Home

Armor & Sword's CFB 25 Custom Dynasty Mode Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's CFB 25 Custom Dynasty Mode Sliders within the EA Sports College Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-22-2024, 11:08 AM   #329
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Armor & Sword's CFB 25 Custom Dynasty Mode Sliders

Hey armor! Long time fan! I am very glad that you are doing your sliders, I´ve been using them for 10+ years haha! Finally laid NCCa 14 to rest. this game is a blast and your sliders are a blast! I have a couple of quesitons:

1. I seen to be getting a high number of holdings, I have version 1 of the sliders, just wanted to ask if you saw this

2. My slot corners are bad, they get beating a lot but this is more scheme right? Somethink I really like now is that the CPU does not "hold back" You cant be using the same defenses over and over.

Thank again man!
Old 07-22-2024, 11:14 AM   #330
MVP

OVR: 6

IIRC Version 1 to Version 2 the holding slider got knocked down a bit to combat excess holding penalties. You should check the differences in what you're using versus what's showing for V2 in the OP.
Old 07-22-2024, 11:37 AM   #331
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Ok CFB 25 Nation we have updated the bottom of the OP to now include a Dynasty and Gameplay Tips and helpers section.

This section will be added to as we move forward in the cycle as we are finding things out as we play thru our test dynasty.

The first two topics are all about OL adjustments and the running game and the video link there is outstanding (for what all the pre snap line adjustments mean and how to use them properly). I have found since learning a lot more about pre snap line adjustments and ID'ing the Mike....things have gotten much better in tempering the pass rush and running the football more effectively.

We also discuss the running game with some quick hitting points that are highly effective.

Guys we have such a wonderful game and I myself am still learning all the little intricacies. As I learn and also hear your feedback....I will update that section regularly.

Soon in the next two weeks we will update that section with a Recruiting 101 Twitch video (of your's truly) and tips.

V2 is a great bas and I do expect further tweaks in the coming weeks.......but nothing earth shaking. We have a base AA set that IMO is about as perfect as it can be for my skill level and hopefully many of you. If not...make some slight tweaks to customize your experience

Let's keep helping each other enjoy this game to the fullest!!!
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 07-22-2024 at 12:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2024, 11:54 AM   #332
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I have not seen that happen on a holding call, but yes on block in the back. Which is accurate as it is a penalty from the spot of the foul. Since block in the back generally occurs downfield, there is generally yardage gained which can result in odd down and distance situations.

Holding on the other hand is 10 yards from the LOS. So if you are seeing the situation you described with a holding call, that is being done incorrectly and is a glitch or poorly programmed by EA.
I'll pay better attention to the call next time, maybe it was a block in the back penalty. I was frustrated when I saw it because every big play I executed was turned around due to a penalty and then I saw the down and distance and it confused. I'll report back if I made a mistake

::Edit - you're right. I was looking at block in the back penalties as if they were 10 yard holds

Last edited by JRT2006; 07-22-2024 at 12:48 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot
Old 07-22-2024, 12:00 PM   #333
Rookie

I'm enjoying these sliders for the most part, gameplay feels good but the CPU QB/WR play is frustrating me. There doesn't seem to be much I can do to prevent a completion after the ball has been thrown, jarring hits seem to have little to no impact on the CPUs ability to catch, I played Kentucky with Florida and their QB went 30-39 with about 3-4 throwaways for 346 yards. My QB was 19-46 for 379, had several drops, many incompletions due to hits on the receiver- the CPU is playing a completely different game than I am. I ended up winning by 3 as time expired.
Old 07-22-2024, 12:10 PM   #334
Rookie

Loving the set. Using them in a personal dynasty.

But thinking about using them in a dynasty with less "sim" type of players tho.

Already can hear their complaints about penalties. Haha

Could someone shed some insight on a few things:

Would decreasing penalty sliders drastically affect gameplay?

For reaction time sliders - if they are lowered players are faster to react? Or higher numbers result in quicker reactions?

Thanks everyone

Sent from my SM-G990U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-22-2024, 12:33 PM   #335
Rookie

I like the sliders. Makes the game way better so thank you. How are y’all doing with penalties. I do like them on, but 4 holding penalties on 1st and goal is a bit tiresome. Other concern is if the cpu fake snaps it, my guys jump. I will say, it is so nice when they get a TD called back for holding 😅
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2024, 12:38 PM   #336
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddiestduck
Loving the set. Using them in a personal dynasty.

But thinking about using them in a dynasty with less "sim" type of players tho.

Already can hear their complaints about penalties. Haha

Could someone shed some insight on a few things:

Would decreasing penalty sliders drastically affect gameplay? - not at all.

For reaction time sliders - if they are lowered players are faster to react? Or higher numbers result in quicker reactions? - The lower they go the lower their reaction time becomes

Thanks everyone

Sent from my SM-G990U using Operation Sports mobile app
Answered in bold.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders »