Home

Armor & Sword's CFB 25 Custom Dynasty Mode Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's CFB 25 Custom Dynasty Mode Sliders within the EA Sports College Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-22-2024, 06:12 AM   #313
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword's CFB 25 Custom Dynasty Mode Sliders

3 and 3 with Kennesaw State midway through my first ever college football dynasty and I'm wondering if I'm playing a different game to everyone else (this thread seems to be the only positive CFB place on the net!). When I started I thought I'd have to drop down to varsity, but these sliders have made defence playable, if tough. I wonder if never playing an NCAA game gives me a different perspective. I actually thought Madden was a good game on the field for most of last year, this is way better.

My QBs are 63, 62, and 60, so I have to focus on the run and be careful how I throw. My best WR is a deep threat and I can't really take advantage of him due to my poor QBs. My best TE is a slow possession 71 and my O line is mediocre. Luckily I have two good HBs. Attributes really seem to matter, I had been considering playing my 62 QB instead of the 63, as his pressure attribute is way higher and I'm pretty much always throwing under pressure. Starter got a minor injury in game, second string came in and did much better. His accuracy is lower, but being able to handle the pressure better means he's actually getting the ball out more often.

All three wins felt like a real achievement, one of my losses was in OT after losing an eight point lead due to a late game fumble. College OT is so much fun.

Penalties have a real game impact, I was getting killed with holding calls, but not hitting turbo behind the line on run plays has made it more even.

Still picking up recruiting, I think I lost a few potential commits due to not using the pitch, but I still have a chance with the 28th ranked player in the class.

Last edited by johnhughthom; 07-22-2024 at 06:16 AM.
Old 07-22-2024, 08:17 AM   #314
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Once I get thru Year 1 of my NC State Dynasty (folks…..it’s been brutal for the Wolfpack on the field….more on that after I update the newswire) I will poat a “How to Recruit” video.

Recrutiing is delicious. They really nailed it. We have a heck of a class so far (27th in the nation thru 6 weeks) and hopefully we land this one 5 star LE who looks generational (Green Diamond to boot).

Glad everyone in here is enjoying the game as much as I am!!!
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 07-22-2024, 08:19 AM   #315
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhughthom
3 and 3 with Kennesaw State midway through my first ever college football dynasty and I'm wondering if I'm playing a different game to everyone else (this thread seems to be the only positive CFB place on the net!). When I started I thought I'd have to drop down to varsity, but these sliders have made defence playable, if tough. I wonder if never playing an NCAA game gives me a different perspective. I actually thought Madden was a good game on the field for most of last year, this is way better.

My QBs are 63, 62, and 60, so I have to focus on the run and be careful how I throw. My best WR is a deep threat and I can't really take advantage of him due to my poor QBs. My best TE is a slow possession 71 and my O line is mediocre. Luckily I have two good HBs. Attributes really seem to matter, I had been considering playing my 62 QB instead of the 63, as his pressure attribute is way higher and I'm pretty much always throwing under pressure. Starter got a minor injury in game, second string came in and did much better. His accuracy is lower, but being able to handle the pressure better means he's actually getting the ball out more often.

All three wins felt like a real achievement, one of my losses was in OT after losing an eight point lead due to a late game fumble. College OT is so much fun.

Penalties have a real game impact, I was getting killed with holding calls, but not hitting turbo behind the line on run plays has made it more even.

Still picking up recruiting, I think I lost a few potential commits due to not using the pitch, but I still have a chance with the 28th ranked player in the class.

Yeah slider sections are usually one of the more civil places to be on this forum. That 2 extra clicks to get to a place to post keeps the crazies away most of the time lol.

Glad you're enjoying the game. To go along with the holding off on turbo a bit, I've found running downhill seems to limit holding penalties and blocks in the back to an extent. I also don't go crazy on the spin moves / jukes (usually do one juke to hit a hole and at most one more if I only have 1 defender to beat).

Do I have a lower YPC average than I could? Yes. Do I have issues with a ton of holding penalties / blocks in the back? Not at all.

It also reduces my turnovers quite a bit (I don't think my HB has fumbled so far in 5 games). I juke into the proper gap and start covering the ball.

ID'ing the Mike also helps a lot with run blocking which helps keep my run game impactful. Once you learn to start making it a part of your pre snap read you'll see that the default Mike it identifies in a lot of formations is waaaaaay off (It loves IDing the Mike as a linebacker lined up against your TE who's in the slot).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2024, 08:25 AM   #316
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwroberts1
My apologies. Just gets tiring every year of the exact same issues. They did awesome on this game as a whole. Enjoying it way more than I probably did any Madden… Just stinks that I have to play every snap of every game to get realistic results. In year 3 of my previous dynasty I was 10 overall higher than most of my opponents, but play the moments turned my team into a cupcake that’d get destroyed left and right. Enjoyed the concept of play the moments, just wish they could solve why when the computer simulates it doesn’t play true to overall.
No problem my man…..we just try to be a positive vibes kinda hang out in this thread and not let it evolve into a bitch fest which unfortunately is what happens to almost every thread in the main forum’s.

I have no issues with expressing some legitimate frustrations but how we frane that frustration is important.

I appreciate you understanding that.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
Old 07-22-2024, 08:39 AM   #317
MVP

OVR: 6

Learn something new everyday. So apparently that red bar that pops up under offensive lineman sometimes is them "learning" your pass rush moves.

If you mix up your moves (going inside / outside) or sub in new pass rushers it helps slow the learning process down.

I've noticed a few times Armor when you were just getting zero pass rush the lineman you were against had that red bar filled up pretty high.

Kind of a cool feature that I knew nothing about lol.
Old 07-22-2024, 09:01 AM   #318
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
Learn something new everyday. So apparently that red bar that pops up under offensive lineman sometimes is them "learning" your pass rush moves.

If you mix up your moves (going inside / outside) or sub in new pass rushers it helps slow the learning process down.

I've noticed a few times Armor when you were just getting zero pass rush the lineman you were against had that red bar filled up pretty high.

Kind of a cool feature that I knew nothing about lol.

Awesome find!!!!

I feel like I have been flying blind on a few things thru 6 weeks of this “Dynasty”

Maybe I should do the dreaded restart after they drop the first patch that will ultimately clean up some things.

I can use this dynasty to play tons of games around the country.

They only bummer is I have recruited pretty damn good thru 6 weeks. Mmmmmm decisions.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
Old 07-22-2024, 09:08 AM   #319
Rookie

Seeing some speculation that the pass coverage slider may be inverted. Any one else see that or try to mess with it?
Old 07-22-2024, 09:12 AM   #320
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachCot
Seeing some speculation that the pass coverage slider may be inverted. Any one else see that or try to mess with it?
False. It’s not.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders »