not.

And even after all that....**** is gonna happen. Busted coverages are gonna happen....just like IRL.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 08-26-2024, 12:54 PM   #1298
Rookie

leoribas3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBKSean216
Armor,

These are probably the best sliders I have tried so far this year but there's one issue I am noticing that I hope you can give input on how to improve just a little. I play as Ohio State in my dynasty and pretty much every game, even vs TRASH teams, their QB gets 3 or 4 huge plays. I am talking about my elite corners getting burned BAD deep. Doesn't matter if I am running man or zone. Press or cushion. I dont care if this happens against average or better teams and I get it, any team can get lucky with plays like these in any game no matter how bad they are. But it's inevitable that it will happen. I will have their QB shutdown but it almost feels like it's scripted. My 90+ overall DBs getting torched by 70 something WR with low 80s speed. I'll record some videos the next time it happen but often on these plays, the AI DB will stop completely even for just .001 seconds and then can't get back into the play.

Is this something that can be adjusted just a little so it's not so "scripted"? Speed parity? Pass reaction time? Pass coverage??

As far as I know, everybody has been experiencing this, it seems like a game problem, idk if its scripted or not but corners react late as hell and leave the CPU WR running a streak by themselves
Old 08-26-2024, 01:21 PM   #1299
Rookie

Is it a general consensus that if you change sliders and play a game right away, some of the old sliders carry over into your current game until things settle down?
Old 08-26-2024, 01:28 PM   #1300
Rookie

Fusker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoribas3
As far as I know, everybody has been experiencing this, it seems like a game problem, idk if its scripted or not but corners react late as hell and leave the CPU WR running a streak by themselves
There’s a reason shutouts are hard irl. I think the game captures this on multiple levels.
Old 08-26-2024, 02:22 PM   #1301
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by honkylips
Is it a general consensus that if you change sliders and play a game right away, some of the old sliders carry over into your current game until things settle down?
God no man......that is a wild OS myth...never heard that one before.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2024, 05:06 PM   #1302
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
God no man......that is a wild OS myth...never heard that one before.
I was trying to figure out why I had such a tough go in my first game with the update. Maybe I just had an off night yesterday. I need to stop assuming I have gimme games. I haven't played for 3 years and 14 seemed easier. This game does a great job of fighting back like you were playing another person. I love your changes BTW. Made my life much easier on offense. Gotta up my defensive game
Old 08-26-2024, 06:13 PM   #1303
Rookie

Just saw your loss to GT. What a heartbreaker. But like you said that’s football. Blown coverages happen.

QUOTE=Armor and Sword;2050975106]First and foremost it is not a slider thing....not at all.

1. Press coverage - Huge risk on CFB 25. I rarely use it. And when I do I show Cover two just to give a tad of space. If I plan on pressing I user the Free safety. I have to be able to slide over to a WR running free if they beat the press.

2. Play Calling - make sure you are mixing up your shells. Make sure you understand what disguised shells work with what plays you are calling or it can easily lead to busted coverages.

There are a lot of layers to CFB 25 and Madden 25 as well this cycle. People are instead screaming about broken games (not you just talking in general). Are they perfect? No. And press coverage is an issue on CFB 25 but has been improved since the last big patch. There are going to be big plays in College Football.....it's the nature of the game.

I have completely blocked out the noise surrounding both games from all the nay sayers. I am having way too much fun to "complain" and waste energy on complaining.

Definitely seek out videos on shell disguise strategies on CFB 25 to better understand when to use them and what combinations work well and what does not.

And even after all that....**** is gonna happen. Busted coverages are gonna happen....just like IRL.[/quote]
Old 08-26-2024, 06:51 PM   #1304
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by finzerjim
Just saw your loss to GT. What a heartbreaker. But like you said that’s football. Blown coverages happen.

QUOTE=Armor and Sword;2050975106]First and foremost it is not a slider thing....not at all.

And even after all that....**** is gonna happen. Busted coverages are gonna happen....just like IRL.
[/quote]

It was a kick in the balls!!!!!! So I went back and reviewed the defense…..and somehow I was in a Tampa 2 and not the Cover 4 I thought I called.

And wow….my safety chose the wrong guy to offer over the top support.

God I love this game.

I was cursing like a drunken sailor at the end of that one.

To give context…..we were up 24-20 with under a minute to play. We had two straight sacks to leave GT with a 4th and 29.

They hit me over the top with a TD to the X WR.

We have beaten:

#5 Florida
LSU in Baton Rouge
Miami at Hard Rock Stadium but we have lost to:

Appalachian State at home
GT at home

3-2 and we changed QB’s at halftime vs GT to rally back from a 13-10 deficit.

John Adebo a red shirt Freshman whom I recruited has been named the starter heading into Death Valley to face the Clemson Tigers in his first career start.

Talk about a baptism by fire.

This game OWNS MY SOUL!!!!!
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders »